Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

DIY RHD Clutch Pedal / Bracket Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 PM
bigwhizkid3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY RHD Clutch Pedal / Bracket Mod

I got my RHD 2006 Z for a couple of months and I was having a hard time with the clutch pedal and clutch engagement.

The biting point for the clutch is a small window about 2-3mm. Not to mention the previous owner change it to OCR twin plate clutch. Making it even harder to engage.

I managed to get hold of a RHD clutch pedal with bracket by chance and decided to modify it. The RHD bracket and pedal is totally different from the LHD model.

After some measurement, I started drilling into the spare pedal and bracket. I also hated that the pedal go way far down before it stop, so I decided to at one bolt to control how far the pedal move to stop.

For the top bolt, I used a longer bolt and a stack of washer to hold it in place.

So far had it installed last night and I was happy with the result. The clutch is much lighter and the biting point is slightly wider. Need some minor adjustment to my liking and it is done for now. I will likely do a full bracket to hold the pedal.

Below some pics I took.

Assist Spring

Hole Drilled on Pedal to shift the point upwards

Hole Drilled on the bracket

Additional Bolt to stop the pedal

All put together in a test fit

The pedal on the RHD is quite difficult to remove. One of the nut is located under the bracket. Access is also very limited due to the BCM bracket blocking most of the place.

Hope this is useful for anyone who wants to DIY for RHD.