Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Weird issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Midnightblue04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Weird issues.....

Has anyone had these problem before...

First, new battery, spark plugs, wires. Filter is clean..no vaccuum leak that I can hear.

Car starts fine on a cold start....after the car warms up to the reg temperature. I park it and turn it off and then restart it again and the car starts and dies. Try it again same thing. Starts and dies. Only way to keep it started is by pressing the gas pedal a little right before it dies. I'm just hoping there's nothing wrong with the fuel pump or anything. Any Ideas?

Also,

First, changed wheels spacers, bolts, lugnuts and rode without spacers.
Then, thought it was the brakes...replaced rotors, calipers and pads
And dealer fixed the weird bolt problem from the recall in the rear
Same issue

Driver side rear of my car is making a weird click, clatter, clunking noise. It only happens under 10mph and comes and goes. Doesnt happen all the time but very often. Seems to be louder after i hit a speed bump and roll. I've asked alot of ppl and they werent sure what it was. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
SRT8-Jeep

Regarding your first problem, the throttle body is probably dirty. The ECU constantly compensates for buildup in the TB by opening it wider and wider to idle. When you disconnected the battery the ECU "forgot" about the buildup and went back to the amount the throttle plate opens on a clean TB so no air can get through to let it idle because of the dirty throttle body...this is why it shuts down right after it first fires up, and also why it idles on a cold start because the TB is open farther on a cold start to raise the RPMs and warm the engine so it is open far enough for air to get around the dirt buildup. just clean your throttle body and it will re-learn its idle for a couple minutes and you'll be fine

Also, the clicking/ clunking is happening because the axle needs to be re-greased and re-torqued. Theres a DIY in the engine and drive train DIY section about how to take out your axles, grease them, and tighten and replace the necessary hardware...worked great for me

EDIT: heres the link to fix your clicking problem

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...rear-axle.html

Last edited by SRT8-Jeep; 10-22-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Midnightblue04

Thanks! I'm gonna try the first one this weekend...should I disconnect the battery before cleaning it? Cause I heard since its electronic...if you move it..it will mess it up...What spray should I use?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 PM
SRT8-Jeep

I would disconnect it just in case and so it has to relearn the idle anyway. just find any spray that says for throttle bodies and make sure you wipe it with a rag and open the plate to clean it on the inside too.

just make sure the battery is disconnected for at least 30 minutes in total so the ecu re learns idle. It might idle high and blip itself for a few minutes after but dont worry the ecu is just working itself out