Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

please advise. asap.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 12:56 PM
scratch137

Default please advise. asap.

Ok here's whats up. I just got my car back from an accident i was in that damaged my front driver side fender. The accident was not my fault so the other parties insurance covered it. The collision center (i took it to a nissan dealer) said no internal damage was done, just cosmetic.

The first day i have the car back, everything is fine. Then the next day in the afternoon, im leaving publix after my car had been sitting in the parking lot for an hour or so, that my oil pressure is high. really high. just at idle it was around 90psi and under acceleration the needle dips below 120psi. I had a problem similar to this before but the needle stayed at 120psi all the time even at idle. Turns out it was my oil sending unit and i got that fixed no biggy. I just need some suggestions as to what might be the cause of this because i dont think it is the OSU and i dont have the money to take it to the stealership and have then diagnose it. I checked my dip stick and my oil level is in the middle maybe alittle closer to the "L". Is it a possibility that it could be something as simple as an oil change or something? Im not due for one but idk maybe from the car sitting in a body shop for almost a month?

Any help or info you all can offer as to what is going on with my car would be a great help. Thanks in advance for all those who contribute.
Old 09-15-2007 | 09:12 AM
scratch137

UP!!! Can anyone please give me some info on this
Old 09-15-2007 | 09:31 AM
ZuperVinn

i say the best thing u can do s, call up the insurance again. Tell them there were hidden internal damage possibly causedby the accident. tell them u have not witness this kind of problem before. and ask them to fix it for u. =]
Old 09-16-2007 | 07:21 AM
scratch137

The pressure is slowly going down like yesterday it was alittle lower then the day before and so one. so im just gonna ride it out and see if it keeps going down.