Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

what else is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 AM
cacdeez
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else is needed?

i bought turbontics kit, turbo xs utec and evo 2 exhaust. for the turbo do i have to have a boost controller or turbo timer? what else do i have to have?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 AM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of kit did you buy? The standard or tuner kit? The exhaust will have to be modified. No, you will not need a boost controller. The stock wastegate is about the max. in boost you need to run anyway. Unless you are just one of those guys and go all out or want to run less boost for spirted driving. Turbo timer, I would say get one. There only about $100 bucks. More of a maintenance issue and helps in aiding of proper turbo oil cooling, IMO. Some say it's not necessary.

Also try picking up at least a wideband and boost gauge. It really sounds like you need to talk to a tuner. But be careful that don't sell you something you don't need. Even the great ones will do that. They are trying to run a business and I'd probably to that myself to.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

First of all... you should have done a lot of research before you bought the turbo kit. You shouldn't be figuring this stuff out after you already bought it... that's just my $0.02

Please make the following corrections and then post in the appropriate forum (Forced Induction)

1. Descriptive thread title so people know what your thread is about before they click on it

2. Include some more relevant details in your post as VIZAGE mentioned.

3. There are dozens and dozens of posts about the turbonetics kit. Search the forum and try to find some of the info yourself.