Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:46 AM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update? Straight BS.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Midnyte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sux. I wish you the best. Keep everyone here on the forum posted. I know that when I was in the market for a local tuner, I checked the forums first to make sure I found a reputable one. Every experience counts. Thx for the updates.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 PM
znasty

Cool Quick Update

The car finaly got put on the dyno today, 8-21-2007. No word on how it did yet.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by znasty
The car finaly got put on the dyno today, 8-21-2007. No word on how it did yet.
post later today on how it did
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM
znasty

Skyler called today, they are still tuning it in. He said it is pretty close.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:04 PM
znasty

Default For Sale!!!

BTW the car is still FOR SALE! This whole experience has just exhausted me financially and time wise. I just need to sell the car. I have some investment opportunities in front of me right now that I can not pursue because all my money is tied up in the car. I am asking $27,000 O.B.O. Anyone interested?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:18 PM
znasty

Do not have WHP #'s yet.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
znasty

Default Update

Car is done being re-tuned. They say it is running good. They want to drive it for a couple of days to make sure. I should get it back Saturday or Monday.

BTW pyramids are illegal. This is not a pyramid. We are a publicly traded stock, (YTBL.PKA) Governed by the SEC. We just split three for one week before last.

No matter how it works I can prove and show you that it works. I am averaging over $1000 a week and my best friend just retired his wife from work using this business model. When is the last time someone said they tried that vacation thing and it just wasn't for them! People are going to take vacations and travel with or without you!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Car is done being re-tuned. They say it is running good. They want to drive it for a couple of days to make sure. I should get it back Saturday or Monday.

BTW pyramids are illegal. This is not a pyramid. We are a publicly traded stock, (YTBL.PKA) Governed by the SEC. We just split three for one week before last.

No matter how it works I can prove and show you that it works. I am averaging over $1000 a week and my best friend just retired his wife from work using this business model. When is the last time someone said they tried that vacation thing and it just wasn't for them! People are going to take vacations and travel with or without you!

Ok, I know you asked them #'s.. ???????? wussup..
Old 08-24-2007, 11:47 AM
jdifolco

Mlm? its all the same public company or not.Good luck you either got it or you dont to make money

Last edited by jdifolco; 08-24-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
znasty

Default Whp

Skyler said it is producing a solid 340 WHP.

Going to pick it up tomorrow!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Skyler said it is producing a solid 340 WHP.

Going to pick it up tomorrow!!!
@ what psi?? btw what type of dyno is it?? thanks..
Old 08-27-2007, 10:45 AM
znasty

Default Update! Update!

Picked the car up Saturday. It is sweet! I know this was a lot of hassle to go through and the car should have been right the first time but I have to give it to Z1, They stepped up and took care of business.

They fixed everything! The re-tune is awesome. It runs so good it feels like it is stock. I am very pleased with the work they did this time. I wish it would have been this way the first time. It runs so good! I hate to sell it now.

Z1 Motorsports did stepped up and take care of the problems.

It was a hassle, but worth it in the end.

Thanks for you all yalls support!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
VIZAGE

No matter what they did, it won't matter. There crap. Even meet someone Saturday that had hard problems with them. The count never seems to end.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
russell@z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VIZAGE
No matter what they did, it won't matter. There crap. Even meet someone Saturday that had hard problems with them. The count never seems to end.
I'm not sure who you are, but you are way off base with your comments. I don't think you have any first hand experience with Z1 Motorsports, so how about letting our customers speak for themselves.

I'm not on these boards a lot due to a lot of other responsibilities, but we build and tune a lot of twinturbo 350zs and G35s with many satisfied customers. We usually turn out a couple APS TT cars a month.
We are currently more well known for our Z32 (300ZX) parts and services, but our 350z and G35 customer base, workload, and parts inventory continues to grow.

Z1 Motorsports didn't just pop up yesterday. If we had no idea what we were doing or did not take care of our customers there is no way we would have been able to grow from a one man operation to what we are today. We will be increasingly active here as time goes on. We are one of the largest Z specific shops in the world, and I can assure you we have people here that can tune cars, despite your inflamatory comments.

We are much more than a just a shop. In fact the shop is just one part of our operation. We have a large parts department dealing with online and phone sales, a growing Z1 Motorsports product line, a huge selction of salvaged Z's and likely the largest inventory of used Z parts anywhere, a fully equipped in-house performance machine shop, dyno, as well as a full shop with 4 techs and a service manager.

We let the workload in the shop get the best of us this spring due to some staff changes, no doubt it caused some unreasonable delays and other issues. We had nearly 100 Z's here waiting to get major work done in our shop. However, we find ways to get through growing pains improve.

We don't claim to be perfect but when we do make mistakes we take care of them.

To the OP; I am very happy to hear you are now satisfied with the Z and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

well good job at finally makings things right... but its clear that you need to revise your customer service in the future if you haven't done so yet cause the OP should not have had to post this in the first place to get the fix done at your shop. So admit that mistake, and if you have that much experience as you say, you know that it doesn't mean anything about the past if you screw someone presently, like it happened to the OP in the first place. So you part sentence "I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences" should have been in bIG bold letters
We understand everybody makes mistakes, but its about you taking care of the customers and making this right BUT not ignoring the customer in the first place and only acting once a thread like this appears.

Godd luck with all

J
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 AM
stylett9

although i am still a little skeptical, i guess it would be fair to say that since you guys are such a huge shop, you probably have ALOT of satisfied customers. But that also comes with more unsatisifed... Unhappy customers always speak louder then happy ones.... not sure if that made sense but it's suppose to be a compliment...

Mike from Anaheim
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM
DustinZ33

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
@ what psi?? btw what type of dyno is it?? thanks..
+1 what psi was this tuned? The whp seems a low.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM
russell@z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
+1 what psi was this tuned? The whp seems a low.
The boost was around 6.5 psi and remember it has an automatic trans.
Of course we could have tuned the car for more power, but we tuned for reliability on the street. That was 11.5:1 A/F ratio across the board, with a conservative timing map in which we try to take into the inconsistencies customers may run across in pump fuel.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
russell@z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
well good job at finally makings things right... but its clear that you need to revise your customer service in the future if you haven't done so yet cause the OP should not have had to post this in the first place to get the fix done at your shop. So admit that mistake, and if you have that much experience as you say, you know that it doesn't mean anything about the past if you screw someone presently, like it happened to the OP in the first place. So you part sentence "I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences" should have been in bIG bold letters
We understand everybody makes mistakes, but its about you taking care of the customers and making this right BUT not ignoring the customer in the first place and only acting once a thread like this appears.

Godd luck with all

J
Agreed, no doubt Z1 as a whole did not handle this situation properly the first go round. There was miscommunication here internally as well as between the service department and the customer. Because of other responsibilities I am unable to deal with customers having work done here at Z1 on a regular basis. We have a service manager who is in totally charge of that aspect here. This spring we had a change in service managers resulting in some confusion that caused problems. We've changed some positions around and taken steps to resolve these issues as well as pledged not to take on jobs that are very likely to be more trouble than they are worth. Installing an incomplete worn & used FI kit on a replacement used stock engine on an automatic car is the kind of job that is prone to unforseen issues and delays. Trying to get specific replacement parts and information from ATI was a problem as well as attempting to tune with what we were provided. We were first provided the Aeromotive FPC box with the slider bars that didn't work out because it turned out the injectors were upgraded. Then we were provided with a used Unichip C version from an APS car that had some sort of defect from what I remember, then finally with a used Utec (We did recommend the Utec).

The car was at the body shop for quite a long time, longer than the customer is aware of, then staff changes, a huge work load, and inherent problems with the components we were provided meant this job ended up stretched out over a long period of time. For instance the tech assigned to the job would knock out and tune an entire APS TT install just between times waiting on parts. Wheter right or wrong, the job became more of a problem than something the guys in the shop were emotionally interested in. The car was definitley here too long, we got down to the final stages and the customer was understandably in a hurry for the car back. The tuning process was unfortunatley somewhat rushed and there we came to find out there was a parameter off in the software that was the source of the problems.

We took on the job and agreed to provide the customer services we did not completely deliver on. We took too much time and dropped the ball in the final stage. We take full responsibility and we thank the customer for the opportunity to come back and allow us to take care all the issues to his satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)