Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

The Nissian Fight

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
nismohater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Nissian Fight

There is a new forum being started, it is only for issues relating to customer relations with Nissan due to recalls/bulletins for all models of Nissans. It will also have contact information to obtain help to get issues resolved. Stop by and check it out if you have had a problem.

Thanks

http://www.thenissanfight.com

Last edited by nismohater; 07-31-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. That sucks dude...but no Altima owners here.

I remember reading about that online some time ago. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:04 PM
nismohater

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Wow. That sucks dude...but no Altima owners here.

I remember reading about that online some time ago. Good luck.
It is not only the Altima's, but the Z's are also having the same problem as well as about every other car Nissan made since 02.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ur username made my laugh
Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Good luck .........
Old 07-27-2007, 07:27 PM
350Zenophile

I've been reading this forum for over three years and never read a reported issue of a catalytic converter failure.

Most of the people on here replace them with cat-delete pipes or aftermarket hi-flows though so maybe that's why.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:30 PM
nismohater

but still have oil consumption!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm curious, what injury have you (and your class) suffered that would justify a class action? You do realize that all cars have problems, some severe enough to warrent recalls. I can't say I've ever heard of a successful class action against a car manufacturer for something that wasn't safety related. IOW, unless a few people get killed, maimed or injured, you're going to have a hard time building much of a case.

Maybe you need to hookup with this guy since he seems to be the only other person interested in sueing Nissan: https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/289464-nissan-paint-class-action.html
Old 07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Yeah the only class action suit in recent years that amounted to anything was the Firestone ATX tire issue on Ford Explorers. Many people died before they built anything substantial against the two companies.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by nismohater
It is not only the Altima's, but the Z's are also having the same problem as well as about every other car Nissan made since 02.
Not according to the recall notice. It's for 2.5L engines on the Altima and Sentra. Doesn't mention any other cars or engines.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I'm curious, what injury have you (and your class) suffered that would justify a class action? You do realize that all cars have problems, some severe enough to warrent recalls. I can't say I've ever heard of a successful class action against a car manufacturer for something that wasn't safety related. IOW, unless a few people get killed, maimed or injured, you're going to have a hard time building much of a case.

Maybe you need to hookup with this guy since he seems to be the only other person interested in sueing Nissan: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289464
Doesn't have to be just safety related. Mazda owners won a settlement for oil sludging problems not too long ago.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:52 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nismoh, I totally feel your pain and understand why the site. Sooo understand!! Don't give up!!! I haven't & won't & it's been a year and a half and a 3 year old car, I can't drive. Don't start me as to why. Massive sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on keeping on!!!!! No one else will understand unless they have been through or are going though.

Keep burning customers who have spent very subtantial money with your company, and customers will think twice. Without customers you have no company!!!

The customer is king or queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
ur username made my laugh
I had to re-read... I thought it said Troll.. made me laugh too...

I've always wondered about the psyche of the people that start threads like: What do you hate about your G or Z... and Lets ***** over Nissan so no one can ever buy their cars again...

H-E-L-L-phucking-O... we are here because we dig our cars... retards.

jonny... it doesnt look good that your little smiley-laughy is pointing at your name when my post says what it does... lunch and our (So Cal) sh!tty track are still on me when you come out here!

Last edited by OCG35; 07-28-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 AM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GG_VQ
I had to re-read... I thought it said Troll.. made me laugh too...

I've always wondered about the psyche of the people that start threads like: What do you hate about your G or Z... and Lets ***** over Nissan so no one can ever buy their cars again...

H-E-L-L-phucking-O... we are here because we dig our cars... retards.

jonny... it doesnt look good that your little smiley-laughy is pointing at your name when my post says what it does... lunch and our (So Cal) sh!tty track are still on me when you come out here!
LOL. I jus noticed the smiley thing too. Thx for the kind offer bro. Yet another good reason to take a trip out to sunny socal! I'll let u kno when when I'm out there fersure.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:06 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Doesn't have to be just safety related. Mazda owners won a settlement for oil sludging problems not too long ago.
I didn't mean to imply that there no way a non-safety related issue would succeed. I've actually been included in on two class action suits over the years for car related problems. On one, I got a coupon for $100 in case I wanted to have the car repaired. On the other, I got a $500 coupon that I would use to fix or as payment toward a new car. The problem is that both cars are long gone and the repairs/remedy would have cost me 5X more. The lawyers on the other hand made millions in fees.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 AM
350Zenophile

Originally Posted by nismohater
but still have oil consumption!
On the 2006, yes. That's true. My understanding though is that a class action lawsuit is typically specific to a recurring issue on one model or in this case one engine shared by two platforms but your attorney will be the judge of that.

I'm with DavesZ#3 though in that Class Actions are not in your best interest. They are only profitable for the attorneys. The two Class Action Lawsuits I've ever been a part of always take forever and even if you qualify, the payout is ridiculously small. Odds are you'd get the shaft because of your high, 110,000 mileage. IMO, you will spend less time and energy with a potentially larger return if you focus on your own case.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:58 AM
KPierson
Banned

Don't forget that Honda recently settled a class action suit for odometer fraud.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:00 AM
fast kiwi

wow.. hate much?? lol.. but really.. this is a HUGE ordeal...for what will no doubt be a lawyers win win situation... better off doing it on a much more personel level.. but looks like your pretty determind..so good luck.. i will lurk for sure..
Old 07-28-2007, 07:01 AM
fast kiwi

Originally Posted by KPierson
Don't forget that Honda recently settled a class action suit for odometer fraud.

Yeah that was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:40 AM
fklentz

I actually was in a class action law suit against Nissan North America. It was about the way leases were made, not the vehicles. It was for a 97 Hard body 4X4 that I did an early turn in on. I got a letter from the court about the case, filled in the forms and waited 2 1/2 years for a check that totaled .23 cents.

The only people who benefit from class action law suits are the attorneys.

Quick Reply: The Nissian Fight