Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

'06 VQ35DE Crank and RMS photo - New JWT Clutch

Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM
corsairprime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 VQ35DE Crank and RMS photo - New JWT Clutch

Hi all.
Just wanted to post a picture of the Crank and existing RMS on my '06 350Z RMS and crank. After 103400 miles it is still clean and sealed. Here's the picture.

https://plus.google.com/#photos/1052...99988287506482

I am swapping out the factory clutch for the JWT clutch combo from CZP. Also a new nismo needle pilot bearing and chromoly pivot ball.

Last edited by corsairprime; 01-09-2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Corrected the subject of this thread
Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM
SlowNFurious

Did you swap out the clutch line for the ss braided one? My kit came with the pivot ball, pilot bearing, and clutch line. I was pressed for time when I did the install and left the oem clutch line on. I just recently threw that braided line on and it actually made a noticeable difference, which was unexpected. I also changed out the fluid and bled it, so that may account for the new and improved pedal feel.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 AM
corsairprime

Default Braided SS line

Originally Posted by SlowNFurious
Did you swap out the clutch line for the ss braided one? My kit came with the pivot ball, pilot bearing, and clutch line. I was pressed for time when I did the install and left the oem clutch line on. I just recently threw that braided line on and it actually made a noticeable difference, which was unexpected. I also changed out the fluid and bled it, so that may account for the new and improved pedal feel.
I had previously installed the braided SS line to the clutch slave cylinder. The kit I got from CZP only had the JWT clutch combo. You are correct the braided line made quite a difference on how the clutch feels. Very positive in my opinion. Currently I am using the Motul 600 in the clutch lines, soon to be swapped out for some DOT3 fluid from AMSOIL. I also am swapping out the Nissan Clutch Mater Cylinder for the Wilwood unit.

Link: http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...158.28.225.233

I also have the RJM Perfomance adjustable clutch pedal kit on order. The JWT clutch is quite a bit stiffer the the stock '06 unit. The adjustability of the RJM unit should get the pedal feel close to what I'm used to. I'll post some picture of the state of the old stock clutch setup shortly.

Link: http://www.rjmperformance.com/350z--g35-kits.html
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 AM
corsairprime

Default Picture links of my old stock clutch setup at 103400 miles

Links to Pictures of the old Factory Nissan setup:

Stock Pressure Plate
Stock Clutch Disk
Stock Flywheel

Last edited by corsairprime; 01-09-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Corsairprime, if you're going to the Wilwood MC you're going to need the Wilwood compatible version of my fork for the AFP sliding adjuster.
The oem unit uses a metric M8x1.25 thread clutch rod while the Wilwood MC uses a 5/16-24 NF threaded clutch rod.

I'll add a note to your order to fabricate the slider to the Wilwood spec for you. Good thing I happened to see your post.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 AM
corsairprime

Default Thanks for the Heads-up

Originally Posted by RJM Performance
Corsairprime, if you're going to the Wilwood MC you're going to need the Wilwood compatible version of my fork for the AFP sliding adjuster.
The oem unit uses a metric M8x1.25 thread clutch rod while the Wilwood MC uses a 5/16-24 NF threaded clutch rod.

I'll add a note to your order to fabricate the slider to the Wilwood spec for you. Good thing I happened to see your post.
Ryan, Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to installing this and the new Wilwood Clutch Master unit.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

You're very welcome. Always here to help ensure customers get the best product and service possible Finding out the threads were wrong at the time of install would have been a major PITA.