Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Blown 06' VQ35DE! Due to Oil Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is funny... i mean its a pretty honest mistake that he'd think he'd get an 07... but he just made himself look really bad
Old 12-01-2007, 01:30 AM
XxDeliciousxX

Originally Posted by davidv
Checking the motor oil level. Now there's an interesting concept.
lol! the first thing i thought reading the OP was he probably never checked his oil level, because im pretty sure oil loss doesnt go from 5 to 0 in the matter of mile unless theres a bad a** leak.

OP = FAIL
Old 12-01-2007, 01:31 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

OK, so I guess you already know the fact that you're not getting a VQ35HR... I'll leave that one alone.

I don't know how ANYONE can't notice their car is burning oil like it's going out of style. I don't know about you guys, but I check my oil every time I fill up at the pump. I also check it every Saturday morning, and before/after auto-x. It's almost stupid to go 700 miles without checking it even once.

Does the OP deserve a new motor... not really. His dumb fault for continuing to drive the car until it wouldn't drive any more (that was VERY retarded). If I was Nissan I wouldn't give him a damn thing.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:39 AM
XxDeliciousxX

omg lol im back because i was thinking of how stupid this was....the z has a damned oil pressure gauge....if it was low on oil im pretty damned sure it woulda had a loss in pressure. i would know when i ws down 1.5 qts, the oil light came on and my pressure went down a lot.

that reminds me, the low/needs oil light.

damn are you a f*cking idiot or what.

and!

+1 to not giving you anything....this was clearly owner negligence.

youre just lucky the 06 has issues, so you have something to cushion and hide your idiocy
Old 12-01-2007, 01:53 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XxDeliciousxX
omg lol im back because i was thinking of how stupid this was....the z has a damned oil pressure gauge....if it was low on oil im pretty damned sure it woulda had a loss in pressure. i would know when i ws down 1.5 qts, the oil light came on and my pressure went down a lot.

and!

youre just lucky the 06 has issues, so you have something to cushion and hide your idiocy

please read the thread. Oil pressure and oil volume is not the same thing.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:25 AM
9kFever

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
OK, so I guess you already know the fact that you're not getting a VQ35HR... I'll leave that one alone.

I don't know how ANYONE can't notice their car is burning oil like it's going out of style. I don't know about you guys, but I check my oil every time I fill up at the pump. I also check it every Saturday morning, and before/after auto-x. It's almost stupid to go 700 miles without checking it even once.

Does the OP deserve a new motor... not really. His dumb fault for continuing to drive the car until it wouldn't drive any more (that was VERY retarded). If I was Nissan I wouldn't give him a damn thing.
The 350z dipstick makes checking the oil at a gas station nearly impossible. Unless you let the car cool down the dipstick will have oil all over the place even if it is low 1.5 qts. I took my car back to the dealer after they installed the v2 motor with just 700 miles. They didn't want to believe that the new motor could be over 1 qt short in such a short time so they wanted to use the dipstick. It took nearly an hour of letting the car cool down before we could get a reliable reading. Even then the back of the dipstick showed it was full. That being said, I had them drian the oil and found it to be 1.2 qts short. Basically the dipstick is uselless.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:26 AM
9kFever

Originally Posted by XxDeliciousxX

and!

The low oil light is useless. During one of my consumption tests my car was 2.5 qts short. i didnt get a single light or notice any change to oil pressure.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:47 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by 9kFever
The 350z dipstick makes checking the oil at a gas station nearly impossible. Unless you let the car cool down the dipstick will have oil all over the place even if it is low 1.5 qts. I took my car back to the dealer after they installed the v2 motor with just 700 miles. They didn't want to believe that the new motor could be over 1 qt short in such a short time so they wanted to use the dipstick. It took nearly an hour of letting the car cool down before we could get a reliable reading. Even then the back of the dipstick showed it was full. That being said, I had them drian the oil and found it to be 1.2 qts short. Basically the dipstick is uselless.
For me, it was good enough to tell if I was low or not. Although, I do agree, it is (or was) a shitty design.

But, that's still no excuse not to check at least weekly.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:32 PM
cheshirecat79

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
For me, it was good enough to tell if I was low or not. Although, I do agree, it is (or was) a shitty design.

But, that's still no excuse not to check at least weekly.
For me, the car slings oil all over the damn place and has to settle at LEAST half an hour to not have oil streaking all over the place.

The best you can do before that is just estimate. I don't even bother checking the oil unless the car has been sitting for a while.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:45 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so did the mod's not care that carlos said f*k this F*k u u f*king stupid to a whole bunch of members!? That's a bunch of harassing statements and innapropriate languagehmmmm. Has he even responded lately?

Originally Posted by carlos305
Who the **** told you i was a used car salesmen or a salesmen at all? Read before u reply with stupid **** like dat you moron.

Same **** for you who in this entire thread said i was a mechanic?

And for the rest of you fukin ********* in here who think they have never had a fukin misunderstanding in your fukin lives, go **** yourselfs. Seems like QuadCam is the only one with some fukin people skills the rest of you need to jump of the fukin computer and get a fukin life before u reach 2 million posts.
10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING
Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account. Any insults or harassments towards staff members will result in instant banishment.

20.) FORUM CONTENT/USE OF LANGUAGE
Considering the real-time nature of our forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Discussions revolving graphically sexual situations, [promoted use of] drugs and/or drug paraphernalia, etc. will be deleted from the forum, so please refrain from such content. Forum content also includes language. Although there is an automatic filter that censors inappropriate/profane language, intentional attempts to bypass this filter will result in one warning and then a ban (Anything Goes forum is exempt). The language filter is implemented for a purpose, thus it should not be intentionally circumvented. Please use common sense when posting pictures. Nudity, gore, violent acts (and results thereof) amongst other images are not allowed. Please note that this includes pictures in your avatar and/or signature. This is a public site, accessible by minors as well. So please keep all viewable pictures/avatars/signatures under the common PG rating. Offensive avatars / signatures may be reported to our staff, and removed at their discretion.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 12-01-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
so did the mod's not care that carlos said f*k this F*k u u f*king stupid to a whole bunch of members!? That's a bunch of harassing statements and innapropriate languagehmmmm. Has he even responded lately?

10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING
Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account. Any insults or harassments towards staff members will result in instant banishment.

20.) FORUM CONTENT/USE OF LANGUAGE
Considering the real-time nature of our forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Discussions revolving graphically sexual situations, [promoted use of] drugs and/or drug paraphernalia, etc. will be deleted from the forum, so please refrain from such content. Forum content also includes language. Although there is an automatic filter that censors inappropriate/profane language, intentional attempts to bypass this filter will result in one warning and then a ban (Anything Goes forum is exempt). The language filter is implemented for a purpose, thus it should not be intentionally circumvented. Please use common sense when posting pictures. Nudity, gore, violent acts (and results thereof) amongst other images are not allowed. Please note that this includes pictures in your avatar and/or signature. This is a public site, accessible by minors as well. So please keep all viewable pictures/avatars/signatures under the common PG rating. Offensive avatars / signatures may be reported to our staff, and removed at their discretion.
I would actually say that most of the people leading up to Carlos' post were the ones that "incited" the foul language by calling HIM names. I agree that it seems pretty negligent to not check your oil when your car is making weird noises but he didn't snap at everyone until probably 15 people had called him an idiot. I'm pretty neutral either way and I think the stuff he said was pretty childish but I understand why he did it.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
wolffttu

So i was driving with a couple of friends this sunday and the next thing i notice was my car making a whole lot of strange loud noises, at first i thought it was the tranny (again).... So i thought, im gonna keep driving this sucker until Monday, because the dealer was closed. The next day it started turning off on me randomly, i was like WTF? i kept turning it back on and driving until it couldn't drive anymore i turned it on put it in first and a even louder and deeper noise came out, after that the Z wouldn't start, crank, or anything, so i called roadside and had it towed to nissan, where i find out the next day that my car had NO OIL!, (what a surprise?) and had to take out the engine piece by piece bcuz it was dat F***** up. So now for the good news it was their fault that my engine blew becuz i had all my oil changes done at the dealer and their is not a reason why the car should have stayed without oil. So now i am getting a brand new VQ35HR YAY!

If you drive an 06 make sure you check your oil constantly if u don't want to blow it.

I got a couple questions.
Do i buy parts or the 06 or 07 now?
The HR rev's higher right?Wont they have to swap out the Tach also?
Does the 07 have the oil consumption issue also?
say bro becareful that the dealership doesnt f you over by giving you a used engine. my friend is a lawyer and his engine sucked in water got a new engine but the dealership tried to screw hiim over and put in a used engine. nevertheless he found out and they found out he was a lawyer and they are fixing it now. but make sure that the dealership doesnt try to mess you over.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:22 PM
cheshirecat79

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I'd say we are all big boys and can handle someone blowing the cool because like 10 different forum members gave him a hard time about his assumption.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I'd say we are all big boys and can handle someone blowing the cool because like 10 different forum members gave him a hard time about his assumption.
Yes, we can..but can Carlos? Yes, he was provoked, but he showed immaturity and only added fuel to the fire.

I'm sorry I even posed that question or made it a big deal b/c it really isn't and it's none of my busness.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 12-01-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:03 PM
carlos305

delete

Last edited by carlos305; 12-03-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:28 PM
bboypuertoroc

My car had been in the dealer a couple of weeks before for tranny issues which led me to believe it was acting up again. On top of that i paid for extended warranty and finally there is no reason as to why i should have to worry about checking my oil weekly on a car that is brand new and cost $29,000
You're not serious, are you? That's common good practice and preventive maintenance. I've been doing it with my car since it had 2.1 miles on the clock. Weekly AND every fill-up I check. I can somewhat understand the fill-up part for some Z guys, but there's no excuse to not check at the absolute very least weekly. That's user error.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
carlos305

delete

Last edited by carlos305; 12-03-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
bboypuertoroc

That's funny, since mine reads the same +/- a few cross hatches between either checking at the gas station or checking it in the morning or checking it an hour after running the car. The only time it's impossible to get a good read is after auto-x or touge runs.

You seriously can't take 2 minutes out of your day to check your oil? Whatever. That's a poor excuse.

LMAO... that's why you have maintenance dates... wow. So, in between those dates, you don't check for any problems? You REALLY don't deserve a new engine... you neglected your old one. Especially after forcing the car to drive after it didn't want to. Bet you didn't tell the dealer that one.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:04 PM
QuadCam

I still don't get how some revups have the oil consumption problem, and other don't (like me.) An infiniti tech was telling me that nissan believes it has more to do with the driving style of some of the drivers.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:15 PM
QuadCam

all of this low oil drama.......I just went out to check my dipstick.

Quick Reply: Blown 06' VQ35DE! Due to Oil Issue