Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Question about Throwout arm pivot ball

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:08 PM
michaelmoon912

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Throwout arm pivot ball

I recently had to replace the clutch and flywheel on my 05 Z, I picked up a spec billet steel flywheel and an exedy nsk1000 kit off amazon because i wanted to keep it close to stock but have a little better stuff.

Finally got the car started yesterday and the clutch is not disengaging all the way, and the clutch pedal is sticking right at the top of the engagement point, about where it seems like its touching the pressure plate fingers then after that it has about another inch and a half of travel on the pedal.

My question is since i have the short pivot ball in there right now would switching to the long pivot ball fix the clutch disengagement point? To me it seems like the arm is not extending far enough into the pressure plate to clamp on the clutch disc because the wheels will spin as if slipping the clutch but the pedal is down to the floor.

also theres a real bad grind in gears 3-6 and 1-2 are extremely notchy compared to before the clutch and flywheel swap.

Also new master and slave about 500 miles ago as well as flushing and re-bleeding last night.

So what i figured was it comes down to the throwout arm not getting enough travel into the pp fingers not disengaging the clutch all the way making it stick and harder to shift.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by michaelmoon912; 06-17-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:05 PM
hueyja

Default nismo

try a nismo throw out bearing and pivit ball they are cheap and seem to fix this issue the best i do not no y but it works
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
michaelmoon912

well a longer pivot ball is definitely not the solution, what confuses the hell out of me is that the clutch will disengage at the bottom of the pedal stroke, the first 3 inches of pedal throw have non existent pressure as it snaps past the neutral spring zone and sticks right at the engagement of the clutch, but it wont return it just stays at the bottom resting on the fingers of the pressure plate.

but the slave is moving the clutch arm for the full throw length of the pedal its just not returning like it was when i had the factory nissan clutch and flywheel. could it be my pedal adjustment is way off due to the new pressure plate and flywheel?

Ive exhausted every possible reason why its not returning and disengaging the clutch at the middle-top of the pedal throw like the oem nissan parts were. Im ****ing stumped and it sucks to see my car on jacks lol