Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

what clutch with CD009 transmission? need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
boosted99gst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z400rwhp
Please update us on what the final verdict is. Thanks in advance....
I will absolutely update when I have facts. That's the whole purpose of this site in my opinion. My shop is now attempting to have my warranty company cover a new flywheel as it's springs currently have some play in them. Which means I may not have an answer tomorrow. Either way i'll post when I know something. Adam from Z1 took the time to PM me with some more info (impressive move, I'm a first time customer of Z1, but have been very impressed so far.) To sum it all up, Exedy only offers one replacement clutch for model years 03-06. So regardless of the transmission, the clutch works for both. Again, I'll post once everything is assembled and working, but that was comforting to know.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Just supply the shop a JWT setup, thats what i did. The only mod i didn't install myself.

Last edited by terrasmak; 12-17-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 PM
my-red-pony

If the mods in your sig are whats currently installed on your Z....I'd expect your warranty to be voided on the spot.

I had to slip the mech at nissan $100 to over look my test pipes. I guess at a smog certified shop if a car cant pass smog they cant work on it. Kinda gay i hate cali.

Last edited by my-red-pony; 12-16-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 AM
boosted99gst

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Just supply the shop a JWET setup, thats what i did. The only mod i didn't install myself.
I wish I could. Unfortunately if I want the warranty company to pay for it, the shop is required to run OEM parts only. I could purchase an aftermarket flywheel and have the labor covered, but some birthdays and christmas have depleted my "extra" money account, this is just a bad time of year for this to of happened. I'm going to see if I can get a Nismo flywheel covered considering it'll be coming from Nissan.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i recently started getting some vibrating/slight griding issues w/ 5th gear. planning on consulting w/ nissan soon...
Old 12-20-2009, 04:47 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

when they put my cd009 in i had somewhere around low 60k mark on the car. The tech was very cool about helping me out and said that he would work to get as much warranteed as possible. It ended up they would replace the whole clutch assembly with no extra labor if i paid for the pressure plate (which they wouldn't warranty). 300$ and change and i had a new trans with completely new clutch assembly (flywheel, pressureplate, etc). Not a bad deal. My car was stock at the time.

truthfully in your shoes, i would add a slightly upgraded clutch to the mix if you plan on driving it a little harder than normal. JWT combo with stock flywheel would work great and wouldn't cost much over stock parts. They might not even charge you extra labor (or maybe 1 hour).
Old 12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z400rwhp
Do you think they will be able to tell? (the JWT looks very "stock") I have been wondering how in depth they go into things? I am going to have my work cut out for me returning my car back to stock for all of this. I am almost considering canceling the warranty and taking my refund and just buy a news trans and install it myself
The JWT clutch looks very stock because it is. I had one sent to me to inspect and to my total shock it was a stock disk with Stock clutch linings! Only thing that was different was the stock linings had the blank rivet holes filled with rivets. The stock disk has some holes that are not riveted. All the original stock rivets were still in place proving to me the linings are "Stock"
The pressure plate however was upgraded to about 2300lbs of clamp load.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:40 PM
boosted99gst

Ok, so after getting an exedy oem replacement clutch, new oem flywheel, and the cd009...the car shifts very smoothly...but the clutch pedal offers little resistance..almost hard to tell if it's disengaged or not. anyone else have this happen?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:28 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted99gst
Ok, so after getting an exedy oem replacement clutch, new oem flywheel, and the cd009...the car shifts very smoothly...but the clutch pedal offers little resistance..almost hard to tell if it's disengaged or not. anyone else have this happen?
i don't remember what mine felt stock. I have an os giken twin disk and after driving my mom's minicooper for a day and then hopping into my car my clutch is a monster. Definitely not light pedal feel at all.

if you have light pedal then enjoy it!