Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 AM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer for Noah, they are bride Zeta 3's.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bump for MOR PICSURES!

I want to see the underside to see how they mounted everything.

Bonus if you post a few vids.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
NoahzBurnt

I hate your hockey team as of 7:10 into overtime this afternoon...u will get no such pictures

Ok all kidding aside....i will definately get some videos up soon....
Old 05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
35Z

Default LS-X Block

Just curious; is your FI LS-X a cast iron or aluminum block? What transmission /rear end are you going to spec for the FI LS-X set-up?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:58 AM
NoahzBurnt

Aluminum

Tremec T-56

Gonna keep with the NISMO LSD and 3.9FD until it goes.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
hunter6

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
Aluminum

Tremec T-56

Gonna keep with the NISMO LSD and 3.9FD until it goes.

Noah,

How do you feel about the 3.9FD. Is that the right gear for the LS2?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM
weaselfury

that shifter looks great man! thats an awesome touch they did for you. everything looks so... STOCK!!! i love it all bro! awesome work...
Old 05-06-2008, 09:53 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the TT Tip Noah! I am sure I will be a happy camper in 2.5 weeks!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
NoahzBurnt

Honestly I love the car as is. I cannot comment if another FD would work as I have been driving witha 3.9 for 3 years in this car.

If someone has a 4.08 or 3.5 FD VLSD pumpkin and we can swap em easy...i'm down to review and get back to everybody.

Regarding the shifter.....yes....brian did AMAZING work here....i mean even the shift **** matched the interior....

Brian,

If i have not thanked you enough....thank you!!!!

TRULY AMAZING JOB!!!! Can we supercharge this thing yet tho

BTW....

I took like 90 pictures earlier...I am too lazy to look thru them and host them

someone please go thru this http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...rnt/?start=all and post up the pics you like the best.

Corey,

U know I got your back....so of course I had to tip you off to a good deal!!!

2.5 weeks? Dude I am the most IMPULSIVE person you will ever meet....do that shit tomorrow!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for one sick *** car.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Sk8fe

Noah, question about pix:

So your passenger door opens vertically but your driver's door swings normally? Is that right?

If you were going to go with CF or custom painted valve covers then yeah, but why get/pay for Corvette ones vs. the GTO ones you already in earlier shots? Did you like the looks of the black covers in your engine bay better vs. the GTO silvers ones? Or is it that Corvettes are considered to have more "pedigree" than GTO's? Just curious to your reasoning there.

Do you still have your stock 3-point belts? Do they still work with those Bride seats? Not sure if you care, but I do not believe your shoulder straps are secured to the harness bar correctly. That setup would not pass any tech inspections for the HPDE events I've done. The straps need to be secured to the (thick) harness bar itself shown in this pic of my Z

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=350Z030.jpg

Not clipped on to the guide posts/bars (for lack of a better term). What you have your shoulder straps clipped to are there to prevent the shoulder straps from "walking" on the harness bar; they are not designed to provide restraint protection in an impact. Just FYI. I'm not slam'n ya or "throwing stones" or anything and if you are aware of all this and they are just there for the show then my apologies, but if you actually use them for safety as opposed to the sock 3-point setup then you might not be as protected/secured as you think. The welds on those little guide bars will most likely snap in a front impact and you will either be kissing the windshield or pulling your teeth out of your steering wheel.

Do you have access to a lift? Any chance we can get "belly" pix to see the exhaust and headers?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 AM
4SHIZZIL

This is the least I can do.....lol FYI that JWT Kit was for a 350 non rev..have to modify to get my G Rev-Up....Always something stopping me from boost...besides my wife this time...lol

Old 05-08-2008, 08:05 AM
4SHIZZIL

It you all dont like the blury ones..dig through Noahs album yourself and post them...I dont want to hear it!!!

LOL
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,073 Likes on 965 Posts

How is the LS ecu and Nissan guages compatibility being addressed? With the Chevy tranny and Nissan rearend, how is the speedometer readings? Does the Nissan ecu still control the BCM functions? Any error codes be thrown by the Nissan ecu?
Old 05-08-2008, 02:58 PM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by Sk8fe
Noah, question about pix:

So your passenger door opens vertically but your driver's door swings normally? Is that right?

If you were going to go with CF or custom painted valve covers then yeah, but why get/pay for Corvette ones vs. the GTO ones you already in earlier shots? Did you like the looks of the black covers in your engine bay better vs. the GTO silvers ones? Or is it that Corvettes are considered to have more "pedigree" than GTO's? Just curious to your reasoning there.

Do you still have your stock 3-point belts? Do they still work with those Bride seats? Not sure if you care, but I do not believe your shoulder straps are secured to the harness bar correctly. That setup would not pass any tech inspections for the HPDE events I've done. The straps need to be secured to the (thick) harness bar itself shown in this pic of my Z

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=350Z030.jpg

Not clipped on to the guide posts/bars (for lack of a better term). What you have your shoulder straps clipped to are there to prevent the shoulder straps from "walking" on the harness bar; they are not designed to provide restraint protection in an impact. Just FYI. I'm not slam'n ya or "throwing stones" or anything and if you are aware of all this and they are just there for the show then my apologies, but if you actually use them for safety as opposed to the sock 3-point setup then you might not be as protected/secured as you think. The welds on those little guide bars will most likely snap in a front impact and you will either be kissing the windshield or pulling your teeth out of your steering wheel.

Do you have access to a lift? Any chance we can get "belly" pix to see the exhaust and headers?
Both open vertiacally....i was just lazy.

Dude you are preaching to the choir regarding my harnesses....I clipped those because i got that bar in a pinch ( i had an hour to make a photoshoot)...was expecting to do a roll bar with welded eye bolts to clip the harnesses to but ran out of time before the car had to be at hin...i have 3 bar slides to properly affix them....but once again...I am too lazy

The corvette covers were installed for HIN boston....at the suggestion of a few people the word "CORVETTE" attracts more attention than a simple LS2 (some people thought it was a stock motor) (even teh GTO forums said I should rock em)

No lift access yet.....the car will be dropped off saturday for a body kit install (would have been today but I got really sick) When it is on a lift there I will try my best to snap some for you
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 PM
NoahzBurnt

Corey....a simple intercooler swap is all u need. Call me, as there is a trick to make this kit work on your car.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How is the LS ecu and Nissan guages compatibility being addressed? With the Chevy tranny and Nissan rearend, how is the speedometer readings? Does the Nissan ecu still control the BCM functions? Any error codes be thrown by the Nissan ecu?

They made a conversion box that works flawlessly. the speedometer is 100% accurate (i have checked it with GPS...and an officer was nice enough to confirm my findings )

SO far the rear end and chevy trans are beautiful together.

The VDC and TCS woork fine....but i disconnected the computer under the center console as i only drive in the nice weather anyway.\

SO far no codes but I am sure when UPREV had my ECU they had something to do with that

Last edited by NoahzBurnt; 05-08-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:04 PM
NoahzBurnt

sick as dog.....going back to sleep now!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Sk8fe

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
Both open vertiacally....i was just lazy.

Dude you are preaching to the choir regarding my harnesses....I clipped those because i got that bar in a pinch ( i had an hour to make a photoshoot)...was expecting to do a roll bar with welded eye bolts to clip the harnesses to but ran out of time before the car had to be at hin...i have 3 bar slides to properly affix them....but once again...I am too lazy

The corvette covers were installed for HIN boston....at the suggestion of a few people the word "CORVETTE" attracts more attention than a simple LS2 (some people thought it was a stock motor) (even teh GTO forums said I should rock em)

No lift access yet.....the car will be dropped off saturday for a body kit install (would have been today but I got really sick) When it is on a lift there I will try my best to snap some for you
COOL!

Wasn't trying to check-bad with ya. If you have ever gone to or stopped along the way at some local car shows or gatherings you'll know why I had to ask (sometimes you see some whack chit out there).

You ever do any HPDE or NASA Time Attacks with your Z? If so, I can't wait for a link to some in-car video of you out there in your V8 Z!

Feel better. Take two chicks and post in the morning...
Old 05-11-2008, 02:21 PM
sicdeusvult

Siiiiiick, but i would expect no less from Noah!

Quick Reply: Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)