Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

The "transmission Issue"

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 AM
shlby123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "transmission Issue"

So my '03 Touring 350Z started the fun transmission problem with the 3rd & 5th gear grind. Actually I only have the 5th gear with the problem at the moment. It just is tough to get it to push into 5th gear! The car only has 63K on it. I know the warranty is out, I purchased a Platinum level Western General Extended Warranty for the car when I bought it, but even though the transmission is 100% covered...the clutch is not. Is this problem officially classified as a Transmission issue or a clutch issue? Has anybody else out in NICO world had their tranny replaced using this warranty? Just trying to get a feel on what kind of possible BS Im going to encounter when I take it into the service dept. this weekend. I dont want to get the grand jig for this . Any help or insight from you guys & gals would be so so appreciated. I need to trade the car in, and if I get this car fixed, it brings in an extra $1200 to my trade in value.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:09 AM
LeMans 05

Tranny issue. Pony up the $$$ to replace the clutch while they have it apart. I got the NISMO clutch (I forgot who the manufacturer is), and I love it. It's stiffer, but it resolved the 'clutch chatter' the stock clutch is known for. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:19 AM
shlby123

Shoot, if it'll bump up my resale value, that sounds like a good plan. I just dont want to give Nissan the tear-down authorization and them not find anything and me be out a ton of money. The grind is happening now more and more frequently too. I do certainly notice the clutch chatter though. I had a mustang do the EXACT same thing 5 or 6 years ago and they replaced my tranny and clutch for free (was still under warranty of course though.)