Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ACT LIghtweight Flywheel - slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
get1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACT LIghtweight Flywheel - slipping?

Hi guys,

I have just recently (in the last month), made some mods to my car - Nismo zorst, Nismo HFCs, Motordyne spacer/plenum - the usual. I have also installed a lightweight ACT flywheel and a NIsmo clutch disc (in anticipation of the oem disc being the weakest link in the clutch assembly!). I did have problems right from the start on this in that I bought my Z from new when Nissan was making the transition from the rev up engine to the new 07 model, so on my particular car I had an MY07 clutch assembly in an MY06 car, which meant an OEM MY06 clutch disc was not interchangeable with an MY07 clutch casing - result - clutch slipping.

I have now got the Nismo disc in with the ACT flywheel, but I am starting to notice what appears to be clutch slippage but it isn't, and I dont know whether the symptoms are normal and to be expected because of how a lightweight flywheel works. Let me explain - I can be driving in any gear - although 2nd, 4th and 5th I have noticed it more - in 2nd if i am just idling along in low revs and I give it some beans I experience what you would associate as cluth slippage, in that the engine rev will spike for a moment before decreasing and normal service is resumed so to speak. Classic case of clutch slip? - well no because the engine still pulls whilst it races. As I have experienced clutch slippage before I know the symptoms - the engine races but does not go anywhere - this time the engine races but still pulls. The same could be said for 4th gear ase well - cruising along at 60-70mph at 5000 revs, stick the foot down and get the engine racing but still pulling at the same time.

Should I be worried? Comments are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Graham
Old 05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
jmccartney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha sounds like your maf sensor. I had the same issue. It is a common problem with Nissan.