Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

"burped" system wrong???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Igobigfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "burped" system wrong???

My Z just started blowing cold air when I was stopped/idleing and I noticed my coolant level was slightly low. I added coolant and still had the same issue so I attempted to burp the system. I parked on an uphill, removed the radiator cap and allowed the system to over flow antifreeze for 5 minutes or so. When this was complete I added more antifreeze to the overflow to replace the new antifreeze that was sucked into my system and within 250 yards of driving my car overheated instantly - and still blew cold air. It never had the overheating issue before. Did I do a poor/incorrect "burp" job and now for sure have air in my system? When I turn the car off I can hear "bubbling" from the reserve. Please help!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM
gotparts?

no you didnt bleed the cooling system correctly. you have to open the screw on the back side of the heater hose to the left. add coolant til it overflows. then screw it back in and let it warm up til the thermostat opens up. after the thermostat opens up you need to get in the car and crank it on hot and let it sit. bring the revs up to about 2 to 3 grand for 10 seconds then let it drop for ten seconds. repeat two to three times til the heater gets hot. shut it down and let it cool all the way down. after that cap off the radiator and take it out for a spin. check coolant level for the next few days. its a pain in the ***, i just go ahead and do the cooling mod and breather tank setup cause it takes the pain away from bleeding the cooling system. ALSO the car needs to be jacked up in the front pretty high to efficiently bleed the cooling system. good luck. if you have any more problems, im here in conroe texas. give me a shout on pm.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by gotparts?
no you didnt bleed the cooling system correctly. you have to open the screw on the back side of the heater hose to the left. add coolant til it overflows. then screw it back in and let it warm up til the thermostat opens up. after the thermostat opens up you need to get in the car and crank it on hot and let it sit. bring the revs up to about 2 to 3 grand for 10 seconds then let it drop for ten seconds. repeat two to three times til the heater gets hot. shut it down and let it cool all the way down. after that cap off the radiator and take it out for a spin. check coolant level for the next few days. its a pain in the ***, i just go ahead and do the cooling mod and breather tank setup cause it takes the pain away from bleeding the cooling system. ALSO the car needs to be jacked up in the front pretty high to efficiently bleed the cooling system. good luck. if you have any more problems, im here in conroe texas. give me a shout on pm.
What cooling mod and breather tank setup are you talking about?

The extra pipe from a Titon on the back of the block?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM
gotparts?

theres an easier way of doing it. i will be a sponsor on this forum come start of jan. i will post up easy diy's for people. i will be taking pics of the how to and doing a write up on it.