Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

engine cranks wont start / key wont program

Old 12-16-2010, 07:33 PM
myclean350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine cranks wont start / key wont program

hey guys first of i want too thank those who helped me clearing out that i will need the transponder in order for the remote starter too actually work, i was going too install that too bypass the transponder, but did not know i needed an original working key.

for those who dont want too read the whole thing long story short, my car wont start, in other words, dealer can not program my keys too the car, and im trying too bypass the security on it for it too run. details below.

So however my car does not start i dont know for what reason, im assuming its the bcm but im literally tired of wasting money on it, so my car after i bought it from an auction started, (2007 convertible 350z). so my dad had one of the touring models which did not start, in other words the key would not program to the car, so after several tries, i went and swap ignition, bcm, ecu, and see if that will work, too my surprise the car fired up and ran clean, no problems whatsoever. so i figured it was the ecu (which now i doubt it) anyways i bought that took my ecu, and bcm, back not the ignition, (steering columne) so after fixing painting my car, i go too the dealer too get it programmed, car is in the lot so i get in it fire it upp and let it run for 1-2 seconds assuming key is programmed and will run, i tow it home, get in it try too fire it up nothing, just cranks, i checked everything, so i figured might be the ignition that went bad since thats the only thing not original from the car, i order that from the dealer, go try programming it again, he tells me car fired up no problem i get it in it wont start, so i bring it back home thinking somethings missing ill keep looking, so i brought it home went online and read somewhere if you put a nonprogrammed key in the ignition the security wont let u start the car even with a programmed key after that try, so i thought that might've been the problem i bring it down too the dealer once again which is always a 45 min drive, he tells me when his computer is plugged in my car the car will fire up no problem, once he disconnects his computer the car shuts of, wont fire up. so right now im trying too figure out how to start the car up without wasting more money on it, one more thing i was wondering since only dealer can fire it up, if i install the remote start, would he be able to program the transponder to the remote control/bypass, or would i still have too use a key with the transponder in it, in order too keep it running/driving it any help would be greatly appreciated!
best regards, yuriy.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:51 AM
workZ

I had that same problem and after doing some research and no help from the dealer its something called a smart entrance controller unit, it consist of a unit and antenna, You should change both.. that solved my problems and my car hasnt had the problem for two years now..
Old 12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
myclean350z

Originally Posted by workZ
I had that same problem and after doing some research and no help from the dealer its something called a smart entrance controller unit, it consist of a unit and antenna, You should change both.. that solved my problems and my car hasnt had the problem for two years now..
hey thanks! can you please direct me too where i could get one?
best regards! yuriy.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Jarred@Z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

its a dealership thing they have to program it by looking it up in the system and a bunch of other mess.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:18 PM
myclean350z

Originally Posted by Jarred@Z1
its a dealership thing they have to program it by looking it up in the system and a bunch of other mess.
workz said (no help from the dealer) which of course i didnt get either. so im kinda lost. havent found the problem yet. any tips, info, ideas, would be more then greatly appreciated i want my car on the road!!
thanks for the help guys!
best regards.