Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo Flywheel and UR Pullies

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 01:38 AM
zoasis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nismo Flywheel and UR Pullies

Wow, what a difference these mods make together. Immediate throttle response! A definite, noticable increase in power. Before these mods, from a rolling start, I couldn't break traction very easily with the 275/40/19 SO3's. Now I can. I can't wait to get to the track, this will be easy 13's with just these two mods if its gained as much as it feels. What a great set of mods that only cost me $735. I can't wait to dyno!!!

I am going to order the Injen Dual Exhaust, the crawford plenum and possibly some headers. I'm looking for low 13's N/A.

Oh, on the pullie install that I did tonight, here's some advice, grab the sway bar for leverage and USE YOUR LEG to break loose the bolt on the crank pulley. It was as easy as pie with a 15" 1/2 inch angle wrench that I bought at Walmart for $12. I struggled for about 10 minutes with my arms and almost gave up and then I used my legs. No problem!
Old 06-28-2003, 05:44 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Glad to hear you got it all together!! Now let's see some time slips.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:47 PM
350z4steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nismo Flywheel and UR Pullies

Originally posted by zoasis
Wow, what a difference these mods make together. Immediate throttle response! A definite, noticable increase in power. Before these mods, from a rolling start, I couldn't break traction very easily with the 275/40/19 SO3's. Now I can. I can't wait to get to the track, this will be easy 13's with just these two mods if its gained as much as it feels. What a great set of mods that only cost me $735. I can't wait to dyno!!!

I am going to order the Injen Dual Exhaust, the crawford plenum and possibly some headers. I'm looking for low 13's N/A.

Oh, on the pullie install that I did tonight, here's some advice, grab the sway bar for leverage and USE YOUR LEG to break loose the bolt on the crank pulley. It was as easy as pie with a 15" 1/2 inch angle wrench that I bought at Walmart for $12. I struggled for about 10 minutes with my arms and almost gave up and then I used my legs. No problem!
Any extra noise or vibration coming from the transmission? How does the car idle or pull away without down shifting at slow speed or is it easy to stall out?
Old 07-04-2003, 12:13 AM
zoasis

There is a rattle NOISE up to 2500 RPM's but you cannot feel anything. I am use to the noise already, it doesn't personally bother me a bit. Others it may though.

As far as stalling out, I have not had any problems. the reving is so easy and quick when starting I just give it a couple very quick taps on the gas if I want to start out a little aggressive. Idle seems to be OK, I haven't noticed any change really.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Javi

Where did you installed the flywheel and how much was it?
Im really thinking about this mod.
There is an article of a proyect 350Z from a magazine (don't remember witch one) they installed a JWT flywheel and they complain about the noise of the flywheel, they say that the stock one has some springs and stuff to prevent this from happening, but the noise only was noticeable before 2000rpm's, they did say that there was an improvement of the trap speed (99mph stock 101mph with flywheel)
Old 07-04-2003, 08:13 AM
dwende170

Zoasis is the flywheel you got lightwheight? Also, did you use the stock clutch? I bought the JUN Lightwheight flywheel which weighs about 14lbs (stock is 28lbs. i believe). I haven't installed it yet because I'm waiting for my clutch. RPS clutch is designing the clutch for me right now. It's the first one that they're making for the Z33. I told them to make it strong enough to be able to withstand all the hp/torque when I get twin turbos. I'll be sure to post the status as soon as I get it.

Also, let us know when you dyno you're car with your mods or when you go to the track. thanks.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:43 PM
zoasis

Originally posted by Javi
Where did you installed the flywheel and how much was it?
I had a tranny relaced under warranty. didn't cost a penny.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:47 PM
zoasis

Originally posted by dwende170
Zoasis is the flywheel you got lightwheight?

Also, did you use the stock clutch?

Also, let us know when you dyno you're car with your mods or when you go to the track. thanks.
Yes, mine is 21 lbs I believe, so not quite the drastic change of the JUN or JWT but there is a difference, especially with the pulleys. Without the pulleys, it MAY have made for quicker trap speeds but throttle response was definitely better. Now with pullies, its night and day.

I used the stock clutch. I tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to get a replacement upgraded clutch for over 1 month and noone come through for me. I even had one on order for a while but it never panned out. I REALLY wish I would have been able to get the RPS like you. Oh well.

I'll post dyno's although I don't have a baseline to reference.