Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nissan Tech Line?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:39 AM
deprived...Not

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Tech Line?

Is there a Nissan tech phone number that I can call? The local dealer doesn't know or care - he's got my money.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Bevo

you can take a look at your warranty booklet or go to nissanusa.com
Old 03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
deprived...Not

Thanks. I've been really hustling around trying to get answers. The longer you have a problem the less likely a dealer is to fix it.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:01 AM
deprived...Not

I called the number in my warranty book, and they said they don't have a tech line. If you have a question like which muffler will fit a certain year model, they can find out for you. I'm just trying to find a knowledgeable local source who can answer questions. With the dealer, it's adversarial. He is afraid I'll have a warranty claim or want him to do something. This forum might be the next best thing.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Q45tech

Why would any dealer be afraid of a warranty claim over 64% of its revenue comes from Nissan paying for warranty and prep work on new cars.

The dealer loves warranty work, without it he would be out of business.

They love it so much they often cheat Nissan and do extra things beyond good sense for the customer. Anything they can get away with to bring in some revenue..........until Nissan catches them an puts them on double secret probation......where every bill is triple checked and audited. The next steps are even more painful.

Going to a dealer who is under punishment can be a very interesting experience...........lots of ugly colored cars.

Nothing warranty related comes from the dealer pocket other than some part of those first 30-90 day adjustments on cars they sold.

Now the techs HATE warranty because they get fewer hours from Nissan than from customer paid work..........Nissan in effect gets a volume discount.

Technican are punished by giving them warranty work which reduces their take home pay and the wife punishes them.

Important to learn exactly how dealerships work............so important that everyone should add a bit of parttime car sales work to their repatoire.

Last edited by Q45tech; 03-30-2007 at 10:31 AM.