Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

I cleaned the Throttle Body, now I'm noticing odd problems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
masksqueeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I cleaned the Throttle Body, now I'm noticing odd problems.

Long story short: When starting the car on occasion, the engine would turn over fine, idle up, then drop to 0 and die. After taking the advice on the forum, I took the TB off, doing so I noticed a lot of carbon build up inside and out, I then used the CNC (sp?) throttle body cleaner, sprayed it up and cleaned it out. Re-Installed, did the IAC, TB Sensor, and ECU re-learn reset procedures.

So, the car dieing when starting has gone, thankfully, but now, I'm noticing some odd issues. For instance, if I'm cruising in 3rd gear at say 3k rpms and I take my foot off the gas pedal, the car deaccelerates more rapidly, it feels like an instant loss of power, as if the TB is slamming shut. When this happens and I apply more throttle, the RPMs on the tach jump around ever so slightly up and down, and it smooths back out. It's the weirdest thing ever. Also, when I push the clutch in and come to a stop, the RPMs climb up for a second and dive back down to idle. I did the relearn procedures once again, I didn't notice any difference.

And if it helps, I DON'T have any CELs. It's starts and runs fine, just seems to have some weird acceleration and deacceleration issues.

What the hell? I'm thinking this TB is shot. Any clues?