Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Na 380+ rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

how about checking out what i build and there is a single one doing that and no there isnt room for improvement that have everything pretty much you can get for a NA car so how about YOU go **** yourself and learn how a car works
on top of that it was a hub dyno so how about we call it like it is and say closer to 340 being generous.
spend as much as the FI guys and get just over half the power and half the reliability yah good idea.
Originally Posted by jetpilot777
Speedstar 350z is 372RWHP and there is room for improvement you dumb ****. You go "learn how a damn car works" before you speak *****
Old 09-30-2012, 06:29 PM
jerryd87

funny
http://www.prewitt.net/cars/car_Nissan350GS.html
that definitely says 350 whp so wheres the 420 coming from? grand am racing is very restrictive on the rules for compression ratio and cams

now the jgtc engines make 420 whp too bad its a 4.5L v8

and those who comment about wt having bigger cams...........sure you will make more if you think you can safely rev your engine to 9k, since the cams sg used make power still to 8k. cams dont make much power at all most are only a couple ft lbs of torque............ what they DO is right or leftshift the power band because 250 ft lbs of torque at 7k is ALOT more hp then 250 ft lbs of torque at 5k. if you notice most times the peak torque only changes minimally and most of that is just better timing actions then factory or a better tune for power.

your heat management deal? ummmm im running a cheap *** mishimoto radiator, stock fans, and a cheap $30 tru cool oil cooler unit. not even close to the best you can get and my coolant dosnt go past 190 and oil temp dosnt go past 185 even after repeated WOT runs with oil running through a hot *** turbo so you have no valid point. i guarantee you my engine will survive longer at 20 psi boost i have it set at right now then your "380 whp" na motor will. take that bet any day and twice on sunday

in fact i took it through some twisty's here not t long ago 85 degree day temps dint go above what i stated above(actually oil temp dint even hit 180 so the oil cooler dint do ****.) and that was a 40 minute drive, hitting speeds far above what i can post here.

your best comment was "enjoy your low hp vq" might as well just exit stage since im over 600 hp to the wheels on a legitimate dyno.
Originally Posted by XChacalX
cool stay in your world then . as if he was manipuling those numbers ,, haha

them how can those VQs that are being used in Grand Am race car have up to 420whp ? N/A Power only.

ohh ok they are also manipuling their number to a higher number ? ok... cool
I didnt know

Last edited by jerryd87; 09-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM
jerryd87

oh you mean the FI forum? obviously none of you check there very often because while i may be a ******* ive shown i know wtf im talking about.
Originally Posted by pss350z
Go back to youtube or streetfire or wherever else you came from you lunatic.

Last edited by jerryd87; 09-30-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM
jerryd87

hit the nail on the head rod, im tired of idiots anything worthwhile anymore is pretty much done through email or pm's i update my thread but thats about it and not really discussing anything there.

of course i still say no to NA you just cant compete with the engine speeds needed =/ gotta remember engine speed puts just as much stress as a bigger boom from FI the engines are no more reliable and make significantly less power.

for your last post rod, you dint add the secret sauce to the engine thats why its so low duhhhh.
Originally Posted by KingBaby
The guy who created this thread is a noob. He created this thread in the wrong fashion.

Those that have researched know what is what. It's bickering like this that had driven many from this site, and sharing in general.

We know of Sasha's car, many don't know of the 8 or so other vehicle that are right behind it. That's where the stupid remarks towards NA comes from.

I would like this thread closed to prevent more retardation of this site.

Many other threads that can be bumped with a question on details, and experience with thier build!

/ MODS close this thread!

Last edited by jerryd87; 09-30-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM
XChacalX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Good info you added!

380whp how to get there on my HR? I'm all ears, let's talk.

I currently have PPE LTH/AAM y-pipe/AAM Single/tuned hasn't been redynoed.

Previously at 284whp-291whp. I'm guessing once retuned I still won't see 300whp.

What's you thoughts?
get proper breathing mods that is tuned to your cams
once this is done you will gain quite a lot

even if the PPE is somewhat copycat of the SGM step long tube header , it doesnt mean they are tuned to your cams ,, the primary is surely longer or shorter , bigger or too small ,,,
even if PPE is a reputable company ,, it doesnt mean they made a perfect LTH

just look at what they offer on the HR platform ,,, they have how many configuration ?? one gave more top end and the other more mid-range ...

this is mostly one of the biggest part of the breathing mods that you must be carefull to what type of headers you get.

then that Y-pipe of yours ..
It migth look soo nice with those beautiful welds and shiny tube.. but that setup is garbage.
why ?
the job of the y-pipe is to scavange the exhaust flow from both headers/tp/hfc/cats ..... that y-pipe is what I would call ,, a half working y-pipe.. once the 2 pipes are connected the airflow become disturbed and greatly reduce the scavanging effect that an y-pipe/x-pipe should do ...
you might want to look at what and how Burns exhaust are made for exemple.

again yous is not so good for HPs !

I just realised that AAM y-pipe is a dual 2.5"to single 3'' ...
thats wrong ... you have more flow in those 2x 2.5 than that 1x 3''
soo when the exhaust gas goes in the single tiny 3'', backpressure is created ...
again . not good for top end Hp !!!!

your y-pipe back exhaust fit fine with the aam y-pipe ...

ofcourse you will gain with those 2 item (ppe header and aam y-pipe)
but you arent getting the most of it..

most bolton that are sold arent good at all and only offer an happy medium

built a real effective header with the proper lenght , propper reducer,collector ,diffuser... you will gain quite a bit more.

but remember the cam you are using ,, if they are small you get small result !
bit cam that permit a lot of flow = more HPs !!!

SGM did proved that what the engine need and what is a big bottleneck ,,,
VQ want to breath !!! you should read more what he did accomplish ,, iff you already did ,, then read again...

people complain that 372 whp on a DE non-rev is ********,
its because the market made them beleive it cant be done because there is soo much aftermarket that are wrong and just there to make money.
they do give some gain but there is more to be gained.

if you put everything together correctly, the result is big !
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rude is correct. Church's dyno is notorious for reading high. It has so for years on many different platforms.

Nuthuggers start slipping when the blinders start coming off.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 PM
XChacalX

Originally Posted by jerryd87
funny
http://www.prewitt.net/cars/car_Nissan350GS.html
that definitely says 350 whp so wheres the 420 coming from? grand am racing is very restrictive on the rules for compression ratio and cams

now the jgtc engines make 420 whp too bad its a 4.5L v8.

man you an i d i o t ..
those Grand Am car make more but are restricted.
get you facts straight man because you just lowered yourself with that link.

get in contact with Nick @ http://www.5523motorsports.com/ who made those Grand Am race engine for AM Performance and also Doran
one of their engine went up to 420-440 whp and lived up to 12000rpm with his upgraded oil pump gears

man before comming here trying to put someone down
get you fact straight and get the proper infomation

Last edited by XChacalX; 09-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
XChacalX

your heat management deal? ummmm im running a cheap *** mishimoto radiator, stock fans, and a cheap $30 tru cool oil cooler unit. not even close to the best you can get and my coolant dosnt go past 190 and oil temp dosnt go past 185 even after repeated WOT runs with oil running through a hot *** turbo so you have no valid point. i guarantee you my engine will survive longer at 20 psi boost i have it set at right now then your "380 whp" na motor will. take that bet any day and twice on sunday

in fact i took it through some twisty's here not t long ago 85 degree day temps dint go above what i stated above(actually oil temp dint even hit 180 so the oil cooler dint do ****.) and that was a 40 minute drive, hitting speeds far above what i can post here.

your best comment was "enjoy your low hp vq" might as well just exit stage since im over 600 hp to the wheels on a legitimate dyno.
again you make laught quite hard now ... you talk for someone that does some sprinted drive on the street ..
good for you that your setup is good ..

but go on the track and going 10/10 ,, let see how long your perfect setup will last... since you have that 600whp ... then beat everybody timing on the track that where you will go ... you have 600 so you should beat everybody that has less power ...
hahah

just dont go slow but always 10/10 ,,,

edit; its funny that you say you only have a cheap *** 30$ trucool oil cooler and barely get 190F during your sprinted run...

I remember when I had a setrab 25 row on my stock HR ... I was hiting easily 240F going all out ...
so if you arent going higher than 200F with that cheap *** oil cooler ,, then you arent pushing your 600 whp very much

Last edited by XChacalX; 09-30-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 PM
jerryd87

oh yes im a idiot they make so much more so says random idiot 9876, two lived up to 12k rpms with upgraded oil pump gears huh? shows how much you really know since they are all running dry sumps. i have my facts correct you do not, how about going and reading the rule book? Grand Am racing rules state you MUST run stock compression ratio, and you CANNOT run any cams more aggressive then factory performance pieces. so why is someone spinning a engine to 12k when the cams give out around 7500? quite mixing bits you see from 12 different racing classes and not expect someone to call bs on it.
man you an i d i o t ..
those Grand Am car make more but are restricted.
get you facts straight man because you just lowered yourself with that link.

get in contact with Nick @ http://www.5523motorsports.com/ who made those Grand Am race engine for AM Performance and also Doran
one of their engine went up to 420-440 whp and lived up to 12000rpm with his upgraded oil pump gears

man before comming here trying to put someone down
get you fact straight and get the proper infomation
Old 09-30-2012, 07:18 PM
jerryd87

spirited driving thats good, yah i totally switched to mechanical TB to eliminate traction control and the speed limiter because i do "spirited driving" lol thanks needed a good laugh. how about driving it hard enough that you can see my headers glowing through hood vents at night time. they have no tracks on this island, my ets is november 2014 though name your track

go ahead though keep making yourself look like a fool trying to argue against actual racing rules it is thoroughly amusing. especially the 12k rpm thing considering anything under 3.8L is only permitted a maximum rpm of 8600
again you make laught quite hard now ... you talk for someone that does some sprinted drive on the street ..
good for you that your setup is good ..

but go on the track and going 10/10 ,, let see how long your perfect setup will last... since you have that 600whp ... then beat everybody timing on the track that where you will go ... you have 600 so you should beat everybody that has less power ...
hahah

just dont go slow but always 10/10 ,,,

edit; its funny that you say you only have a cheap *** 30$ trucool oil cooler and barely get 190F during your sprinted run...

I remember when I had a setrab 25 row on my stock HR ... I was hiting easily 240F going all out ...
so if you arent going higher than 200F with that cheap *** oil cooler ,, then you arent pushing your 600 whp very much

Last edited by jerryd87; 09-30-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM
XChacalX

oh yes im a idiot they make so much more so says random idiot 9876, two lived up to 12k rpms with upgraded oil pump gears huh? shows how much you really know since they are all running dry sumps. i have my facts correct you do not, how about going and reading the rule book? Grand Am racing rules state you MUST run stock compression ratio, and you CANNOT run any cams more aggressive then factory performance pieces. so why is someone spinning a engine to 12k when the cams give out around 7500? quite mixing bits you see from 12 different racing classes and not expect someone to call bs on it.

you dont beleive me ,, contact Nick at http://www.5523motorsports.com/
Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks for the lengthy reply....

I do have injen long tube intakes

Y-pipe what do you recommend? They pretty much all the same? With out cracking the motor the HR barely gets out of 300whp on a respectable dyno.

Tune is the big part of this. While a tuner will tune for power will still tune For reliability! Unlike a racecar that is gonna be running ball out!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM
jerryd87

dosnt matter what he says he is trying to make himself look good the fact of the matter is if he is running 12k rpm(im gona say bs anyway but w/e) he is NOT running a grand am engine because the cams will definitely not be permitted nor is that rpm per GRAND AM RULES

even if i do contact him im guessing he has no idea what im talking about because no one runs anything but a dry sump at that rpm, if he is his engines arnt lasting very long i dont care what gears he put in there because there is still going to be cavitation in the oil.

try arguing with someone who dosnt build engines its more your level.

hell if he actually is spinning a vq35 that high im actually very unimpressed because he isnt even hitting 200 ft lbs of torque which means w/e he is running is complete garbage since thats only about 70% VE and not even worth mentioning a 3.5L should be making much more power then that when spun that high. its not like a f1 engine with a tiny *** stroke, it should still be making decent torque

in fact looking on there own page it shows they still have NOT finished there vq gears yet, dosnt seem like they have been around very long either and with the exception of having an available option to destroke a de(why? get a billet crank and can rev to 12k anyway, already going through the work to have a new crank made anyway or adapting another one.) its all just a rehash of what other companys have been doing for years.
you dont beleive me ,, contact Nick at http://www.5523motorsports.com/

Last edited by jerryd87; 09-30-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM
XChacalX

spirited driving thats good, yah i totally switched to mechanical TB to eliminate traction control and the speed limiter because i do "spirited driving" lol thanks needed a good laugh. how about driving it hard enough that you can see my headers glowing through hood vents at night time. they have no tracks on this island, my ets is november 2014 though name your track

go ahead though keep making yourself look like a fool trying to argue against actual racing rules it is thoroughly amusing. especially the 12k rpm thing considering anything under 3.8L is only permitted a maximum rpm of 8600
wow all you want is to push me down and try to have the last word or what ??
ayway that 12 000 rpm was to test his chromoly oil pum gear and their used those engine ... they arent running 12 000 during a race
what do you think ,,, they does testing to see how good parts are ..

but again with a lot on this forum you bash peoples that knows a bit more than you ...
and yes they can use big cam dont be fooled by what you think you know

2-3 General Engine Requirements.
2-3.1 All engines must be production-based. (GRAND-AM may require changes in bore and stroke or other specifications in some circumstances.) GRAND-AM may approve other engines.
2-3.2 Maximum engine RPM, throttle body size/diameter, valve lift and size, and the maximum compression ratio may be specified for each approved engine. Engine air box and inlet air restrictors may also be required.
2-3.3 It is mandatory that all major components and parts be for sale to the general public in a regular product offering. GRAND-AM must approve all components/parts prior to use in competition.
2-3.4 All approved components/parts and modifications will be specifically listed for each eligible engine. See GT-SCR.

I can discuss more in that topic because you can face the facts that they do use big cam but are restricted
its not only in Grandam race .. but every Racing organisation ,, people are already being restricted and find ways around that.

again you wont beleive me on this because you dont know better..

good night !!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KA24DE
Shut up.
No. Unless you have some info or proof to refute my statements, GTFO and DIAF.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 PM
XChacalX

dosnt matter what he says he is trying to make himself look good the fact of the matter is if he is running 12k rpm(im gona say bs anyway but w/e) he is NOT running a grand am engine because the cams will definitely not be permitted nor is that rpm per GRAND AM RULES

even if i do contact him im guessing he has no idea what im talking about because no one runs anything but a dry sump at that rpm, if he is his engines arnt lasting very long i dont care what gears he put in there because there is still going to be cavitation in the oil.

try arguing with someone who dosnt build engines its more your level.

hell if he actually is spinning a vq35 that high im actually very unimpressed because he isnt even hitting 200 ft lbs of torque which means w/e he is running is complete garbage since thats only about 70% VE and not even worth mentioning a 3.5L should be making much more power then that when spun that high. its not like a f1 engine with a tiny *** stroke, it should still be making decent torque
wow you are such a tool that you keep arguying .. and actualy you are the one that is trying to look good ...

in racing is all about research & developpment..

that is something you CANT understand
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM
XChacalX

in fact looking on there own page it shows they still have NOT finished there vq gears yet, dosnt seem like they have been around very long either and with the exception of having an available option to destroke a de(why? get a billet crank and can rev to 12k anyway, already going through the work to have a new crank made anyway or adapting another one.) its all just a rehash of what other companys have been doing for years.

lol he made 10 of those chromoly gears when the AM Performance was created.
since then the team got split up and he is having difficulty to get the project going again.

same with those people that bought their AM baffled oil pan .. no one can get them anymore ..
why
because AM Performance stopped their work

soo again continue to argue and editing one of your post with new stuff about something you know f u ck all ...

soo yeah dont call him you will just losse his time on your useless ***

its all just a rehash of what other companys have been doing for years.
yup .. him on the VQ

Last edited by XChacalX; 09-30-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
jerryd87

http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/Im...egulations.pdf

funny no aftermarket camshafts are approved for use in the z car, the only thing that IS allowed in grand am racing are factory offerings aka NISMO so try again.

or how about this
http://www.grand-am.com/FanInfo/GRAN...gCategory.aspx
ohhhhh heyyyy loook at that the only z cars permitted to make 450hp in a z car is a wait for it........................wait for it.............4.5L v8 like already stated. funny thing is thats just the jgtc cars aka GT class. the lower classes are in the first link.

now lets post the rest of the regulations you put

3-3 Cylinder Heads - Only stock OE or GRAND-AM approved
cylinder heads are permitted. Only steel or titanium valves
are permitted. Only magnetic steel valve springs are
permitted.
3-4 Crankshaft – Only magnetic steel crankshafts are permitted.
Unless otherwise approved, the stock angles of the crank
throws must be retained.
3-5 Camshaft, Valve Lifter, and Rocker Arms – Rocker arms,
lifters and steel pushrods may be replaced with aftermarket
components with GRAND-AM approval

can you tell me where it shows aftermarket camshafts are allowed? ooooo thats right it dosnt only rocker arms, lifters, and pushrods and require approval in advance. what you posted is general guidelines, each engine and class has its own requirement not posted in the actual rule book but that class's regulation book.

SECTION 6 - ENGINE LUBRICATION/DRY SUMP
6-1 Oil Reservoir Tank -
6-1.1 Oil reservoir tank must be mounted within the main
chassis framework.
6-1.2 All oil lines must be armor-braided with AN
threaded coupling.

oh look only dry sump is permitted like i said, wanna keep going? your just making yourself look bad and im laughing my *** off at you and i imagine others are too.
wow all you want is to push me down and try to have the last word or what ??
ayway that 12 000 rpm was to test his chromoly oil pum gear and their used those engine ... they arent running 12 000 during a race
what do you think ,,, they does testing to see how good parts are ..

but again with a lot on this forum you bash peoples that knows a bit more than you ...
and yes they can use big cam dont be fooled by what you think you know

2-3 General Engine Requirements.
2-3.1 All engines must be production-based. (GRAND-AM may require changes in bore and stroke or other specifications in some circumstances.) GRAND-AM may approve other engines.
2-3.2 Maximum engine RPM, throttle body size/diameter, valve lift and size, and the maximum compression ratio may be specified for each approved engine. Engine air box and inlet air restrictors may also be required.
2-3.3 It is mandatory that all major components and parts be for sale to the general public in a regular product offering. GRAND-AM must approve all components/parts prior to use in competition.
2-3.4 All approved components/parts and modifications will be specifically listed for each eligible engine. See GT-SCR.

I can discuss more in that topic because you can face the facts that they do use big cam but are restricted
its not only in Grandam race .. but every Racing organisation ,, people are already being restricted and find ways around that.

again you wont beleive me on this because you dont know better..

good night !!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
XChacalX

on top of that it was a hub dyno so how about we call it like it is and say closer to 340 being generous.
so ....
like I said way before you start arguing with me ..

I did stated that I did dyno test (His dynapack VS a dynojet)
same day within 2-3 hours max
the result was only 3 whp more on his dynapack

so now you need a mustang dyno sheet to be happy ?

or you are going to argue with me and ask for a 3rd guy to valide what Ive been saying since the beginning.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 PM
jerryd87

there is no research and development everything that is used is factory pieces even the 450 hp v8's are using factory nismo pieces they have very specific rules. obviously i understand far more then you because you seem to think that some no name shop that hasnt done **** to prove themselves. where is this engine, if its so reliable and can do so much why isnt he a leading engine builder for the vq? instead hardly anyone has heard of him and a quick search shows that company dint even apply for a business license till late 2010, so yah people where doing the crap he is YEARS before he even entered the game for the vq.

i take that back i guess they worked on dai yoshihara's 350z..............that kept blowing engines yah great track record.

and there facebook page is full of engines the keep blowing up..............yah i would rather go to gtm, and theres no way i would even go there thanks for pointing out a fail shop
wow you are such a tool that you keep arguying .. and actualy you are the one that is trying to look good ...

in racing is all about research & developpment..

that is something you CANT understand

Last edited by jerryd87; 09-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Na 380+ rwhp?