Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Heating Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:44 PM
pdjafari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating Issue

Hey guys,

I posted over on g35driver.com but didnt get any good info. I decided to post here since I know alot of you like to mod and have more mechanical issues. Ever since swapping out my hoses to Samco hoses about 2 years ago I have had issues w/ the heat in my 2004 G35 Coupe. After swapping hoses, I bled the system pretty good and heat was fine. However, a few months later I noticed that AT IDLE my heat was warm...not HOT. So I read some posts that the VQ is really stubborn for bleeding. I also found THIS POST

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....eating+problem

I would assume since everybody says its 'air' that the dealer would be able to get rid of this air bubble after 3 sessions of bleeding!!! WTF?!?! So is it possible that it could be something else?!?!

I took it to the 'experts' at the dealership and they charged me about $90 since I had changed hoses (cars still under warranty). Anyways, things were great for that season. Again this year noticed the heat was not HOT...but warm. Now when I accelerate or place my foot on the gas pedal, the heat goes from WARM to HOT!! Obviously when the car has been left over night the heat wont be HOT immediately. However, even after driving for 30 min. to 3 hours...when I stop at a red light the heat sloowly turns warm from HOT. And the only way to get it hot is to accelerate or REV the engine. I have been to the dealer 3x and they have bled it using a 'tail stand' method. After a few weeks it started turning Warm again. Finally today they swapped out the thermostat. However, driving home from the dealer...it AGAIN turned WARM at a red light (Idle). Hoewver when I accelerate it heats up fine. THey are getting frustrated saying my samco hoses are wreaking havoc

What should I do and what could be causing this?? Heater core?!? I searched but cannot find anything on this issue on here nor g35driver.

Please help guys!!! I am desperate!!

Last edited by pdjafari; 01-17-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Without know what you went through to bleed the system, I'd suggest reviewing the instructions on the Samco hose swap and bleed from this site:

http://crackaddict.com/~flynn/howtos...amco.howto.htm

If it looks like you've followed that or something similar, then you can probably rule out that it still has air bubbles.

You can always try putting the stock hoses back on and see if the problem goes away. Short of one collapsing I don't have any other idea why it would not work.

There have been a couple of posts, especially in the FI section on a similar problem - car overheating plus the no hot air at idle problem. Did you find them?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
pdjafari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw some of those, but my car never overheats. the temp. gauge is normal. I just came back from a bled method sharif had suggested in another thread. i dunno if im just being **** or not. When the cars moving 2k RPM+ the heat is to the point where I cant even place my hand near the vent. However at idle, the heat is there still...just not AS hot...not sure if this is normal or if i have a problem. Hope I am not just being ****...