Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Perfect Power ECU update!!! WOW !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:36 PM
FiddlerG35c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jay u know what i'm gonna ask dont u?

can u test fit it on my G? :-D please??? those gainst are quite impressive for an ECU
Old 07-31-2003, 01:12 AM
zuffy

Nathan it's probably because TC didn't mess with changing the fuel pump pressure!?!
Old 07-31-2003, 07:06 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you understand what a 16:1 fuel ratio means?

Obviously a 14:1 is richer than 16:1 but to have a 16:1 A/F to begin with is seriously lean.

Originally posted by raceboy
Are you sure you understand how air fuel ratios are measured? 14/1 means 14 parts air for every 1 part fuel. Therefor 14/1 is RICHER than 16/1 because there is less air for each unit of fuel by volume.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:20 AM
j's350z

Default Reviews after driving!!!

I have put about 100 miles on the car so far with no problems. The car comes alive around 4000 rpm's and pulls hard all the way to redline. The car is also very smooth. I have also datalogged how its running and their has been no problems. Further driving impressions to come soon after I get more seat time. I have also met up with 4 other members last night who were all impressed with the results and are ready for the install!! To answer some questions, the bypass plug is not a harness, it is a chip that plugs into the smt6 harness to bring it back to stock conditions so you can bring it to the dealer. You can also plug it in if you ever want me to reflash the box with a different map. Fiddlerg35, yes you can be my test G, very soon. More to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:06 AM
G I Love My Car

Since you already have a test fit for a 6MT G35C, you also will need a test fit for a 5AT G35S. I think that I might have the perfect car for that. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:35 AM
j's350z

I would love to set you up with one but being that the Z and the G sedan are alot different than the Z and the G coupe, I am not ready to take that risk yet. I don't know how the map I have will act on your car. I would have to try one locally first. It may be close and then very feasable, but at $150 hour to find out, I would rather get the Z and G coupe perfect first. Keep checking our website for updates and keep checking the boards. I am sure I would guage the interest first before laying out the money to develop. If you have the wiring diagram for the Gsedan than that would help.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:32 AM
G I Love My Car

I have the service manual for the sedan, so if you can tell me what you need I wil be sure to get it for you.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:11 AM
j's350z

Email me the ecu section with the wiring diagram for the ecu with the pinouts for the harness. I would like to compere it to the Z
Thanks,
Jason
jays350z@aol.com
www.mrcmotorsportsllc.com
Old 07-31-2003, 10:31 AM
rsXploited

What kind of quarter mile times are we looking at with the ecu upgrade?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:08 AM
DMONTE

J. what times did you run last night at Raceway Park?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:58 AM
kgb

Default Re: Reviews after driving!!!

Originally posted by j's350z
I have put about 100 miles on the car so far with no problems. The car comes alive around 4000 rpm's and pulls hard all the way to redline. The car is also very smooth.

Looking the at your dyno graphs, your car should be alive across the entire rpm band. Is this not the case?
Old 07-31-2003, 01:28 PM
j's350z

The car definetaly has more power everywhere but it is ALOT more noticable from 3800 or so and up. It just pulls harder and pushes you back in your seat more... Last night I had major traction problems with 2nd gear. Don't forget I still have a base model with no lsd. It may be time to get the Kazz or Cusco lsd. Also launching isn't that easy with all that tq. I spun (not chirped)2nd gear all 3 runs so my times were 14.1, 14.2, 14.3. The problem is that when I shift into 2nd and drop the clutch, the car drops down to around 4000 rpms, and thats one of the areas that I picked up 25 lbs of tq... Maybe drag radials next ...
Old 07-31-2003, 01:32 PM
ihiustler
Banned

jay, i know u have heard this a million times, but when is it gonna be released?
Old 07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
apsilon

Default Re: Reviews after driving!!!

Originally posted by j's350z
To answer some questions, the bypass plug is not a harness, it is a chip that plugs into the smt6 harness to bring it back to stock conditions so you can bring it to the dealer. You can also plug it in if you ever want me to reflash the box with a different map.
Thanks for clarifying the bypass issue Jason although I don't see how it's going to be undetectable by the dealer.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:18 PM
99AllTurbo

Jason, what were the mph numbers on those runs?

Last edited by 99AllTurbo; 07-31-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:24 PM
MATIX

I'm a little curious as to how you guys got so much power gains, since the af ratio with the tuned ecu is pretty much the same as a stock z. And have you figured out yet why the stock af ratio was so high?? From looking at the af ratios, i would think the car would make more power stock since the af ratio was alot leaner than the tuned graph...
Old 07-31-2003, 05:08 PM
j's350z

To answer some more questions. The smt6 is undetectable with the bypass plug installed if they were to hook up to the data port on your car. Their computer won't be able to detect anything since your car is back to stock. This is also a great method to dyno new parts on your car and then with the smt6. You just unplug it and then plug it back in.. Obviously, if they were to take off the passenger side kick panel and drop the ecu, then they MIGHT see the wires.... Next, my trap speeds are always around 99-101.. I REALLY have a problem putting he power to the ground. I'm not a big drag racer but its always fun to test your mods. As far as the A/F ratio, the smt6 also modify's the timing don't forget.... You get more power with the perfect combination.. I'm not going to give away my maps but we tested a few different settings and decided this was the best combination of power and reliability. Thats also why we decided not to mess with the rev limiter. And the last question. WHEN???? We are hoping to install a few with the next week or two on some other members cars so they can report their findings. We will also dyno their cars before and after as well as mine again. We will also install a pre-cat wideband o2 sensor on all their cars so we can graph their before and after A/F readings..... After all that is done then we will be releasing them. I would estimate them being ready to ship within 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Paolo

Default FI question

I have just installed the ATI procharger. Will this piggyback system enable me to do away with the FMU that comes with that setup. I am looking to run more boost than the standard procharger kit which is set at 7 psi. I ultimately want to run 15-18psi, using different pistons at 8.5:1 compression, and larger fuel injectors. Will this piggyback system compensate for these changes, without having the ECU flashed ?
Old 07-31-2003, 06:13 PM
j's350z

No ecu will "adjust" on its own. We are going to be developing a map to be used with the procharger in the near future which will allow you to throw away their fuel management!! We have spoken to procharger direct and they told us you can order their system with any size pulley. But with the smt6, you can add an additional injector or change the timing or a/f ratio at any rpm. It really is a great flexible system. We will also be offering an upgrade to anyone who buys the smt6 now from us and then puts on the procharger in the future. For a small fee, you can unplug your unit, send it to us, and we will reflash it with the map for the procharger. Then you don't have to by their fuel management system which is a couple hundred dollar option.....
Old 07-31-2003, 06:46 PM
alphaz

Jason,
What is the cost of the PPPecu ?

Quick Reply: Perfect Power ECU update!!! WOW !!!