Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

need to know mods for 07 350z

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:02 AM
finalfantasy316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know mods for 07 350z

are there any mods out yet and what mods on earlier models will fit on the 07. like will all of the true dual exhaust fit the 07 (hks) and stuff like that. will all of the twin turbo kits like the greddy tt and all of that fit. and please dont tell me about the search button i know about it. but nobody has just come out with any blunt answers its always i think so or i dont know and stuff like that. cause ever since i got this 07 i have been wanting to at least put an exhaust on it. and if any of the twin turbo kits fit then i would also buy that like right now to. i am brand new to the 350z i just upgraded from a 2002 celica gts that i had macked out. and i was having trouble deciding on which car to buy EVO,STI or the 350. well i was just thinking since this is a V6 it has more potential. i really want to start buying so could you guys please help me out here with like a list or something anything. thank you.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First off, learn to type. I read half of your rant and got a headache. Second, nobody knows yet. Obviously FI kits wont work as HR's have dual TB's, with some piping changes Im sure some TT kits could be modified to work well. Not sure on the exhaust or not, nobody really knows yet.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:41 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 to what Alberto said....

But I've read somewhere that the exhausts would work.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 AM
THE TECH

You know about the search button yet don't use it.

I have to agree with Alberto.

Also, please don't "mack out" the Z.
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
finalfantasy316

well i didn't mean to say mack out but i do want to put the veilside version 3 kit on it and twin turbo it. thats the whole reason behind me getting this car. i dont like the evo and sti because there just a 4 door sedan with a turbo and there boxy and ugly. its just i had intensions to put a little money into this car right off the bat and it just sucks cause i cant do that right now ya know. and yes i did hear somewhere that the exhaust would fit on the 2007 i basically just wanted comfirmation before i decided to drop 1400 dollars on an hks you know what im sayin. and like i said before i did try the search button and i wasnt finding much, i wasnt trying to sound like a smart *** or anything but i could find any solid answers it was just beating around the bush will a whole bunch i dont knows and i heard this and i heard that. but i guess there arent any solid answers out there yet. and i do apoligize for using (macked out) lol. i just have to remember im not driving a ricer anymore. lol.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Willie

Originally Posted by finalfantasy316
well i didn't mean to say mack out but i do want to put the veilside version 3 kit on it and twin turbo it. thats the whole reason behind me getting this car. i dont like the evo and sti because there just a 4 door sedan with a turbo and there boxy and ugly. its just i had intensions to put a little money into this car right off the bat and it just sucks cause i cant do that right now ya know. and yes i did hear somewhere that the exhaust would fit on the 2007 i basically just wanted comfirmation before i decided to drop 1400 dollars on an hks you know what im sayin. and like i said before i did try the search button and i wasnt finding much, i wasnt trying to sound like a smart *** or anything but i could find any solid answers it was just beating around the bush will a whole bunch i dont knows and i heard this and i heard that. but i guess there arent any solid answers out there yet. and i do apoligize for using (macked out) lol. i just have to remember im not driving a ricer anymore. lol.
Give HKS a ring and they might have your answer.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:01 AM
bghoward

I would definitely go for the dual pop-chargers, that would be freak'n awesome. I'm not sure if the diameter of the intake(s) are the same though.

However, I would stay away from modifying the exhaust. I doubt with the new HR engine you would see any improvements, and you would likely see a loss in power. Remember when the Z first came out none of the exhausts really added any power, it took awhile for someone to design one better than the stock exhaust. Now that nissan has improved the exhaust (probably based on what the aftermarket was doing) they picked from the best designs and you won't do any better.

Of course ignore all that if you want a louder car and don't really care if you lose a little power.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
sam30540

Can you say 30 day wait before posting stupid questions.....
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Actually, it's not a completely stupid question. What bothers me, though, is no attempt whatsoever at capitalization, proper punctuation, and use of paragraphs.

It's not so much a grammar **** thing, but at the minimum, if nothing else, breaking a long series of sentences into paragraphs really helps readability, and makes it more likely that others will bother to read and answer questions.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:45 AM
sam30540

What gets me is that he gets pissed off when people flame him about it. How many people do you think have actually modded an 07? Not many... How do you expect for people to give you a definate answer??? I could if you want, but you probably wouldn't like the results when you put the stuff on your car. Anything will work, but you might have to modify it to work.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 PM
finalfantasy316

Well I didn't know i was being graded. And no I don't think it is a stupid question. Yes I am a newbie but i just figured you guys would know thats all. I wasn't expecting a beat down like that im sorry i asked. i just thought that was part of a forum and i did search and couldn't find to much. I'm just really excited to be a part of the 350 club and I just wanted to get started right away. Ever since the 350Z came out I have been dreaming of getting one and getting a twin turbo kit for it.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:36 PM
blasian

The car has a new motor in it, give it some time for companies to release mods for it.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:38 PM
singh

Originally Posted by finalfantasy316
...Ever since the 350Z came out I have been dreaming of getting one and getting a twin turbo kit for it.
Why are you still dreaming of getting one, I thought you bought an 07?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:42 PM
bghoward

I think that people are a little harsh on this forum about things sometimes. We should be more helpful, after all this is a forum, it's about getting answers to things you couldn't find in other places.

with that said, finalfantasy316, the truth is you're in uncharted territory. You have practically a different engine than any of the previous year z's.

The good, the VQHR motor is still a better motor than a 03-06 with full bolt-on's.

The bad, considering that there is probably only one more model year with this generation Z, it's unlikely that there will ever be enough interest in aftermarket tailored to the VQHR to really see anything great. However, you can take solace in that there will be some bleed over from the g35 sedan.