Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

"Shifty" Shifted Performance: My experience.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm sure it's not what you want to do, but I would lawyer-up. The car is ruined. This is the kind of place I would no trust to do an oil change. Good luck.

PS - they seem proud of their work. From their website:

About Shifted Performance

Shifted Performance was only an idea, a vision of one man's dream of becoming a successful shop owner. The most important thing in business is Honesty, Integrity, and Hard work, Tony began to piece together and build his dream. With the recipe for success and going against all odds with little to no help, Tony Malke ( Owner and Head Technician ) developed and created a place of Ingenuity, Creativity and a place where clients can watch their visions unfold. And thus Shifted Performance became a reality.

When it comes to quality work, no one can surpass Tony's creativity and reliability. With years of experience in custom fabrication, motor swaps, interior, audio, wire harnesses and exterior; anything is possible. So when you choose to partner up on your custom build with Shifted Performance, you can rest assured knowing this company is here to please their customers with the highest quality jobs, products and services
Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 PM
end of z world

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm email please.
Lawyer, or start breaking knees. Although he states he's not responsible id say you have a very valid case, its clearly not a small claim. At least give your lawyer a call, hell I'm going to court for my daily driver (99 Saturn sl2) POS paid $275 for it, but its worth it. If someone did that to my baby they would never live to tell the sad tale.
Much love for you man, and I was so excited to see another head in a common dream that I too share, but jb weld and porosity in welds that are $75? And multiple incorrect installations? Like I said, much love....here for ya...

Last edited by end of z world; 04-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM
end of z world

Tell them to get the pics of your car off their damn page they ****ed your engine and have the dignity to have that up are you serious
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
secwind

Sorry to hear. That shift **** is puke.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
end of z world

Originally Posted by secwind
Sorry to hear. That shift **** is puke.
I just puked up 2.5 year expired kettle corn. Didn't know until it was too late. **** looked immaculate next to that deformed **** bead. Don't weld it if you wouldn't stamp your name on it. Pride my ***
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 AM
deeno

i really dont understand how "hes not responsible".....the car was at his shop under his supervision. a "tech" and himself "worked" on this car...right?

$16k and you get a car that was cheaply built? but its not their fault basically? come the **** on....i usually lurk & dont post on builds but this is insane...take the legal route...**** that!

hope everything gets resolved man
Old 04-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lawyer up and make a claim. He provided a service and failed miserably. Getting him to pay will be a whole other issue even if the judge is on your side. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah this is lawyer territory. Body work is whatever imho, stuff like that happens when you 'get a deal' and the build takes a while, but the engine knock, turbo failure etc is a completely different story.

This guy deserves to get run into the ground. Don't fear to stand up for yourself.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:01 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Glad you made this thread for future Car owners period! Many of us get wronged by shops and never speak up! I appreciate you holding folks accountable.

If you don't pursue them negative media is just as bad, granted your sorry is legit. Create thread on all local sites, contact the BBB. Just keep pushing man!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be hesitant to pursue them in court. I was in a worse position with NCR Performance five years ago and tried pursing them only to waste money on a lawyer and find out you can't get any money.

I call for bad press and cut your losses. Feel free to PM me if you want and I can give you some more info on the challenges of pursuing a performance shop.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 AM
BornSlippyZ

Man I did not want to see your car end up like this. I followed your thread intently to see your project through and was hoping to see this car put together properly. What was this shop thinking when they did this sh!tty work?!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:09 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I could have done a better job in my garage. That's pure crap work! Like a few above me have said, I would get a lawyer. I think you have a pretty good leg to stand on. Even someone with NO mechanical experience can see how shotty the workmanship is. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Glad you made this thread for future Car owners period! Many of us get wronged by shops and never speak up! I appreciate you holding folks accountable.

If you don't pursue them negative media is just as bad, granted your sorry is legit. Create thread on all local sites, contact the BBB. Just keep pushing man!
yeah and if you need inspiration about how it can pay off, read the thread on the guy who bought the GTR from that dealer....

tell that shop to "prepare their angus"
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 AM
pmab9918

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quamen
I would be hesitant to pursue them in court. I was in a worse position with NCR Performance five years ago and tried pursing them only to waste money on a lawyer and find out you can't get any money.

I call for bad press and cut your losses. Feel free to PM me if you want and I can give you some more info on the challenges of pursuing a performance shop.
Damn that sucks, what happened with you? That is a lot of money to just cut your losses.

Travis can you pm me his email? One of my old professors (lawyer) gave me advice with a body shop issue I had last winter. I can ask her for some advice if you want me to.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Ask for a new GTE block or press court action... GL either way that car is headed for win even in it's current state. If all else is well then a block swap isn't the end of the world.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1158

Last edited by Highway Riding; 04-10-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added link to new shortblock
Old 04-10-2012, 06:19 AM
bigcloud

Sorry to hear what happened to you mang. I hope that you can recover and have a fully finished car so you can enjoy it. In the mean time they still have pics of your car on their Facebook page.

LET THE ANGUS PUMMELING BEGIN!!!

http://www.facebook.com/Shiftedperformance
Old 04-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Quamen

Originally Posted by pmab9918
Damn that sucks, what happened with you? That is a lot of money to just cut your losses.

Travis can you pm me his email? One of my old professors (lawyer) gave me advice with a body shop issue I had last winter. I can ask her for some advice if you want me to.
They built a custom single turbo for me and blew my engine up and ruined a lot of things on my car. They also bought eBay cheap stuff when I paid for name brand. This was also when a used motor was $6,000. Cost me just shy of $30,000 to repair and get back to a beatup stock car since the car was still fairly new and parts were expensive.

Bottom line is that without perfect documentation of the agreement it is near impossible for a judge to make an impartial decision. Add in that there is no true benchmark for this swap to use as a comparison against. Labor deals where you also get half off make the case even shadier unless there was documentation as to the standards that would be maintained. The op will be hard pressed to collect money even if he did win.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
They built a custom single turbo for me and blew my engine up and ruined a lot of things on my car. They also bought eBay cheap stuff when I paid for name brand. This was also when a used motor was $6,000. Cost me just shy of $30,000 to repair and get back to a beatup stock car since the car was still fairly new and parts were expensive.

Bottom line is that without perfect documentation of the agreement it is near impossible for a judge to make an impartial decision. Add in that there is no true benchmark for this swap to use as a comparison against. Labor deals where you also get half off make the case even shadier unless there was documentation as to the standards that would be maintained. The op will be hard pressed to collect money even if he did win.
Hope op is good at breaking knees
Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 AM
RyuuChi

I am! LoL. but seriously i read ur build thread cover to cover. That's so upsetting, i cant imagine how you mist be feeling. i agree that you should at least bury this guy in legal fees from lawsuits, at a bare minimum...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you said 16k in a build, he gave you back half of labor, which is 2k. labor is only 4k. so basically, you aren't out as much as you make it seems. good luck on your future build. that shifter is just horrible.

Quick Reply: "Shifty" Shifted Performance: My experience.