Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

04' vq35 quick general questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 AM
sunburst350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04' vq35 quick general questions

i have an 04' enthuisiast auto/ its bone stock.

I was wondering what spark plugs u all like to run. the stock ngk Laser platniums or ngk iridium IX's. I atually bought the car used with
bosch plat+4's and I swapped them for the iridium IX's the car works great and Ive street raced in my town on our cruise nights and ive taken out a few good cars with those plugs being stock " two 06 s2ks" a 94 celica GtS "JDM turbo motor" a couple of 09-04 GT mustangs and a turbo 08 ls integra. among others. so the car is pulling hard. Im about to change the plugs and wanna know which plugs you guys find better the stock or the iridiums or maybe Denso. Ive been in the racing game a while with 2 Turbo DSM's and 2 5.0 mustangs but Im new to the VQ game.

also what do u all find better the JWT popcharger or a K&N drop in. Ive heard that the popcharger sounds wicked . LMK your opinions.

What shift point is right for our cars? right now im going to the redline shifting at 6600 rpms. have u all found a better shift point for the 03-05's

my next mod after the intake will be the 5/16" motordyne spacer and maybe the rear. do the auto enthusiast come with VSLD's or open diffs. if theyre open im gonna swap in a standard VSLD with at least 3.5 gears.

Thx in advanced
and I appreciate any and all help

-Steve

Last edited by sunburst350z; 09-08-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 AM
GIANNI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you did all that racing with a bone stock car and won!those (spark plugs) must be some bad *** mod.BTW stop street racing your going to kill someone or yourself.If you into racing so much take it to the track where it a little more in control. i not trying to be a d..k but your going to get a new azz hole cutout here

Last edited by GIANNI; 09-08-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, I don't even know where to begin with this post.

I don't see this ending well.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM
cwv_558

You beat all of those cars?

You're lucky that 100-shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 AM
sunburst350z

Are you guys saying that the 03-05' Z's are that slow. anyone who owns one should know that the Z should hang right in there with any one of those cars. and well mines and auto and im not dumb enough to try and stall it at 2200rpms and watch my tires light up. Ive been doing this racing scene for awhile and know what Im doing, Ive done all the work on my previous cars and will do the same with the. And i know street racing is bad but our local track has been closed for over a year and we do it in sucluded areas like at some warehouses that are closed off that our buddies let us enter. the thing I find annoying is that everyone tries to bash the noobs on these "BIG" sites cause some ppl have personal opinnions. I get it street racing is wrong ok. Lets move on. if u all dont wanna have any actual input on this then fine dont help me , but keep the smart comments to yourselves. I actually like this site. its the only 350z sight i visit. and I would like to keep liking it instead of viewing it like all the other sites where ppl lose track of the question and set out to get their personal views across

Last edited by sunburst350z; 09-08-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Show me your mad racing skills here: https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840...ons-stock.html

Last edited by davidv; 09-09-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
sunburst350z

Originally Posted by davidv
Show me you mad racing skills here: https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840...ons-stock.html
sounds good. Im thinking about taking a trip to the valley "I live live in south texas" and doing a couple trips down the 1/4 there. I wanna make some baseline runs before I start the mods. my fellow 350z owners here dont thing the 13's is possible from my auto but we'll see. Ill get a pic of the timeslip and keep u posted.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Toby-22

haha nearest track from me is 2hrs away. There is an abandoned air strip couple min away from me, might take a visit lol
Old 09-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Dark8lue

dude an abandoned airstrip would be awsome. i would drive mine out on our runway here at the base.....lol dont think they would like that to much......
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
WhiteNoiz

"ive taken out a few good cars with those plugs being stock"

seriously? the plugs did it?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
sunburst350z

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
"ive taken out a few good cars with those plugs being stock"

seriously? the plugs did it?

should a 350z lose to those cars? my impression is all of them run in the same basic time frames. as in the plugs werent that bead considering our owners manual says to only put in the platinuim. hence the question. so u guys never change the spark plugs im assuming. since u guys like to post but add noting to this topic whatsoever. i e; what plugs are u running
Old 09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
cwv_558

Originally Posted by sunburst350z
should a 350z lose to those cars? my impression is all of them run in the same basic time frames. as in the plugs werent that bead considering our owners manual says to only put in the platinuim. hence the question. so u guys never change the spark plugs im assuming. since u guys like to post but add noting to this topic whatsoever. i e; what plugs are u running
No, basically what we're trying to say is a stock 350z is faster than all of those cars already. And that's on a road course or a drag strip. Spark plugs aren't going to make your car any faster unless the ones in your engine look like they've been sh*t on. And you don't need a colder plug unless you've done mods that would raise the temp inside the combustion chambers, though it won't hurt I don't think.

And street racing is pointless. If it's at your buddies warehouse and private, then that's fine.
But if you even acknowledge the idiot in the integra/civic/neon/etc revving his engine at the redlight beside you, you're just as bad as they are.

btw, if your buddy really has room for you guys to race, then tell him to buy a tree, some timing equipment, and a bunch of safety stuff, and get him to open up his own little cheap drag strip since the one around you is closed. I'm sure you're not the only one that misses being able to race.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
sunburst350z

Originally Posted by cwv_558
No, basically what we're trying to say is a stock 350z is faster than all of those cars already. And that's on a road course or a drag strip. Spark plugs aren't going to make your car any faster unless the ones in your engine look like they've been sh*t on. And you don't need a colder plug unless you've done mods that would raise the temp inside the combustion chambers, though it won't hurt I don't think.

And street racing is pointless. If it's at your buddies warehouse and private, then that's fine.
But if you even acknowledge the idiot in the integra/civic/neon/etc revving his engine at the redlight beside you, you're just as bad as they are.

btw, if your buddy really has room for you guys to race, then tell him to buy a tree, some timing equipment, and a bunch of safety stuff, and get him to open up his own little cheap drag strip since the one around you is closed. I'm sure you're not the only one that misses being able to race.
Thx for the input. and so im gonna go with the NGK iridiums IX. and no i dont randomly race on the street for stoplights. we hjave some recent good news and the track at our county line has been purchased and hopefully will open soon. I suppose ill mod the car in the mean time, although I wanted to get a good baseline run and crack the 13's stock

thx guys ive found the info i needed looking everywhere. mods and close this thread thx