Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

New vendor with a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003 | 06:56 AM
MSM Racing

Default New vendor with a few questions..

First, and Introduction...

We are a newly founded tuning company origianally specializing in the Subaru community. Since I, as one of the partners, own and love my Z, we have decided to move into this community and spread our knowledge here as well. Our goals are a company are to offer a product that differentiates us from the rest of the market and keep our overhead costs down so we can pass on the saving to the customer. That being said, we have big plans for the Z. We see a great need for many new products and will begin development soon. I don't want to tip our hand just yet, but keep a lookout for quite a few things...

Now for the questions..

We have been toying with the idea of becoming a Greddy distributor for a while now. With the advent of the Greddy TT, this might just be the push we need to get the ball rolling. The queistion is, how much demand is there for this product? It would be offered at *very* good pricing, but i would need commitemnt from at least 2 people before we can decide to move forward. So, let me know what you think.

Steve
MSM Racing

Last edited by MSM Racing; 11-07-2003 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-07-2003 | 07:01 AM
yobri
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Very HIGH demand.

Me, maybe after tax time next year (but really gotta exercise discipline...)
Old 11-07-2003 | 07:23 AM
toykilla

I am strongly looking at this product.. its up in the air right now till we see some definite numbers from greddy and the competition.. vortech is putting up a supercharger that has me thinking and there is the power enterprise kit coming available also.. it will definetly be a decision that weighs price/availability/performance/future upgradeability.... i want something i can eventually increase the power significantly .. even if it takes doing internal mods..

so short answer yes i am interested.. i cannot commit till i see everything unfold the next month or so.. i plan to buy in the spring
Old 11-07-2003 | 07:26 AM
peptidbond

HUGE demand. Plain and simple.
Old 11-07-2003 | 08:22 AM
SoFl_G

There is a lot of interest both here in the Z community and also the G-35 community for the turbo systems to finally make it to market. Once these systems appear for real, I suspect things will take off. IMHO, the G-35's could be the Grand National's for the 2k's and we will need an aftermarket and vendors to support us
Old 11-07-2003 | 08:50 AM
MSM Racing

Good guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will make the necessary moves to get this stuff together. Look for finalized pricing very soon.
Old 11-07-2003 | 08:54 AM
ckny

thanks! in addition to the tt i'm sure you'd get good results offering the greddy aero kit and exhaust when it's released. =)
Old 11-07-2003 | 10:55 AM
azrael

Originally posted by SoFl_G
There is a lot of interest both here in the Z community and also the G-35 community for the turbo systems to finally make it to market. Once these systems appear for real, I suspect things will take off. IMHO, the G-35's could be the Grand National's for the 2k's and we will need an aftermarket and vendors to support us
"Grand Nationals of the 2k's" ??

The G35 and the GN couldn't be more different.

one is a factory boosted iron block V6 in a Buick built for all-out straight-line performance, the other is an all-aluminum N/A V6 in a luxury sport coupe/sedan.
Old 11-07-2003 | 11:04 AM
SoFl_G

So the GN had an iron block, what of it. For the time it was produced it was a hell of a car and compared to MOST of it's contemporarys it was not all that a bad handling car. Most owners now go by the motto "Fast with class" It also had a huge following in the aftermarket. I have been wondering how one of those "iron block" boat anchors would do for powering a G or 350Z for that matter. If the Iron it too heavy there are always the stage motors. And I would love to see a VQ approach the power of a stage motor.
Old 11-07-2003 | 11:16 AM
seanrulz

OMG Toykilla! I know who that girl is in your avatar! Saw her picture at some adult website (lol) and loved it.
Sorry for hijacking the thread though
Old 11-07-2003 | 11:47 AM
azrael

Originally posted by SoFl_G
So the GN had an iron block, what of it. For the time it was produced it was a hell of a car and compared to MOST of it's contemporarys it was not all that a bad handling car. Most owners now go by the motto "Fast with class" It also had a huge following in the aftermarket. I have been wondering how one of those "iron block" boat anchors would do for powering a G or 350Z for that matter. If the Iron it too heavy there are always the stage motors. And I would love to see a VQ approach the power of a stage motor.
I wasn't focusing so much on the iron vs. aluminum aspect.. more the "factory boost" versus "tweaked for NA" aspect. The VQ will never be what the LC2 was, and the G35 (or Z) sure as hell will never perform on a drag strip the way a GN can. They're two radically different vehicles. I just don't see the comparison.

Either way, more to the thread's subject.. a larger VQ aftermarket is definitely a good thing.
Old 11-07-2003 | 01:42 PM
swifty949

This kit is generating a ton of intrest. If that equals to a lot of sales, nobody knows yet.
Old 11-07-2003 | 01:50 PM
rouxeny

The interest for the Greddy TT kit will be very very high.

Just look at the number of people who have already installed Procharger kits. There are a lot more people interested in FI, but waiting for other (turbo) options.

I'm very curious, but I want somebody else to do the first install.