Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

SuperCharged Stock 2004 350Z coupes

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 09:44 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SuperCharged Stock 2004 350Z coupes

Has anyone heard about the 2004 coupes being offered with SuperChargers; is it by the dealership(s), or NISSAN themselves? And, does anyone know which supercharger is being used, which manufacturer, or is it a Nissan proprietary SC?

Will it be based on the roots or centrifugal model?

Or is it just a rumor?!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gerald
Old 11-28-2003, 10:13 AM
abstrakt

i have an '04 and i never heard of this as an option so i don't think it's true...wish it was though...i would have jumped on it
Old 11-28-2003, 10:21 AM
az240z

Some dealers here in Phoenix are adding both the Stillen and the Ati Sc's to their cars.

Ax240z
Old 11-28-2003, 10:28 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gerald, I believe Dream Works is going to be offering their supercharger through authorized Nissan dealers with a warranty.

Below is some information Performance Nissan posted as I believe they will be installing these.

Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger
The Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger System for the 350Z / G35 / FX-35.

* Eaton 90 Roots type Supercharger
* Power output of approximately 400 hp at the crank shaft
* Dual water to air intercoolers
* Dual Auxiliary injectors
* Stainless steel braded fuel hoses
* High volume fuel rails
* Full length intake runners
* Off throttle bypass
* ECU Upgrade
* No hood or body modifications
* Construction is of lightweight cast aluminum
* Dream Works SST systems have a 3 year / 36,000 mile limited power-train warranty (warranty serviced by authorized Dream Works / Nissan / Infiniti Dealers.
* 50 State emissions legal with standard Boost
* Boost capabilities up to 12 PSI with internal engine modifications.
END QUOTE
Old 11-28-2003, 11:01 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Interesting, now we ATI ProCharger adopters need to figure out how to upgrade and incorporate the following to our systems:
  1. ECU upgrade/flashing firmware
  2. More efficient fuel pump (eliminate ATI inline fuel pump and mechanical FMU)
  3. High volume fuel rails
  4. fuel pressure regulator
  5. knock sensor/timing retard management(J&S UltraSafeguard group buy)
  6. larger more efficient injectors
  7. By pass valve (better quality)
  8. Better intercooler
  9. oil cooler (even a bigger oil pan with cooling heatsinks)
  10. Wideband oxygen sensor
  11. Silicon hoses.

These are some of the upgrades I plan to invest in for 2004. Any other suggestions/recommendations for our SC(s) systems?

Happy Thanksgiving!
Gerald
Old 11-28-2003, 12:15 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

A Nissan dealer can add on any modification to a car of theirs but it does not make it a Nissan approved product. Be careful if you buy it from a dealer on when it was installed. I BELIEVE that if it is already on the car when it is new, the dealer has to warrranty it BUT if you buy a new car and then they pull it back im their garage and add it with one mile on it, they do not have to warrranty it as a new car with that mod. Again, if i am wrong, someone can correct me on that. It may sound like i am splitting hairs here but it is a big issue to me if i know for sure what is exactly covered by the dealer when i buy it.

At this point, Nissan itself does not offer any SC product. Everything else you hear is rumors and not written in stone by any means. Trust me, if anyone had an agreement with Nissan and theirs was "a Nissan approved SC", it would be posted all over this site and people would be buying them I am sure.

The Stillen and DW SC kits are talking about a warranty but to clairify it, those warranties are back by a 3rd party insurance policy, not DW, Stillen, or Nissan itself. The warranty is only as good as the company that backs them and i do not know much except the name of the company.

Some people here even complain about their Nissan dealer backing their car in stock form (tire feathering etc). I am sure some of those posts are valid and others are not. All I can say is be sure to DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you buy a SC especially concerning a warranty.

Good luck, Jeff - zland
Old 11-29-2003, 09:20 AM
alex30327

Just an urban legend
Old 11-29-2003, 04:50 PM
spazpilot

grubbs nissan in dallas is selling 350z's with the ATI procharger. Don't know about warranty just saw one in the show room and yes it was new.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:57 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally posted by az240z
Some dealers here in Phoenix are adding both the Stillen and the Ati Sc's to their cars.
Ax240z
What about Phoenix az240z

spazpilot do you have any details of the procharger system that grubbs nissan in dallas is installing on their Zees?

Thanks
G

spazpilot do you have any details of the procharger system that grubbs nissan in dallas is installing on their Zees?

Thanks
G
Old 11-29-2003, 06:00 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

WHO?
Old 11-29-2003, 06:12 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
do you have any details of the procharger system that grubbs nissan in dallas is installing on their Zees?

Thanks
G

Nope just saw one when I had some service done on mine but will try to get some info come monday.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:42 PM
synergytheory

Originally posted by EnthuZiast

WHO?
Ditto! WHO???
Old 12-01-2003, 09:27 AM
kaminariZ

Default not a myth

Nissan is planning to include some form of forced induction to their Z in the future. They said that the 2005 will be making HP numbers ranging from 350-475. not a myth at all.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:40 AM
12yearZ

kaminariZ, where did you hear that from? Nothing personal, but none of us have heard anything remotely solid about anything other than the few changes made to the 2004 Zs. If you have verifiable information, we'd all love to see it.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:42 PM
bldrz

as far as factory installed i have heard of nothing in the works. however nismo is currently working on a turbo kit for 350z and the sentra spec v. both will be r-tune. i work for a nissan dealer and we currently have a stillen sc z with nismo flywheel, nismo headers, stillen exhaust and injen cai. custom made pulley for sc puts out about 8-9 pounds.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Haji

Default Re: SuperCharged Stock 2004 350Z coupes

As far as I'm concerned, its just a rumour.
The same with the Q45 (V8) engine.

You can trust on me, because I know a lot of people working in Ginza.

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
Has anyone heard about the 2004 coupes being offered with SuperChargers; is it by the dealership(s), or NISSAN themselves? And, does anyone know which supercharger is being used, which manufacturer, or is it a Nissan proprietary SC?

Will it be based on the roots or centrifugal model?

Or is it just a rumor?!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gerald
Old 12-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Haji

I asked nismo directly.

They clearly mentioned that they have no plans or developments with any sort of forced induction (turbo, sc, etc)
FYI, here they have a tuning programme called "Sports Resetting" which rips you off 550,000 yen for a flywheel and a very very minor tuning (maybe 15 hp or so), but no turbos.

Nismo also mentioned that they are developping a further tuning menu. But thats also without forced induction, though.

Originally posted by bldrz
as far as factory installed i have heard of nothing in the works. however nismo is currently working on a turbo kit for 350z and the sentra spec v. both will be r-tune. i work for a nissan dealer and we currently have a stillen sc z with nismo flywheel, nismo headers, stillen exhaust and injen cai. custom made pulley for sc puts out about 8-9 pounds.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:30 PM
sentraracer

In Phoenix the Nissan dealership on 19th ave and Bell had a coupe with a stillen supercharger. They were asking 43k for it i believe, and the salesman i was talking to said they wouldn't let anyone drive it before buying it. It also had stillen exhaust installed. They claimed 363 horsepower.
Anyways, hope that helps for the AZ guys. I can't remember the name of the dealership right now, but i'm sure you guys know which one it is.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Donald0730

Truth or not, this won't be the first time that dealers have offered major upgrade packages. I think the Mini Cooper has an option to add a new DOHC head, upped boost, and exhaust. But this isn't from factory. U buy the car U like, then ask for the JCW package and they install everything in house.

Here I found a article about it.

http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?...&page_number=1

"John Cooper Works (JCW) offered its first upgrade kit in late 2001, bumping output of the naturally aspirated version of the Mini Cooper from 115 to 132 horsepower. We won't see that package in North America, but we will see the latest version, developed for the supercharged Mini Cooper S. The kits are currently available through 71 Mini dealers in the U.S. and Canada."

"Like the kit for the naturally aspirated car, the one for the supercharged S model is designed to enhance engine output only—no suspension or brake upgrades. It's a straight bolt-on, entailing a reprogrammed engine-control chip, a revised cylinder head, a new supercharger, a smaller supercharger drive pulley, and an upgraded exhaust system designed to reduce back pressure."

"...the U.S. price for the kit at about $5000, a figure that includes the nine-hour installation process, to be handled either at the port of entry or through a dealer."

I wish they had an option like this for the 350z/g35c. I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:16 AM
12yearZ

I was thinking about it this morning, and I highly doubt Nissan will be adding Turbos/Supercharger to the current Z model. They will make more money keeping the car relatively tuneable, and letting the aftermarket folks deal with the boost.

Besides, there is no reason for them to turbo. Nothing else in the Z's class has a turbo. The reason the older Z's got turbos is because other cars in their class were getting turbos.

So until something else in the Z's class gets a turbo, don't get your hopes up.

Quick Reply: SuperCharged Stock 2004 350Z coupes