Very hard cultch !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
nightcrawler_8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very hard cultch !!

hi there ..
i have 2004 6MT .

it have 43K on the clock . when i first bought it i thought the clutch of the Z is stiff and its normal thing (cause i searched in this section and many ppl said the Z clutch is stiff and a but hard) but other freinds more than one with same model Z drove my car and told me that my clutch is sooooooo hard and stiff.... what would be the cause.

what would cause that . and is there a normal thing. and what would be the fix..

thanks in advance

Last edited by nightcrawler_8; 04-10-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Z CRUZN

Being used to stiff clutches in the past, I never realized how stiff my OEM clutch was until I switched out to the JWT clutch (& flywheel) at 13k miles. Complete different feel.... Most stock-clutch Z's I've driven (20-25) have a pretty stiff clutch (relative to the feel of a JWT) - does vary slightly from Z to Z.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If your clutch still grabs all the gears when you floor it, it's fine.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, In 2004 there was not a Grand Touring model in the Z lineup in the states. Did they call it something else over there in the UAE?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
nightcrawler_8

Originally Posted by Z CRUZN
Being used to stiff clutches in the past, I never realized how stiff my OEM clutch was until I switched out to the JWT clutch (& flywheel) at 13k miles. Complete different feel.... Most stock-clutch Z's I've driven (20-25) have a pretty stiff clutch - does vary slightly from Z to Z.

i tired the JWT one in my buddy TT z and it feeels sooo smooth .. i liked it..

but mine is soooooo stiff and hard.. what would u guys recomend to change .. i am not planing to go any after market.

so what do you think the problem is : clutch plate ot the fly wheel ??
cause also i have the ratel sound from the engine when switch off the car with the clutch released. but when the switch off the car with my leg on the clutch it doesnt make any sound..

any help wiould be much appreciated
Old 04-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Dubai

get JWT clutch and flywheel and call it a day...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:48 AM
nightcrawler_8

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
FYI, In 2004 there was not a Grand Touring model in the Z lineup. You might want to change your sig. and story on what type of Z you have.
maybe u right .. well i dont knwo exactly. cause am in dubai and we have only one Z not trims. it have all the specs. so some ppl think its the same as the touring and others think its track.. so am not sure .

thanks anyways.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:50 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by nightcrawler_8
maybe u right .. well i dont knwo exactly. cause am in dubai and we have only one Z not trims. it have all the specs. so some ppl think its the same as the touring and others think its track.. so am not sure .

thanks anyways.

I'm just curious because I know the Canadian's Z line is a bit different than ours. Just wondering if you guys got the GT before we did. Back to your problem, the Z clutch should not be hard. Were you the original owner?

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 04-10-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Dubai

FYI, In 2004 there was not a Grand Touring model in the Z lineup in the states. Did they call it something else over there in the UAE?
actually all Z's we get here are track model. my buddy is a lil confused.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
nightcrawler_8

I'm just curious because I know the Canadian's Z line is a bit different than ours. Just wondering if you guys got the GT before we did.
am sure not cause we always get things late .. the 2007 shape is still the same as the 2006 .. but in the us it has changed..

we always get things late by one yr
Old 04-10-2007, 11:55 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

How does the clutch engage? Does it give you any travel room before it fully grabs? The point I am getting at is if you weren't the original owner and if other Z owners agree with you that it's very stiff then you might have an aftermarket clutch in there. If that's not the case then we need to look at something else.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:56 AM
nightcrawler_8

it works fine ... but tooo stiff.. member dubai tried it and it was soooo stiff and hard.

the engage point is high which is normal in the Z's as i searched.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
nightcrawler_8

How does the clutch engage? Does it give you any travel room before it fully grabs? The point I am getting at is if you weren't the original owner and if other Z owners agree with you that it's very stiff then you might have an aftermarket clutch in there. If that's not the case then we need to look at something else.

well yes am not the first owner and the guy said that he didnt toutch the clutch .. what i wanted to know is .. where the stiff thing comes from .. does the fly wheel is responsible for how hard the clutch pedal is or the pressure plate or what exactly ..

sorry if i am not soo good in discribing. am just confused
Old 04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Well if there is an aftermarket clutch then that's your problem. If the clutch has been replaced even with an OEM you could still get stiffness. Your clutch is adjustable to compensate for excessive play in the clutch linkage. If the clutch was improperly adjusted then symptoms of an improperly adjusted clutch or problems with the clutch linkage may include a stiff clutch pedal, clutch slippage, premature wear of the throw-out bearing, gear clash when shifting, or a clutch that won't release.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
nightcrawler_8

thanks JDMFairladyZ33 ... i was planing to change the whole thing with new OEM parts .. fly wheel . clutch disc , and bearing.... so i wanted your advices before i do that .

one more question .. what do you think of the JWT clutch with the OEM flywheel ... would that make the clutch any smoother..

sorry for asking too much :P :P
Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by nightcrawler_8
thanks JDMFairladyZ33 ... i was planing to change the whole thing with new OEM parts .. fly wheel . clutch disc , and bearing.... so i wanted your advices before i do that .

one more question .. what do you think of the JWT clutch with the OEM flywheel ... would that make the clutch any smoother..

sorry for asking too much :P :P

I got the JWT clutch and flywheel (30lbs -> 14) and the pedal is much softer, engagement is lower, at the car does respond smoother. If you don't want to go with a lighter flywheel and you want the car to respond closer to stock then you might want to try a Nismo flywheel instead of the OEM with a JWT clutch since the dealer is going to charge you anyways. You may not have to change the flywheel at all depending on what it looks like coming out. My reasoning is since you are going to drop the transmission you might as well replace everything you are planning to at the same time to save youself a second install down the road. With the JWT clutch by itself you should still get the softer pedal.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

I would get the clutch checked out first by Nissan and see if there is any problems with it and to determine if it's really still stock. If the adjustment can solve your problem then that might save you some money since you sound like you are not into the performance moding aspect of your car like your friend Duabi.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 PM
nightcrawler_8

thanks tons.. you've been more than helpfull .. enough questions for today i wont be soo rude:P
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
nightcrawler_8

I would get the clutch checked out first by Nissan and see if there is any problems with it and to determine if it's really still stock. If the adjustment can solve your problem then that might save you some money since you sound like you are not into the performance moding aspect of your car like your friend Duabi.
yeah am not soo in modding..

why should i .. i can take dubai car any day :P right dubai ?? :P

why sh ould we have two modded Z's if we have one already .. :P
Old 04-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Dubai

you sound like you are not into the performance moding aspect of your car like your friend Duabi.

dont worry about him. give it some time and you'll see him going nuts with the mods. its a matter of time like all of us when we first bought the car!

Quick Reply: Very hard cultch !!