Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

**BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 10:43 AM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A dealer in California (where I live the smog police capital of the world) would never put a non CARB compliant ECU in your car.

I think they could be fined.

BBL
Old 06-07-2003, 02:31 PM
sdpearso

I just called and spoke with Jeff Collins. He says that he is NOT aware of any ECU's for the Z and that he knows NISMO is NOT going to have one. He also said that he has NOT spoken with you about an ECU. I asked what aftermarket stuff was available and he quoted the normal list of S-tune and R-tune parts.

For the record, I steared clear of this dealership when I bought my Z because they were marking it up $10K over MSRP so it wouldn't surprise me if they are jerking your chain.

You should call Jeff and find out what's really going on.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:41 PM
12SecZ

Oh really?

I was there in person. Go see the kit right on their show room floor on the demo model.

What a jerk they are.

I was just told not to mention brands of the rims and price, I did neither.

He's full of BS.

Now I will have to question the kit, it's there, parts and service gave me a quote and a four day install period and they get my car Wednesday.

I am not installing the ECU, he just mentioned that, I am installing the body kit and rims that he claims only his dealership can get.

I'm gonna go take a pic of the car and talk to him in person now!

BBL.

Thanks for the update Sean. Mind if I mention your name it would add credibility?
Old 06-07-2003, 03:10 PM
sdpearso

Originally posted by MaxHax

Thanks for the update Sean. Mind if I mention your name it would add credibility?
Be my guest. Let us all know what he says.

Good luck.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Max, I hate to break it to you, but NEVER trust what a dealer says man. Any dealer that was gouging at 10K over MSRP is out for one reason only, and that is to screw you. They probably said they were the ONLY ones who could get this kit just so you wouldn't go looking anywhere else. Dealers are the lowest forms of life IMO.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:04 PM
12SecZ

OK,

Here is how it goes. BTW, I bought my car off the showroom floor Nov 15th 2002, Daytona Blue Automatic. It was their first sell so you can damn well know they remember me.

Aprox 1 hour ago I parked my A5T DB right in front and walked straight upstairs. I said ," Jeff Coleman?"

He said verbatim, let me guess **** ****** (real name) not handle. I said how did you know? He said someone called about you today.

I said, "Yeah that is why I am here. You made me look like an idiot on a board viewed by thousands!"

Jeff Coleman, "How is that, what board?"

I said, don't worry about that did you deny speaking to me about a body kit, rims and an ECU?

He said . you got the kit but not the rims I recall that and told him that. I said there is some miscommunications going on here, I got the kit the grille AND THE RIMS, and you mentioned an ECU.

He said well I am sorry but I may have got confused on what was ordered because parts is handling that!

I said, did you deny talking to him about me?

Jeff says, No he called and said there is this guy talking about ECU's and a Stillen Kit and Jeff said he immediately replied, let me guess, XXXX XXXXXX right?

He says the ECU is supposed to be "hush hush, but my kit, rims, grill are ordered and they get my car Wed 10am.

Miscommunications maybe but he did say that you may be trying to "mess with me."

I said nah he wouldn't do that. So I said what about the ECU? He said that's Bill in parts he knows about it. So I got to parts and Bill is of course off.

So he says, If Sean doesn't believe we talked and you ordered the kit, tell him to call me back!"

FWIW Sean, I side with you not the dealer they do say whatever, I said look the kit is not top secret it's at Stillen.com and he said yeah but try and find the rims! So ECU, call Bill in parts Monday he said bottom line. As for my kit and rims here it is on the showroom floor!

Lot's of BS floating around, I will side with my group every time, but I do want my kit and I am getting a steal deal on it installed and painted!

Pics to follow after some resizing etc
Old 06-07-2003, 05:36 PM
12SecZ

Default OK here come about 4 pics

Off ther topic of ECU they say call "Bill in parts. he's the man in charge" on Monday.

Monday is my memorial.

Do the kit or don't while we wait to see if this ECU story is real???
Attached Thumbnails **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo-front640.jpg  
Old 06-07-2003, 05:37 PM
12SecZ

Default 2

Attached Thumbnails **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo-reardriver640.jpg  
Old 06-07-2003, 05:38 PM
12SecZ

Attached Thumbnails **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo-reardriver640.jpg  
Old 06-07-2003, 05:38 PM
12SecZ

Attached Thumbnails **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo-rearpass640.jpg  
Old 06-07-2003, 05:41 PM
12SecZ

P.S Sean, FWIW, I had filed a complaint at Nissan North Ameirca Consumer Affairs on these guys that was so solid it got two people fired (I believe, haven't seen them)

Turner Nissan does my service and this dealer has some explaining to do now because I believe *you* over them.

I was trying to help their sales and I get that from them?
Attached Thumbnails **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo-side640.jpg  
Old 06-07-2003, 06:18 PM
12SecZ

It's all Stillen except the rims (can't say yet) and am not paying retail. I wish I could see it on a D Blue though and my car is lowered. The rims are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear perfect for my Nitto's (I'm not buying the tires I'm gonna burn mine Nitto's up first.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:12 PM
all_bark

all i got to say is if you like the kit (I do!) and your getting a steal of a deal then buy it.

So what if they throw lots of BS your way. What you have to do is prepare for the ******** and be happy when you find some roses!

BS is a great fertilizer....

so get the kit.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:34 PM
jeffw

The asymmetric intake “scoop” on the Stillen front fascia is missing. Did the dealership bondo it up or is Stillen selling a new front?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-07-2003, 07:44 PM
12SecZ

Like I said this was sort of a properity deal between the dealer and Stillen and a rim maker as a package.

If I told you what I was paying installed and painted you would die, but that's part of the deal. Let me drive it around and let others see it and have them pay more.

Works for me.

Sort of like Jack Roushe packages on Mustang GT's in a way.

There is only one Rousche dealer out of the ten or so Ford Dealerships in the surrounding areas.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Alev

Originally posted by all_bark
all i got to say is if you like the kit (I do!) and your getting a steal of a deal then buy it.

So what if they throw lots of BS your way. What you have to do is prepare for the ******** and be happy when you find some roses!

BS is a great fertilizer....

so get the kit.
Ditto that. If you're getting a great deal Max, and it sounds like you are, go for it. It'll make your Z that much more unique and appealing to you. And if you hear from the parts guy and the ECU thing is BS, oh well, nothing lost for you... the dealership just loses some credibility, but you're still getting a good deal on your stuff.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:16 PM
sdpearso

Originally posted by MaxHax
OK,

Here is how it goes....
I'm having trouble following exactly what you were saying here but I think I get the point.

Just to be clear on my end though, he didn't deny talking to you...I just said to him that "a member of my Z club was working with him on a body kit and some other stuff", he said "yeah XXXX XXXXX (your name)". I told him that you mentioned they (Future Nissan) would be able to get an ECU for the 350z and he told me that "you two had never talked about an ECU and that he wasn't aware of any ECU for the 350z.

It just pisses me off that he would talk to you about an ECU and then deny it to me. If it's a secret, I could understand. But why would an ECU that should be available in the next 9 days be a secret?

As for your current decision...continue with the kit and wheels from them or look elsewhere? I think if you can trust them to do a great job (install, paint, ...) and you feel you are getting a good deal then you should go ahead. My $.02 is that any dealer that has these kinds of "secrets" and charges $10K over MSRP is not to be trusted.

BTW, They were trying to sell me a Black Touring model in September (which I promptly delcined when they told me the markup and I ended up buying my car from Turner the next day)...I have a hard time believing you were their first Z purchase in November. Did they say you were their first?

We should meet at Future Nissan next week and find out what's really goin' on

Anyway, I'll try to remember to call Bill on Monday. I assume he's in the parts dept?
Old 06-07-2003, 10:23 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

This Jeff guy is the same guy that said he could get me financed when i was sure that i couldn't be. On top of that, he told me he could get me 4 percentage points lower than the best quote i had already gotten. He did just what he said he could do. I'm driving a Z today, at a rate even better than the rate he said he could get me.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:30 PM
sdpearso

Originally posted by jeffw
The asymmetric intake “scoop” on the Stillen front fascia is missing. Did the dealership bondo it up or is Stillen selling a new front?

Thanks,
Jeff
Actually, from the picture it looks like it's not a complete bumper...just a lip and grill on the OEM bumper.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:34 PM
sdpearso

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
This Jeff guy is the same guy that said he could get me financed when i was sure that i couldn't be. On top of that, he told me he could get me 4 percentage points lower than the best quote i had already gotten. He did just what he said he could do. I'm driving a Z today, at a rate even better than the rate he said he could get me.
Just goes to show that we all have different experiences with dealers. It's very possible that this is just a miscommunication. I'd just like to get to the bottom of it for no other reason than to find out if they really will be getting an ECU.

On a side note though, and I'm really not trying to be rude, but I hope you didn't have to pay their rediculous markup to get the better financing. Their markup may have only been during the early months.

Quick Reply: **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo