Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

My 2006 broke down on 1/1

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Kabeetz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2006 broke down on 1/1 *1/3 STATUS UPDATE!*

Unbelievable.

Leaving a friends house about 20 miles south of my home in Queens, NY at 10:30. Car cranks but won't start. Get it to start, give it gas, but the RPM's won't go above 0 on the dial. As soon as I let off car shuts off. Car won't start. We spent about 3 hours trying to find the passengar compartment fuse box, as it exists according to the manual.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE EXACTLE THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT FUSES ARE??!?!?! Found the one in the engine but the manual says there are two.

Regardless, I am pretty sure its the fuel pump.

Called Nissan Roadside assistance they said MY WARRANTY DOESNT COVER TOWS!!!!!!!!!!1

Called Amex they only cover tows up to 5 miles. 5 MILES!!!

Slept over and got a family member to drive down 40 miles with their AAA gold card which tows up to 100 miles, so I can have it towed 45 miles to the nissan by my job... which told me NISSAN SHOULD HAVE TOWED IT TO THE NEAREST NISSAN AT LEAST FOR FREE.

F*** NISSAN.

If they try and wiggle out of the warranty they are gonna have some serious trouble on their hands. They already pulled that "can't promise anything, gotta make sure there are no aftermarket parts and uh that the diagnostic shows the problem is covered.." type pre-emptive talk.

They also made me rent a car at 30/a day which will only be coverable by them if the problem is under warrantly.

Enterprise only had a minivan for 30, or I could throw in another 10 and go for the chrysler 300. I said f it, and put up the extra 10 out of pocket.

I refuse to go from a Z to a minivan. Especially since I'm taking a cutie out tonight.

Anyway, had to vent. If anyone has any knowledge about the location of the second set of fuses, please post up.

Last edited by Kabeetz; 01-03-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:13 AM
steve5

any mods to your car?
milage?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 AM
sam30540

Do you have pics of the minivan?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a fusebox on the driver side by the dead pedal area and the other is under the hood by battery.

I'm not sure if it changed for 2006.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by steve5
any mods to your car?
milage?
No mods, I was riding out the warranty as I travel long distances... mileage is 18k.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by sam30540

ROFL, no, it was a dodge caravan though in silver.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by blasian
There is a fusebox on the driver side by the dead pedal area and the other is under the hood by battery.

I'm not sure if it changed for 2006.
Found the set under the hood... Did not find the fusebox in the compartment... I'm not familiar with the term dead pedal, you mean basically at the bottom left kinda by the clutch?? I'll look again but f me if its there because three guys looked like madmen, and I'm not the biggest car guy ever but my boy has a an extremely modded 300z and my other a heavily modded maxima and I can't believe we missed it between the three of us
Old 01-02-2007, 11:38 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kabeetz
Found the set under the hood... Did not find the fusebox in the compartment... I'm not familiar with the term dead pedal, you mean basically at the bottom left kinda by the clutch?? I'll look again but f me if its there because three guys looked like madmen, and I'm not the biggest car guy ever but my boy has a an extremely modded 300z and my other a heavily modded maxima and I can't believe we missed it between the three of us
Yeah the dead pedal is left of the clutch pedal. There is a little door that hides the fuse box there.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by blasian
Yeah the dead pedal is left of the clutch pedal. There is a little door that hides the fuse box there.
Good looks bro, thanks for the info.

The nissan roadside trying to get out of towing me.. and the problem happening at all KILLS ME. Assuming it IS the fuel pump, I know that was a common problem on the 03-04's, but I havent seen much go wrong on the 2006's.

I'll get over it quick, I just don't want this to be the beginning of a slippery slope of constant problems.

I *LOVE* the Z platform, I loathe nissan's quality in terms of materials and interior rattles, and the dealership good ol' boy try and sucker the customer methods.

I know I speak for a lot of us on that point, you read this stuff every day on the net.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
sisco534

Sounds like a problem.
1. Why didnt you read the Owners manual to find the fuse box.
2. 03-04 models didnt have fuel pump problems.
GL
Old 01-02-2007, 03:15 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nissan > U
Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
MIAPLAYA

Any codes? Could be a Crank Position Sensor..
Old 01-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sam30540
LMFAO!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:34 PM
FLY BY Z

Is everyone in Yonkers bonkers? If you want towing covered by a manufacturer (or rentals for that matter) you need to buy a lux brand. If they cover your rental and towing, it is not through warranty. It is because they are doing you a favor. Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc do not cover towing or rental under warranty. Some of the Service Contracts do include it. You probably declined it in F&I. Remember?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Q45tech

Have you been stopping by dealership every 90 days for oil changes so the dealers can find problems to charge Nissan for under warranty? Preemptive care?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by sisco534
Sounds like a problem.
1. Why didnt you read the Owners manual to find the fuse box.
2. 03-04 models didnt have fuel pump problems.
GL

Ok... OPEN your Z manual, section 8-22 or 8-23 is a diagram of the passenger compartment fusebox That makes no sense, AND NOWHERE DOES IT SAY WHERE IT IS LOCATED Who writes those things. It just says there is one in the passenger compartment and here is the picture of it.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by FLY BY Z
Is everyone in Yonkers bonkers? If you want towing covered by a manufacturer (or rentals for that matter) you need to buy a lux brand. If they cover your rental and towing, it is not through warranty. It is because they are doing you a favor. Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc do not cover towing or rental under warranty. Some of the Service Contracts do include it. You probably declined it in F&I. Remember?
Bro... I was disappointed to learn that towing was not covered, but what really pissed me off was that the next day, when I brought it in, the head of service at the Nissan I brought it to said that they should have willingly towed it to the nearest nissan dealership, and that's what got me frustrated. This is pretty standard stuff, Nissans get towed to nissand all the time, and people call nissan roadside assistance to have have their nissan towed, there should be a pretty standard company line on this.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey it says in my 2006 owners manual it covers towing to the nearest dealership.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by Q45tech
Have you been stopping by dealership every 90 days for oil changes so the dealers can find problems to charge Nissan for under warranty? Preemptive care?

Yes. Why am I feeling like I am getting attacked because my Z broke down here? Geez.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. Why am I feeling like I am getting attacked because my Z broke down here? Geez.
It really blows that Nissan didn't tow you. I smell reinbursment.

Too bad peeps here need to flame a man trying to help himself.See first post for this gem of a quote:
We spent about 3 hours trying to find the passengar compartment fuse box, as it exists according to the manual

Good luck with finding the problem!!

Quick Reply: My 2006 broke down on 1/1