Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Carbonetics Twin Carbon Clutch Engagement problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 AM
noer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbonetics Twin Carbon Clutch Engagement problems

Hi Guys,

I had a Carbonetics Twin Carbon Clutch installed. What I noticed is that when my car gets hot the engagement point it much lower and when it's cold it is higher. Could it be my master cylinder that is problematic? I only have 14000miles on my 05 350Z. My tuner did some mod and placed a stopper below my clutch so that my clutch travel is much less. We took car for a spin and it works well.. I didnt drive it long though.. only 15km since he added the stopper. I a bit worried about the stopper cause if the engagement point is lower then I will not beable to change gears.. anyone did such a mod on their Z. Also could it be a master cylinder problem.

Regards
Old 09-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by noer
Hi Guys,

I had a Carbonetics Twin Carbon Clutch installed. What I noticed is that when my car gets hot the engagement point it much lower and when it's cold it is higher. Could it be my master cylinder that is problematic? I only have 14000miles on my 05 350Z. My tuner did some mod and placed a stopper below my clutch so that my clutch travel is much less. We took car for a spin and it works well.. I didnt drive it long though.. only 15km since he added the stopper. I a bit worried about the stopper cause if the engagement point is lower then I will not beable to change gears.. anyone did such a mod on their Z. Also could it be a master cylinder problem.

Regards
never heard of such a mod. I have the ats twin and my engagement point is on the upper half of the pedal swing. I haven't experienced any change in engagement point
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 AM
wstwd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeap i had same problem too.

we have changed master cylinder and slave cylinder
there is a repair kit for them and its costs only 25-30 usd .

and buy steel clutch line .
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like the fluid is getting hot. If you aren't already, try using a braided stainless clutch line with heatwrap to keep heat out. Also, I would be curious about the clutch mod that was done.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also make sure someone is bleeding it with a vacuum bleeder and the traditional way, sometimes air will just get trapped in there. they are a pain to bleed sometimes