Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

07 Test Pipes CEL, Non foulers don't work: FIX? (Read)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
VitViper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Test Pipes CEL, Non foulers don't work: FIX? *UPDATE P2*

And the car throws a P2A03 CEL. Without non-foulers my 07 tossed a CEL after 50 miles. With the non foulers it's about 150-200 miles. I have two nonfoulers on each secondary O2 with brillo padding. Doesn't fix it... tosses a CEL.

Now the P2A03 code is just a weird one to throw and implies a range/performance issue or an electrical problem? However the primary sensors weren't even touched... harnesses securely plugged in and sensors sitting tight in the headers. No change in car gas mileage either (very notable when primary O2 goes **** up).

So I went looking for an O2 simulator... found this:
http://www.o2simulator.com/index.php...products_id=10

Reading the documentation here: http://store.o2simulator.com/doc/o2s...ion_manual.pdf It looks like they were talking about wiring it into the signal wires right off the O2 sensor... However the Nissan specific diagram http://store.o2simulator.com/doc/Nissan.pdf shows the wiring right off the harness. Now this makes sense with what I found when I climbed under my 07.

Two harnesses that the O2 sensors plug into...

Driver's side wiring:
Red w/black: ~12.4v with ignition ON but not running (14.4v with car running)
Red w/yellow: ~.27v with ignition ON but not running (.37v with car running) <-- signal wire
Green w/ red: .00v with ignition ON but not running (.05v with car running) <-- ground
Purple w/white: ~12.4v with ignition ON but not running (14.4v with car running)

Passenger side wiring:
Red w/black: ~12.4v with ignition ON but not running (14.4v with car running)
White w/red: ~.27v with ignition ON but not running (.32v with car running) <-- signal wire
Green w/ black: .00v with ignition ON but not running (.05v with car running) <-- ground
Pink: ~12.4v with ignition ON but not running (14.4v with car running)

Now something I noted about the signal wires... first the passenger side was .05 lower reading... and the readings where constant... not fluctuating, not going between .00v and .37v. Just sitting there at a constant voltage. I was under the assumption the reading would fluctuate? Was I wrong?

In either case... It looks like I'm going to pick up this O2 simulator from the site and wire it into my harnesses. The wiring on the simulator is simple... +12v, ground and two signal wires. Wish me luck?

Last edited by VitViper; 09-06-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:55 PM
jining

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gOOD LUCK!

Last edited by jining; 09-03-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
warmmilk

good luck, i'll be copying you
Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by jining
gOOD LUCK!
Yeah I've done the pedal reset as well as unplugging the battery. So far no fooling the 07 ECU and sensors.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:11 PM
jining

Originally Posted by VitViper
Yeah I've done the pedal reset as well as unplugging the battery. So far no fooling the 07 ECU and sensors.
Yea i figured that after remember seeing your posts so I just decided to OMIT that comment
Old 09-03-2007, 05:13 PM
App6MT

Not trying to hijack your thread but does anyone know if this is an issue with the 06 sensors? Trying to figure out when this became an issue on our cars.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:17 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by App6MT
Not trying to hijack your thread but does anyone know if this is an issue with the 06 sensors? Trying to figure out when this became an issue on our cars.
I believe a lot of 06's are having the same problem.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Gooey

hmm my 06 didnt have a problem with cel light. My FI exhaust and test pipes should be going on sometime this week when they arrive in the mail. Wish me luck that the non foulerswill do the trick and this is just an isolated error.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Gooey
hmm my 06 didnt have a problem with cel light. My FI exhaust and test pipes should be going on sometime this week when they arrive in the mail. Wish me luck that the non foulerswill do the trick and this is just an isolated error.
Good luck. We've got the first two "test piped" 07's throwing the same CEL tho (Pikespeak350Z beat me to it with Kinitex tp's).
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck. We've got the first two "test piped" 07's throwing the same CEL tho (Pikespeak350Z beat me to it with Kinitex tp's).

I had this problem way before you guys, I just never posted it. lol

I had that damn CEL light come on after the non foulers were installed with my test pipes and the CEL never went away. Theres no fooling that damn ECU on the 07's.

My 06 never came on when I installed the non foulers. I'm gonna try the o2 simulator as well, damn CEL light is very annoying i've been driving around with it for months now.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I had this problem way before you guys, I just never posted it. lol

I had that damn CEL light come on after the non foulers were installed with my test pipes and the CEL never went away. Theres no fooling that damn ECU on the 07's.

My 06 never came on when I installed the non foulers. I'm gonna try the o2 simulator as well, damn CEL light is very annoying i've been driving around with it for months now.
Shoulda said something earlier, I would of started looking into potential fixes sooner lol

You're getting the same code as we are?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 PM
97supratt

Shoulda said something earlier, I would of started looking into potential fixes sooner lol

You're getting the same code as we are?
I never checked the code but it started right when I installed the tp's and it never went away. I'm no brain surgeon but 1+1=2.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I never checked the code but it started right when I installed the tp's and it never went away. I'm no brain surgeon but 1+1=2.
Probably the same one we're getting then. You should scan it out of curiosity.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Cube

What's with the brillo padding? I never heard of using this before, maybe a coating on the brillo is burning off in the hot exhaust and causing a problem?

Have you tried cleaning the O2 sensors, removing the brillo, and trying again? Just find it weird that this fix all of a sudden stopped working when a new year's model comes out... I don't know how it would see the error.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
97supratt

Probably the same one we're getting then. You should scan it out of curiosity.
Once I have some time i'll go to autozone and scan this sucker.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Cube
What's with the brillo padding? I never heard of using this before, maybe a coating on the brillo is burning off in the hot exhaust and causing a problem?

Have you tried cleaning the O2 sensors, removing the brillo, and trying again? Just find it weird that this fix all of a sudden stopped working when a new year's model comes out... I don't know how it would see the error.
It's been tried with and without brillo padding (which is just a steel wool), throws the same code.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Seb-Specialty-Z

I have had test pipes on my 07 for about 400 miles now and it hasn't thrown a code yet with the non-foulers. Wonder what's going on here.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Seb-Specialty-Z
I have had test pipes on my 07 for about 400 miles now and it hasn't thrown a code yet with the non-foulers. Wonder what's going on here.
What's your non-fouler configuration? Any stuffing between them?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:44 PM
350Zimo

do high flow cats throw a code too, i am asking because if i have to do all these things in order to deceive the f*****g ecu i might as well pay couple of hundred bucks more and get quality performance, and not headaches by the test pipes!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
do high flow cats throw a code too, i am asking because if i have to do all these things in order to deceive the f*****g ecu i might as well pay couple of hundred bucks more and get quality performance, and not headaches by the test pipes!!!!
Usually not.

Quick Reply: 07 Test Pipes CEL, Non foulers don't work: FIX? (Read)