Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Anyone living with oil cons. problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
HKILP7M8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone living with oil cons. problem?

I'm tired of going back and fourth with Nissan, a few months ago I was supposed to get a new engine, nothing yet.
I was wondering if anybody is living with this problem? I was thinking of just doing oil changes at 2k miles as opposed to 3k and to switch to the best synthetic oil I could find. Another thought I had was to maybe just by a new engine myself, how would I guarantee that I have a good engine free of this problem though. I love the car but hate the company.

Would like to hear what other people are doing.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HKILP7M8
I'm tired of going back and fourth with Nissan, a few months ago I was supposed to get a new engine, nothing yet.
I was wondering if anybody is living with this problem? I was thinking of just doing oil changes at 2k miles as opposed to 3k and to switch to the best synthetic oil I could find. Another thought I had was to maybe just by a new engine myself, how would I guarantee that I have a good engine free of this problem though. I love the car but hate the company.

Would like to hear what other people are doing.
How much oil are you actually using?

You could buy a new longblock from nissan for around $6500 if you want to go that route, then keep in mind install costs. or you could have your current setup rebuilt for much less.

I would guess that the consumption is due to improper seating of the rings. Maybe a clearance issue in the build? I don't know for sure, just guessing
Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're having an issue getting your motor and you haven't gotten the BBB involved yet, do so.

Don't live with the oil consumption issue. Follow your case history through to the end.