Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Installed grounding kit BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Zzzow!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed grounding kit BUT...

Installing this kit late last night, I made 2 mistakes. One is that I dropped a washer somewhere down the left side of the engine and I know it didn't go all the way down. Two is I dropped the nut for the negative battery terminal in the battery compartment.

Now I need some help, I park in a condo garage and have no room to do much, how do I get the battery out without taking off all that paneling? Or is there an easier way to get down there? Should I worry about where that washer went? I would like to take off the plastic stuff underneath but again, no room.

I tried using that magnet stick, but didn't get anything. Nothing is visible. Suggestions? or am I out of luck?

Thanks for helping out...
Old 06-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Buub

I dropped something down there too.

You need to remove almost all the bolts holding the bottom plastic skirt on. The pull down the left-hand side and you'll be able to reach your hand in and pull out whatever is in there.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Ez350

Depending on where the objects went, there is another option. I dropped a screw somewhere down the battery-side of the engine. I got on the ground and started popping the plastic skirt (gently) with my fist. When I got to where the screw was, I heard it pop up and down. Then I took a magnet ($7.00 at Home Depot) and dragged the screw to the lip of the plastic skirt and was able to reach my hand inside and grab it. Basically, I MacGyvered it.....
Old 07-03-2003, 08:29 AM
Zzzow!

Thanks for replying guys, I got the nut out by taking out the battery and tray and I only had to remove the battery compartment plastic cover, and readjust the one along the windshield.

As for the washer, I tried tapping all the plastic that I could reach but its not there. Oh well...