Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Flywheel Advice! Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
rubabealf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel Advice! Help me out!

This is my first post on any forum! And i was wondering about the Flywheels out there! I know about JWT, ACT, exe and was wondering about the cheap ones if anyone out there had ever used or heard of them being used like

F1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RA...EEL-03-06-350Z G35_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad5ba3503QQitemZ390132806915 QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

XTD
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-P...Q5fAccessories

Thats right the ones on ebay, from my experience i had a XTD clutch kit installed on a 240SX and when is seemed to work fine but when i took it apart to rebuild the motor the clutch was well... off balance/didn't line up right but still worked but you can tell it was int put together with much care, but on other ones I've seen they looked fine. so i know ebay stuff is hit miss.

So whats your guys take on the Ebay flywheels?

thanks

____________________________________________________________ _____

05 Performance, with carbon 2way, tein master flex coilovers, hotchkiss sway bars, SPL front A-arms and rear camber, meggan Tie-rods and test pipes, 5/16 plenum spacer, magiflow cat back, headers and intake. installed my me and i drift the car at evergreen speedway in WA
Old 01-06-2010, 12:03 AM
hellsoldiers08

my350z.</B ebay. Ebay= Flame jus fyi
Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 AM
rubabealf

Default What have you seen bad with ebay ****?

I know you get what you pay for! what bad **** have you seen happen from ebay parts? IE what were the parts and what happened?

Me my self have seen coilovers leak after one day of use!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good. Install it and give us updates at 10,000 mile intervals. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM
CTS13

Ive never tried those clutches before but i will be on my 240sx. Its a **** car, **** clutch, **** drive. Who cares.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM
rubabealf

Why is every one avoiding the question? i was wondering about the flywheel not ebay or about 240SX, exe i want to know about the F1 Flywheel! the BMW forums subaru, mazda, and other 350Z forums say that its a great flywheel. has anybody here used it?

the F1 web page
http://www.f1racingtech.com/products/fwstd.html

dose anybody have anything intelligent to say?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:47 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This forum seems to hate ebay, and a bunch of people will tell you to buy from a vendor on this site. The weird thing is, a bunch of the vendors on this site also sells on ebay. Confusing indeed.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rubabealf
Why is every one avoiding the question? i was wondering about the flywheel not ebay or about 240SX, exe i want to know about the F1 Flywheel! the BMW forums subaru, mazda, and other 350Z forums say that its a great flywheel. has anybody here used it?

the F1 web page
http://www.f1racingtech.com/products/fwstd.html

probably because no one knows the answer

if you searched and didn't come up with much it generally means it's not widely used. Why? Who knows. You could always try it and let us know
Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

ya man, when it comes to my car i tend to do the needed research and make my own decision.

I would recommend the JWT flywheel as it is fairly priced and comes with a replaceable contact surface which is also reasonably priced....

IMHO the price difference and having the replaceable clutch plate surface is worth it as i track my car often and i see a clutch/flywheel as a wear and tear item and have it in my mind as something i will replace again and again as need be......the replaceable clutch surface aids in that...where are you with an F1 would need to replace it! thus costing you more than what a JWT with a spare surface in the first place......

plus, as a good factual point versus those you listed - I myself and many on this site have used the JWT - and it holds up great.

i want to know about the F1 Flywheel! the BMW forums subaru, mazda, and other 350Z forums say that its a great flywheel. has anybody here used it?
sure you found info on other sites...great, thats good research on your part.....make a decision.....but this is the first time i have even heard of F1 flywheels on here so that tells ya something there too....

-J
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM
rubabealf

Ya thanks for the info, I go track my Z a lot as well! you do get what you pay for and the fact that i kick the **** out of my Z up at Evergreen! i was just wondering if anybody has heard or used them!

They clam that it is balanced up to 12000 RPM and the weight was taken from the outside of the flywheel witch make alot of difference were you take the weight off. Its one piece and its made out of billet steel witch is a very hard steel but they dont tell me what it was temp it was heat treated witch make a big difference on the outer teeth witch crack and break off EZ if heated to much but will help it last longer on the mating surface.

with dose anybody know of a good place to get ahold of a used flywheel? ive been looking but no luck!

Last edited by rubabealf; 01-07-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

your car already has a used flywheel inside it...you can just reuse it if you don't feel like taking a chance on some unknown brand

The upside to a 2 piece flywheel (JWT) is the repleable friction surface. The bad part is that those friction surfaces are bolted to the flywheel itself. So, you have to keep your fingers crossed that the bolts come out, and then go back in correctly, and are torqued properly to spec to avoid major damage. With a one piece flywheel, it can be resurfaced at least once, sometimes more than once. Neither is better nor worse, it is all personal preference. Cost wise, they are all in a similar ballpark
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The problem with those flywheels (china) are they are very thin and warp easily. Also, when they are that thin they cannot absorb and dissipate heat quickly enough causing premature clutch ware. Pretty sure they cannot be resurfaced either..