Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch Pedal Adjustment Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
go_speed_engy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Adjustment Question

Hello,
I assum many of you are familiar with turning the pin the connects to the "fork" that connect to the clutch pedal in order to manipulate the position of the clutch pedal. I have heard the procedure done two ways. One involves merely rotating the pin. The other involves rotating the "fork". Either of these methods changes the position of the pedal. I am wondering if rotating the pin has additional impacts, specifically, is rotating the pin doing anything else other than moving the pedal, perhaps in a place where I cant see? I realize this is rather vague, but I am going under the assumption that readers will have done this procedure. Thanks!!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 AM
go_speed_engy

pretty please?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 PM
davidz33

I tried to adjust the clutch position by playing with rod and fork, but I put everything back to where they were. If I remember correctly, it's the slave cylinder that has a tiny sweet spot, so manipulating from the clutch pedal will most likely end up putting unnecessary stress on rest of the assembly. My suggestion is just keep it the way it is.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Barzten1

I totally agree....from experience
Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by go_speed_engy
Hello,
I assum many of you are familiar with turning the pin the connects to the "fork" that connect to the clutch pedal in order to manipulate the position of the clutch pedal. I have heard the procedure done two ways. One involves merely rotating the pin. The other involves rotating the "fork". Either of these methods changes the position of the pedal. I am wondering if rotating the pin has additional impacts, specifically, is rotating the pin doing anything else other than moving the pedal, perhaps in a place where I cant see? I realize this is rather vague, but I am going under the assumption that readers will have done this procedure. Thanks!!
get a factory service manual (available on cd on ebay for dirt cheap), set the rod length according to Nissan specs and drive knowing that you're car is setup exactly as it should be.