Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Bolt ons for the 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 03:17 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bolt ons for the 350Z

I need a little more juice for my Z. I want to know which mods wont void the warranty. Thanks
Old 09-11-2003, 03:29 PM
BlueBlur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally like Nismo parts b/c they are made by and engineered by Nissan and come with a one year warrenty from Nissan and don't void the warrenty. The headers take a few days to change out yourself and you to make sure they give you the gaskets for they.....
Old 09-11-2003, 03:43 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

intake, exhaust are the major bolt ons that should keep you safe.

the law states any mods you put it is the dealers burden to prove your modification caused the damage in order to deny the warrenty.

for intake, if you suck in something(rock, water) they could probably pin that on the intake, and rightly so. exhaust... not sure what could go wrong.

but even turbo, if you blow your motor cause of to much boost, yeah... but if it really is not related, your still ok. tho of course the things they can pin on your mods become greater the larger the modification.

for the record, the CAI from nismo is a rtune item which means it doesnt carry the warrenty(maybe it takes a year warrenty I donno, but not factory warrenty). I think headers might tho, along with suspension stuff, oh and the liscence plate holder... yup you dont void your warrenty with a nismo plate. hah.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:06 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by BlueBlur
I personally like Nismo parts b/c they are made by and engineered by Nissan and come with a one year warrenty from Nissan and don't void the warrenty. The headers take a few days to change out yourself and you to make sure they give you the gaskets for they.....
false, they are not built or engineered by nissan (except the LSDs), most NISMO parts are built by seperate aftermarket companies.

for example the exhaust is built by Fujitsubo, the headers by B&B, the brake pads by Hawk Performance, the wheels by RAYS engineering, etc.......
Old 09-11-2003, 09:31 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

A lot of components on the Z everyone has is built by other companies. For example, the stock Stereo is by Clarion. No manufacture makes all the parts. The issue is that if Nissan puts there name on it, they are putting their reputation on it and that carries more wt than a small time company just trying to sway you to buy their product based on performance specs and price but not necessarly reliabilty. That is why after market products tend to perform a little more than even Nismo. For Nissan, 3 more hp is not worth you blowing up your Z for.

The person that is attracted to Nismo often fits a different profile than the person that buys a after market product not associated with Nissan often times. You will notice some people here are buying all NISMO while others are going for maximum performance by any manufacture. The big question is how much risk are you willing to take?

Last edited by zland; 09-11-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:53 PM
MY350Z.COM

just to add

plugs made by ngk
nav made by xanavi
radiator made by calsonic
track wheels by rays engineering
track brakes by brembo
track pads by ferodo

many others
Old 09-22-2003, 06:24 PM
TopSecretZ33

don't mean to be a jerk, but i thought the exhaust was made by Weldina. maybe it's different for the R-tune, i don't know, but i was under the assumption that all Nismo exhausts were made by Weldina, not Fujitsubo. And headers by B&B you sure? not refuting it i just never thought Nismo would go to an American company for their headers. just my thoughts.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:34 PM
apsilon

Just to confuse things further there are Nismo items and then there are Nismo USA items. The headers for example are a Nismo USA item (not listed in the Nismo Japan catalog and not available there) which explains why they're made by a US company.