Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Upgrades. . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades. . .

There is probably threads upon threads of this, but i cannot find one that just deals with my question directly. .

I'd like to make a sort of list from whoever wants to participate on the mods everyone has done to their Z, with some ::known:: information on each if you have as far as. .Gains/losses/problems/good~bad experiences/noises/fixes. I'd like to keep it dealing with only the performance side of things, unless a cosmetic parts (body/wheels & tires) dealing in weight loss or gain/wind resistance/grip of the road~ can contribute in a performance aspect.
Topics I'd like to know about is~Engine~Electronics(not stereo)~Handling.

I'll start it off. .as you can read everything on my car so far is in my signature, but i've had problems with
Skunk 2~plenum spacer~made my manifold touch the hood/ I lost the Strut Brace, so i sacrificed handling for power
Kinetix V+ Manifold~also touched my hood so i had to remove some of the hood braces, but i was able to keep the strut brace
Stillen 3 stage Sway bar kit~Rear Bar was slightly touching my borla so i had to lower my borla by installing washer's on the left rear last exhaust hanger bracket
Borla Exhaust~ i've got the hissing noise
Left Resonator's internally rattling But i dont know what brand it is.
GT SPEC Rear lateral toe-toe adjustment bar does not fit on the right side with the Borla exhaust
Anything else i'll edit this post! THANX!

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 01-25-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread = Failed. Dude, it's after market parts. Things don't always go perfect on these parts. Every one knows what the good/ bad parts, such as quality and performance.

Last edited by VIZAGE; 01-25-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. . if everyone knew. .then there wouldn't be a forum. .and to top it off not all parts do the same things to everyone's car. .such as my borla and a few other's has a hissing sound. .and then there's a few people who do not have the hissing sound. .all im asking is the experiences of other's. . .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 01-25-2008 at 12:42 PM.