Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Permanently Turn Off Traction Control?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
hellogoodbye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveJackson
My, my, my... Someone's cranky. I'm guessing you're all the way up to 18, so I can see why you're mad. Once you polish up a pair of rears (that your fat stacks of cash can easily afford) perhaps Post #1 from here:
https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/530671-not-a-good-night-2.html
will be in your future.
You never know, I'm fully insured so if I spin it into a curb or something then its not the end of the world. But that said people just don't know how to drive, not bragging but its just the truth.

As far as the tires, c'mon your driving a 15K+ car and worried about 300 in tires? Iv'e got friends who light up 44's on lifted diesels that are 1K a piece - now that is stupid!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

lol wut?

this thread sucks...
Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Too cool for TCS you are.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 PM
John1006

Originally Posted by Junkster
lol wut?

this thread sucks...
This.....lol
Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
hellogoodbye

Originally Posted by davidv
[img]Too cool for TCS you are.
Yeah, me and the other couple hundred or thousand people who have or are buying the memory switch to keep it off...

Seriously most of you posters have made a really good argument for Nissan to not even have the switch at all - in your minds why not just have it permanently on 100% of the time? Apparently Nissan doesn't agree with you guys either, and the option to turn it off does exist.

Again, I don't really find the safety in having a moving car stall down to 10 or 20 mph and leave you hanging in the middle of an intersection or something - I actually would cal that UNSAFE
Old 07-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hellogoodbye
Yeah, me and the other couple hundred or thousand people who have or are buying the memory switch to keep it off...

Seriously most of you posters have made a really good argument for Nissan to not even have the switch at all - in your minds why not just have it permanently on 100% of the time? Apparently Nissan doesn't agree with you guys either, and the option to turn it off does exist.

Again, I don't really find the safety in having a moving car stall down to 10 or 20 mph and leave you hanging in the middle of an intersection or something - I actually would cal that UNSAFE
I agree, I dont think i have ever driven a RWD car that had traction control...

Im still alive! what a miracle lol
Old 07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
DaveJackson
Master

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hellogoodbye

Then yours is malfunctioning.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Neimad

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I turned that crap off for 3 years, 6-7 days a week at least twice a day. It's good exercise for my finger and having to remember to turn it off helps me remember how to use Google before posting questions that start threads like these.

Plus it works right if you have the right size tires.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
hellogoodbye

Originally Posted by Neimad
I turned that crap off for 3 years, 6-7 days a week at least twice a day. It's good exercise for my finger and having to remember to turn it off helps me remember how to use Google before posting questions that start threads like these.

Plus it works right if you have the right size tires.
If your proud of yourself for punching a button 700 times over that 3 years to save $40 out of your pocket for the memory switch, then more power to you. But it reminds me of the show LOST where they sat around in the bunker punching that button 2 times a day for no reason at all..

Last edited by hellogoodbye; 07-27-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Neimad

Well, given that I've spent more money on the suspension and dff than the car is worth, its not about $. And I just discovered that something as simple as a business card can be used to retain the switch in the pressed down position.

I'll sell you my business card switch depressor for $25, you save money and its lighter than the module.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
hellogoodbye

Well, given that I've spent more money on the suspension and dff than the car is worth, its not about $. And I just discovered that something as simple as a business card can be used to retain the switch in the pressed down position.

I'll sell you my business card switch depressor for $25, you save money and its lighter than the module.

Seriously, $40 is too much for you to spend? you'd rather have a business card wedged into your 10 or 20,000 dollar cars dash. Whatever floats your boat..
Old 07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Neimad

Nevermind, stupid computer ends up thinking switch is dead and turns TCS back on with the switch disabled till next start.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Neimad

The switch doesnt bug me, I've known about KP for at least 2 years. I know when to spend $40 and when to use Google.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM
hellogoodbye

Nevermind, stupid computer ends up thinking switch is dead and turns TCS back on with the switch disabled till next start.
Yeah, I was kind of wondering how keeping it depressed would do anything. Its just sending a signal everytime its "clicked" - it not a switch that stays depressed or stores a memory of being depressed or not depressed. I think this box for $40 basically tells it to send the signal every single time you start the car, that is why it has to be wired to an ignition cable if I understand it right.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Neimad

It does send a constant signal while depressed, I watched the ABS datasteam with a scanner. After about 10s depressed the system turns back on and disables the switch until key off. I pulled the switch and tried various combinations of connections but I can't leave it disabled or even kill the light signal to the cluster.

Pulling apart switch tomorrow to see if I can reverse things in there.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM
hellogoodbye

It does send a constant signal while depressed, I watched the ABS datasteam with a scanner. After about 10s depressed the system turns back on and disables the switch until key off. I pulled the switch and tried various combinations of connections but I can't leave it disabled or even kill the light signal to the cluster.

Pulling apart switch tomorrow to see if I can reverse things in there.
Just buy the box for 40 and then do a writeup on how to install it on the forum! I'm thinking its going to be a pain to track down a wire with an ignition signal, unless I wire it into my stereo cables.. would be cool to see how other people have done it.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Neimad

I have a solution finally. I had to accidentally destroy the TCS harness connector and burn out my new KP module before I thought of it though. Basically all you need is a momentary negative signal to the TCS switch output after the key is turned on. I'm going to put a relay inline with the starter signal. The relay will have a path to ground and a wire to the switch output on the other side. The relay will close the circuit in start and open in run, turning TCS off.

Hopefully I will not be lazy tomorrow and go to radio shack for a relay to see if this works.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
bigcloud

One thing I haven't noticed is that you haven't said I'm going to the track so I need the TCS off. In my book you're just another poser who drives fast on the street. Quit whining like a girl about a button. Take it to the track where you REALLY need to turn it off. Leave the aggressive street driving for tards.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Neimad

Are you replying to me or OP?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 PM
DaveJackson
Master

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

I have a solution finally. I had to accidentally destroy the TCS harness connector and burn out my new KP module before I thought of it though. Basically all you need is a momentary negative signal to the TCS switch output after the key is turned on. I'm going to put a relay inline with the starter signal. The relay will have a path to ground and a wire to the switch output on the other side. The relay will close the circuit in start and open in run, turning TCS off.

Hopefully I will not be lazy tomorrow and go to radio shack for a relay to see if this works.
So, wait... This kills vdc AND turns the dash light out as well?? That was your beef, wasn't it?

Quick Reply: Permanently Turn Off Traction Control?