Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

some help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007 | 12:04 AM
fairladyz220

Default some help...

so tired of my transmission ...
sometimes its smooth like butter ...but sometimes it grinds like crazy (1st to 2nd)....i changed the tranny/diff like 3 months ago with 2 QTs Redline GL4 MTL
2 QTs Redline GL4 MT-90 and about 2 quarts 75W90 for diff.....
it seems its smooth at first when it warm up but after a while driving (an hour or more) it becomes harder to shift and it was hot here (summer)....
is it cuz the red line cant stand the really high temperture????
has anyone compared all the tranny fluid in the market ???
im thinking to switch to Motul gear300....hows it compare with RD???
or there is some other brand makes good gear oil ???
i have 28000 on my z ...its year 04....
btw i want a new tranny but dont even want to bother to try the dealer since i know what they will say . so is there any way to let them replace my tranny for the new one ?? also with the mile i have is it still under warranty ??
i forgot about the warranty detail on the drivetrain and i dont think i extended it so with the base warranty ...am i still being cover ???
please help on the gear oil and a wa to replace for a new tranny ...
Old 09-18-2007 | 08:16 AM
VO...
Administrator

I usually don't respond to threads that lack a description of the topic of discussion, in the title, but I found this one interesting.

I too live in a warm climate, Houston Texas. I have recently replaced the fluid verbatim as described about. Here is the write-up:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....g+differential
My initial reaction to the fluid change was perhaps enthusiastic to say the most, but as time progresses I've noticed a difficulty in shifting also. It's not difficult enough to annoy me, but there have been times upon entering reverse where I have to cycle it though another gear prior to being able to shift into reverse. I've also noticed a slight reluctancy in my ability to hit a gear upon demand, exspecially at higher RPMS. I might add that it doesn't matter whether the vehicle is warm or not.

Upon my next scheduled fluid change, I'll probably try another brand.

Val