Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Another VRT and MR. A thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since no one here has said it but is thinking it I might as well...
VRT can go **** themselves.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:39 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

hahahaha yah... i am still waiting to hear what happened re mr -a this part weekend
Old 07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
g-X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nooooorb
Does anyone have any updates on the pending legal actions by/against VRT? I'm certainly curious...
According to a BAR rep it usually takes couple yrs to get stuff together before they take them to court. From what he said theyre are numerous cases theyre workin on concernin VRT.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Hexxum001

I personally know of one such case myself. I wish I could say more but I promised this person that I wouldn't say anything. I'm sure eventually things will start to come out. I am proud to say that I personally advised this guy of these threads on my350z.com and everything going around involving VRT. He subsequently took action to see if he to got screwed over. Let's just say that he paid top dollar for new parts and he definitely did NOT get what he paid for.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So this was not just a few isolated incidences it was a continuous M.O.?
Wow...

Is the shop still open?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Hexxum001

Wow. It's even worse than originally thought. I just got a call from the person that I mentioned above. He is beyond upset at this point. All told he paid over $20,000 for what he thought was a monster track/strip/street car. This was to include a fully built long block (heads and block), full suspension setup and a brand new JWT TT kit fully tuned by VRT. Supposedly his car was pulling approx. 550whp . . . . He just found out that his car isn't even hitting the 400whp mark. He paid for cams (JWT cams I believe) which weren't installed. The stock cams are still in the car. The supposed new JWT TT kit that was installed on his car wasn't new at all. The turbos were very used. The supposed full coilover VRT suspension that was supposedly installed on his car, was never installed. Most of the stock suspension is still there. Shoddy (sp?) work and leaks are being found all over the car. Needless to say, he is fuming. The car is still being torn down so there may be more bad news for him unfortunately. I wish I could be a bit more specific but he is in the process of taking legal action right now and wants to keep it on the dl for now. Hopefully I can convince him to tell the full story soon. The more people that hear about how shady VRT is and about their unlawful business practices, the better.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
wesismyhero

I"m confused. Is VRT the same as....

http://www.svrtechnologies.com/1.html
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by wesismyhero
I"m confused. Is VRT the same as....

http://www.svrtechnologies.com/1.html

NNNNOOOOOOOOO i have already had a few pm's about this. i have thought about posting up a thread to make sure all the newer members (within the last year or so) DO NOT mistake SVRTech with VRT. i try very hard to make sure everyone is happy! i am in portland oregon, VRT is in san diego. me and VRT were occasionally getting eachothers phone calls due to the names being similar. i was really hoping all the negative biz practices would not get confused with the names also.
i have held off saying anything in the VRT threads, but all i can say is i am surprised to see what has been happening. let justice be served. it really is inexcuseable.

scott

btw, since i cannot view the entire forum all the time, if anyone sees a mix up with me and vrt, please pm me so i can take care of it. thanks, much appreciated.

Last edited by overZealous1; 07-17-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
btw, since i cannot view the entire forum all the time, if anyone sees a mix up with me and vrt, please pm me so i can take care of it. thanks, much appreciated.
I got your back.

As soon as I saw that question above I was about to jump on it (with even more emphasis than you did), but saw you already answered it.

+1 to starting a thread on the differences.
I also suggest putting a short description of this in your sig.
And in the sig, be sure to put a link to the associated thread with a complete description of the differences. At least this way you will have a hundred more times the impact.

You do not want to get your acronym mixed up with theirs.
...Unless you are ready to retire.

SVRT VRT!!!

Last edited by Hydrazine; 07-18-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
overZealous1

thanks!! will put up a post.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:33 PM
wesismyhero

Default thanks guys

Thanks for clearing that up. I have talked to the SVRT guys a couple of time in emails and I am getting ready to order their motor mounts. I was getting a little worried. Now that I think of it, I remeber reading about VRT in a copy of Modified a year or so ago.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
tig488

hopefully people that can read, read it as SVR-Technologies, and not

S-VRT-echnologies,

LOL!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:51 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by tig488
hopefully people that can read, read it as SVR-Technologies, and not

S-VRT-echnologies,

LOL!

the SVR is my initials, so maybe if i come up with a catchy saying like, Special Vermin Racer, or Speedy Vehicular Roadjammer, it may sink in and the confusion will be over, lol.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 AM
trinityracing

Ewww... good luck..
Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 AM
g-X

Originally Posted by overZealous1
the SVR is my initials, so maybe if i come up with a catchy saying like, Special Vermin Racer, or Speedy Vehicular Roadjammer, it may sink in and the confusion will be over, lol.

good tp see a shop in PDX
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 AM
wesismyhero

Just noticed there is a silver z on the opening page rocking a huge VRT sticker.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Wow. It's even worse than originally thought. I just got a call from the person that I mentioned above. He is beyond upset at this point. All told he paid over $20,000 for what he thought was a monster track/strip/street car. This was to include a fully built long block (heads and block), full suspension setup and a brand new JWT TT kit fully tuned by VRT. Supposedly his car was pulling approx. 550whp . . . . He just found out that his car isn't even hitting the 400whp mark. He paid for cams (JWT cams I believe) which weren't installed. The stock cams are still in the car. The supposed new JWT TT kit that was installed on his car wasn't new at all. The turbos were very used. The supposed full coilover VRT suspension that was supposedly installed on his car, was never installed. Most of the stock suspension is still there. Shoddy (sp?) work and leaks are being found all over the car. Needless to say, he is fuming. The car is still being torn down so there may be more bad news for him unfortunately. I wish I could be a bit more specific but he is in the process of taking legal action right now and wants to keep it on the dl for now. Hopefully I can convince him to tell the full story soon. The more people that hear about how shady VRT is and about their unlawful business practices, the better.
So sad.......
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

for updates
Old 07-25-2007, 12:03 PM
g-X

Anybody been around the shop lately? Heard it was pretty empty...hopefuly they havent skipped town

Quick Reply: Another VRT and MR. A thread