Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ACT StreetLite Flywheel VS Z1 Lightweight Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Earmuffs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACT StreetLite Flywheel VS Z1 Lightweight Flywheel

They look super similar and I think the weight is the same are they fabricated by the same company or...?

Is one better? Just curious as I have found both for roughly the same price

*EDIT* NVM I'm stupid...

It looks as though they weigh the same but as I have read ACT took the weight off the circumference and that let them leave more material behind the friction surface to allow for more heat dissipation. So seems not that I used my brain ACT wins this one...

This post/thread is useless and can totally be deleted... *EDIT, MAYBE NOT USELESS?*

*edited again* 11/17/2001

This is definitely my crappiest thread ever...

Originally Posted by davidv
I would have to look at and read about both before commenting. And I am not researching the internet.

Just a note for members asking similar questions: You post photos. You post links to complete product descriptions. This is not my homework assignment.
I was not looking for someone else to do "my homework". I had read somewhere that the JWT fly wheel was made by Fidanza, and they do look identical... I thought maybe the Z1 and ACT shared a similar relationship and this was common knowledge that could just be confirmed with a yes, or no...

I am new to the 350z so I thought I could be out of the loop on this one. For the record I did do a search and all I found was JWT Flywheel vs ACT Streetlight Flywheel, or something of that nature.

This pic of the Z1 HR flywheel looks like there is no trimming of weight from the circumference.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...600&page=popup

Here however the Z1 flywheel presented as a package with their clutch seems VERY similar to the ACT Streetlight.

Z1 Flywheel other picture (from combo):

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...795&page=popup

ACT Streetlight Flywheel:

http://d5otzd52uv6zz.cloudfront.net/...485d95-800.jpg

Both of them weigh roughly 17lbs...

Now that I compare them side by side you can definitely see a difference... so I guess I just needed some sleep. Hopefully someone finds this thread helpful, or at least goo for a laugh

Originally Posted by Czarrr

Last edited by Earmuffs; 11-17-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Czarrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 AM
tpinto0260

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...ng-clutch.html
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would have to look at and read about both before commenting. And I am not researching the internet.

Just a note for members asking similar questions: You post photos. You post links to complete product descriptions. This is not my homework assignment.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Earmuffs

Originally Posted by tpinto0260
HAHAHA, Thanks for the only useful post in my thread
Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 AM
07_350z_JP

so what did you decide on? Did you find a really good deal out there? my HR is being redone so figured Id throw a new cluthc/fly in since the motor is out.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Earmuffs

Originally Posted by 07_350z_JP
so what did you decide on? Did you find a really good deal out there? my HR is being redone so figured Id throw a new cluthc/fly in since the motor is out.
Got all my stuff from Joe @ ZSpeedperformance.com

I liked working with him and he put fourth a lot of effort to bring the Heavy Duty CSC (Slave) to market for 07+ Z owners. I really would like to encourage people to buy from him.

ACT StreetLite Flywheel
South Bend DXD
ZSpeed HD CSC
OEM Flywheel to Crank Bolts

Redline MT-85
Motul brake fluid

While I'm at it:
Hawk HPS Performance Front Brake Pads
Hawk HPS Performance Rear Brake Pads

And then ordering some tires off TireRack

I really like everything I picked. If you are just having the engine worked on you should be fine with my setup. If you are pushing some higher numbers you might want to look to a higher stage clutch & pressure plate combo or maybe a multi-plate clutch & PP.

Regarding the flywheel it's not installed yet but I spent a lot of time looking to what I should get. The two things I was considering were chatter and dropping weight for rev matching. I was really turned off by all the talk of the JWT and the chatter people mentioned. I was going to go with a Southbend Clutch DXD Billet HR 350Z/370Z Single Mass Flywheel but when I realized I was only dropping 5lbs over OEM Dual Mass and still had no drive line dampening. I said eff it I'm going light. I was not prepared to deal with the JWT chatter but from what I read the ACT S.L. seemed a fair compromise between that and OEM.

Now just to keep things in perspective the car has test pipes and and full dual Greddy TI-C Exhaust it is quite loud as it so I did not want tons of noise from a flywheel but a little more is not hardly gonna hurt...

Oh and the HD CSC... I don't really feel like that needs explaining. It was the first product I knew I was gonna buy. It's my policy to do it right the first time with the best parts possible.

I really took my time looking into all options, OEM parts included, so if you have questions feel free to pick my brain.

HTH, Let me know what you end up doing, and post back on whats up with your car

Last edited by Earmuffs; 11-29-2011 at 08:01 PM.