Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Just watch the Sport Z Mag Stillen video.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 05:01 AM
DavidD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just watch the Sport Z Mag Stillen video.

I just watched the video from Sport Z on the Stillen 350Z. I am not too impressed. They did not mention how much they spent on the car total but I bet it was a pretty penny. Dyno at 302 rwhp. With the supercharger but they did not mention what else was added. Also have heating problems with the SC and said that as it heats up performance decreases. Stillen said that you will most likely need to add an intercooler in the future for better performance and pulleys but did not mention the cost of the intercooler. They said the cost of the SC was $3750 and you will need a hood modification as well as we know from this website and that will start at about $800. The test drivers stated “feels like stock 350Z” with a little more power. What, what! If I am spending that kind of money to mod a car than it better not feel or sound like stock and better have way more than 302 rwhp with a SC and what else ever they placed on the car, exhausted, brakes, etc. They also said that this was the SC that Jaguar and Mercedes uses, so who makes it? Stillen or someone else? So at the end of the video I am not impressed. But I only watched the video and listened to the reports of the test drivers. From what I have read on this website the drivers of the procharger SC are much more impressed with the performance. I add this to the website because it was a very large file to download and I don’t know if you all are willing to download the 24 mb file. I have cable modem and it took about 4 min. If any of you have anymore questions about the video, ask.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:41 AM
cbsuper

Adding an intercooler makes a world of difference when it comes to supercharged or turbocharged cars. I wouldn't be surprised that after adding an intercooler to the Stillen supercharger that performance will increase by at least 10%. But it sucks that Stillen didn't fully test this charger before releasing it.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:52 AM
jesseenglish

Also for those that live in California, the intercooler or Aftercooler as it's called in that Stillen is going to offer will void the CARB certification for this particular SC. So it will be for "Off-Road Use Only", I don't plan on taking my Z off-road, how about you?
Old 08-24-2003, 08:31 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont think the procharger is CARB approved either, is it?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:02 AM
99AllTurbo

I though it was funny when the SMZ raced the stk roadster from a stop. When they were done, the driver of the SMZ says "I didn't pull on him like I thought I would." Sounds like he wasn't impressed either. Just my view. Just too bad the camera wasn't operated by a person rather than being fixed to see what the car difference was between the two. It's an ok video.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Jedi

Originally posted by cbsuper
Adding an intercooler makes a world of difference when it comes to supercharged or turbocharged cars. I wouldn't be surprised that after adding an intercooler to the Stillen supercharger that performance will increase by at least 10%. But it sucks that Stillen didn't fully test this charger before releasing it.
Why would having an intercooler make it not CARB legal? If the company has the money to get it certified/CARB legal, couldn't they include the intercooler as part of the package. The whole smog certification thing is a bunch of crap anyways, you know dang well the cars (FI'd or not) are cleaner than most of the old crappy cars on the road. Someone once told me that diesel burns cleaner than regular gas? Tell that to my lungs.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:28 AM
KONVERTER

stillins "off road" kit will be about 354RWHP.... (read their web site)... I belevive that gets rid of tthe cats not counting the interkooler..

ok i tink i need 2 sle3p n0w