Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Another VRT and MR. A thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:14 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I can picture it: MrA and Navy are in a dimly lit, smoky room surrounded by skeezy lawyers right now, discussing shady legal defense tactics and getting their stories straight.

hopefully they get their stories to match this time
Old 07-03-2007, 01:39 PM
fklentz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can picture it: MrA and Navy are in a dimly lit, smoky room surrounded by skeezy lawyers right now, discussing shady legal defense tactics and getting their stories straight.
Listen folks, I'm not navygolf or whatever, YES I had some problems with my VRT engine swap, I did expect some issues. EVERYTHING has been rectified to my satisfaction.

If anybody has had work done by VRT and there are problems, well that is ok to post about if it relates to the issue.

The above quoted post is nothing more than an insult, if the issue in this thread is about me, tunerz33 and VRT let's just please leave it about the issues, DON'T INVOLVE ME IN ANY CHILDISH INSULTS.

If you don't like VRT'S quality, fine don't take your car there, take it somewhere else. Enough is enough with the insults.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
IIQuickSilverII

i never assumed u were navygolf btw.... and yes that would be an insult =]
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Glad they are taking responsibility in the matter. Enjoy the car!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fklentz
Listen folks, I'm not navygolf or whatever, YES I had some problems with my VRT engine swap, I did expect some issues. EVERYTHING has been rectified to my satisfaction.

If anybody has had work done by VRT and there are problems, well that is ok to post about if it relates to the issue.

The above quoted post is nothing more than an insult, if the issue in this thread is about me, tunerz33 and VRT let's just please leave it about the issues, DON'T INVOLVE ME IN ANY CHILDISH INSULTS.

If you don't like VRT'S quality, fine don't take your car there, take it somewhere else. Enough is enough with the insults.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

No one said you were navygolf...

I highly doubt anyone with a clue will be going near VRT anymore.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM
THE ROADSTER

Hi fklentz, I am glad VRT takes care of the problems for you the way it should be.....because of all the negative publicity with them lately, they don't need another unsatified customer.....He promised me the reimburstment for the last 10 days and had not seen a dime yet.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by gsazabi
+1
GTM for all your F/I and engine build needs
+2 GTM FTMFW!!

VRT
Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no respect for VRT nor for anyone who blindly sticks up for them (not saying you are in this case). I could care less if I insult anyone from VRT at this point.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM
fklentz

I have no respect for VRT nor for anyone who blindly sticks up for them (not saying you are in this case). I could care less if I insult anyone from VRT at this point.
Did VRT do your JWT install? I'm thinking on getting a dyno done just for comparison to other cars, I'm running 10.5 lbs boost and it's pulling really strong, with TCS off it brakes traction in 1st and 2nd easily running 285 nitto nt555's.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:47 PM
socal_g_sedan

do a tune please...doesnt sound like VRT gave you a dyno sheet, even if they did, i wouldnt be quick to believe it.....I would really hate to see you in a "i heard weird noises in my engine bay and my car wont run" thread....congrats on the new power
Old 07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

this is a sad sad thing
Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
CAVZ33

I just can't believe people are still backing up VRT. No offense too fklentz but come on you have to see that they are not a good shop they did a bad job with your Z. This was supposed to be the Mighty VRT there is no excuse they have screwed too many times. I don't appreciate them saying that I sold a faulty part when it was their fault.

Last edited by CAVZ33; 07-03-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 PM
fklentz

Not to defend them, from my experience I think I expected too much from them. The plan was to go from a stock 287 hp n/a motor to a built jwt install in 5 days, this includied the putting my motor back into the FX35 all in 5 days. This is my opinion only, a job like this should not be a rushed job AND the mechanic doing the job should only be concentrating the one install, not jumping around on various jobs.

Along with that I was making changes to the origal plan.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
fklentz

Agreed. From my expereirience, for anyone concidering having a shop do a major mod to their car, go to more than one shop and talk to them in person. Look at their shop bay, look at the jobs in progress, talk to their tech's. Also, DON'T make your decision based on cost alone. I truly do believe you can tell about the quality of the final product by what you'll see in their shop, paying a little more up front may save you MONEY and GRIEF later.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
nooooorb

Does anyone have any updates on the pending legal actions by/against VRT? I'm certainly curious...
Old 07-13-2007, 06:07 AM
IIQuickSilverII

For NEWS!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
fklentz

I can update my part. I finally got everything on my car working almost perfect, I say almost because the AEM tru boost is not as good as they say it is but it works. VRT did pay me for the damaged differential, the car has not been on a dyno but the fact that the AFR looks good, no signs of knock whatsoever and at 11 PSI it will absolutely blister the NT555 285's in second gear at will. Normal driving I leave the tru boost off and just run on the springs, even then my SLIP indicator lights up if not careful.

All things being equal I'm very happy with the end result, yet it was very frustrating having the work done while reading all the bashing being done. As far as recomending others to take cars to VRT, well my best recomendation would be to actually go to as many shops as you need until you feel comfortable with them, look at the shop work bay area, look at some of the cars being worked on. Talk to the mechanics, do whatever you need to do until you feel absolutly comfortable with them.

My main requirement for my car was that I need dependability as it is a daily driver for a 70 mile commute each way. I think I'm back feeling comfortable driving it again so life is good again.

Quick Reply: Another VRT and MR. A thread