Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Project 2JZ in a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it still costs more to build a 2Jz than it does the build the VQ with the same parts...

i love taking any motor and putting it in some place it doesnt belong...
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not cheaper!!! BUt the looks one gets are priceless
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
WhiteOnWhite350z

Originally Posted by Black Guy
LSx/2jz swaps in other chassis are my favorite. But im not sure if it was a cheaper alternative. Well cheaper, if you do it yourself.
is $ 21k cheap for a build?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by fern14
is $ 21k cheap for a build?

Maybe you didnt read my post correctly. You think thats a 21,000 $ swap if you DO IT YOURSELF?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin XAT
You are seriously just trying to start a pissing contest. What would you know about who I want to go toe to toe with ? I am not going to speak for my customer, but if you would like to go up against one of my 2 personal alchohol cars, please bring it; But you better be on the hot end of 8.21 @ 154 in the quarter sir.

Martin S.
i will bring my built GSX-R 1100.. if this is really a run what you brung .. my d!ck is bigger contest..

don't get too excited man.. all i said is.. PF has more ***** than you do when it comes to AJ's car vs that 2JZ you built..
Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Zexy
Doug is just bored.. He does this (what he does best) on supraforums too. Who knows what other forums are getting harrased with flames from Doug. It's one big repetative cycle..
its really nice to know i have a fan out there who thinks so much of me daily
Old 01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
WhiteOnWhite350z

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Maybe you didnt read my post correctly. You think thats a 21,000 $ swap if you DO IT YOURSELF?
no i read it correctly....

I am not talking about your post....I am asking if $21k is cheaper than a possible VQ build. He paid over $20k for that swap. I am trying to help you out....I understand what you are arguing...20k is alot of dinero, so what could I do to a VQ for 20k? And how would that 20k VQ build compare to his swap?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Fairlady_z33

Did you all forget everything that came off the car did that magically disappeared.

And about the track ill run aj at the track once i learn how to drive the car but you still dont get it this car is not being built for 1/4 is being built for highway. If i wanted a 1/4 mile swap i would have put in a terminator engine on turbo with an auto trans and a solid rear. But thats not what i wanted out of the car. I dont care how quick the car is i just care about the top end it AJ's car can beat me all day at the 1/4. rolling is where i care.

Last edited by Fairlady_z33; 01-08-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Martin XAT

Originally Posted by doug
i will bring my built GSX-R 1100.. if this is really a run what you brung .. my d!ck is bigger contest..

don't get too excited man.. all i said is.. PF has more ***** than you do when it comes to AJ's car vs that 2JZ you built..

Quit changing what you said. You specifically said that "you do not want to go toe to toe...". Don't speak for others.. hell I talked to Jeremy from PF today and we kinda laughed about how this whole situation is escelating.

How would have someone have more ***** than someone else in that manner ? If you are a good tuner and know the limits of the motor you will put the same amount of "*****" in no matter what you are doing or tuning. Sorry.. there are no cheat codes you can punch into a AEM or E11 or Motec that will give you a edge while tuning. You are not going to cheat physics and chemistry Doug. Two good tuners will have very similar outcomes taking a motor to its edge while tuning. I am sure PF does that well, and I know I do that well. Popping motors is not cool. No matter which way you look at it Doug.

Martin S.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Zexy
Doug is just bored.. He does this (what he does best) on supraforums too. Who knows what other forums are getting harrased with flames from Doug. It's one big repetative cycle..
doug made it quite obvious that he is the worlds biggest vq nut swinger

i really don't see y people get so offended with what someone else does to their car, if he wants a 2jz in his z, let him have it, how does it affect u?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
doug

Quit changing what you said. You specifically said that "you do not want to go toe to toe...". Don't speak for others.. hell I talked to Jeremy from PF today and we kinda laughed about how this whole situation is escelating.
toe to toe with PF .. i never challenged you in anyway prior.. but if you still want to run my built Gixxer.. let me know

How would have someone have more ***** than someone else in that manner ? If you are a good tuner and know the limits of the motor you will put the same amount of "*****" in no matter what you are doing or tuning. Sorry.. there are no cheat codes you can punch into a AEM or E11 or Motec that will give you a edge while tuning. You are not going to cheat physics and chemistry Doug. Two good tuners will have very similar outcomes taking a motor to its edge while tuning. I am sure PF does that well, and I know I do that well. Popping motors is not cool. No matter which way you look at it Doug.

Martin S.
let me explain it to you again.. more ***** in a sense you are tuning a customers car.. AJ works in a shop.. you don't care to blow up your customers car.. AJ could care less if his motor blows.. in fact he has already done it for fun.. which means they have more ***** than you in regards to both of the cars in question..

there are no cheat codes.. but one tuner can tune more aggresively than another.. i am pretty sure you are not going to tune your customers car aggressive.. while PF can add timing all the want because they could care less
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
doug

Originally Posted by warmmilk
doug made it quite obvious that he is the worlds biggest vq nut swinger
yup.. from 1997 when i bought my first maxima

Originally Posted by warmmilk
i really don't see y people get so offended with what someone else does to their car, if he wants a 2jz in his z, let him have it, how does it affect u?
no one is offended.. we could care less that he has a 2JZ .. he thought it was superior and thats why he did it.. good for him
Old 01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. This was actually a cool thread until it got crapped all over by the needless flame fest... Doug, why don't you take the drama back over to the FI forum? You'll notice AJ hasn't even posted here and he was the other guy racing...

Last edited by gothchick; 01-08-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM
doug

Originally Posted by gothchick
Wow. This was actually a cool thread until it got crapped all over by the needless flame fest... Doug, why don't you take the drama back over to the FI forum? You'll notice AJ hasn't even posted here and he was the other guy racing...
actually AJ wasn't the other guy racing.. it just happen to be his car.. why do you continously talk **** you don't know?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Martin XAT

all right I'm out.. this is getting lame... Since Doug seems to know everything about everyone, from who owns what to how I tune, arguing is redundant.

I will post pics / dyno / run vids when we are completely finished. Thanks for following the build up to everyone that enjoyed it and I promise a nice compilation of the above !

Martin S.

Last edited by Martin XAT; 01-08-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
thawk408

I hope your gixxer has a snail, if not I see a lose in your future.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
BhamZMan

Excuse my ignorance, but could you hold down a bike for a sub-8 sec quarter mile? I am probably wrong in assuming this is next to impossible, and if so, please take the time to address my mistake
Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
BhamZMan

Nevermind - just found a 6 sec vid on YouTube. The bike does not look at all streetable...but I guess neither is the alky car.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
doug

Originally Posted by thawk408
I hope your gixxer has a snail, if not I see a lose in your future.
it doesn't need a snail
Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 PM
thawk408

it doesn't need a snail
So its a low 8 sec bike?

Quick Reply: Project 2JZ in a 350Z