Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

jwt clutch/flywheel in depth review

Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default jwt clutch/flywheel in depth review

Most of the reviews I have found were a bunch unorganized comments so I decided to organize mine a little better in question format.

Vehicle? mods?
2005 base 6mt pearl white, kn drop in, injen ss catback, z1 hfc, z1 cross drilled and slotted rotors with hawk +p track pads, jwt clutch/ flywheel,
ss clutchline, pivot ball, torque billet solutions tran mount/wilwood slave

Where did you purchase your flywheel/clutch/mount?
Conceptzperformance.com best price I could find

Why did you purchase all this?
I had 125,000miles on stock clutch (wasn't slipping) and the slave was sticking after hard launches... If im going to tear it apart im going all out and I am planning to do some drag racing this year and I know the stocker wouldn't hold up.

What was your initial response?
After I left the shop, the engagement point was closer to the floor (which I felt the stock clutch engagement point was too high) I also noticed the tran mount right off the bat.

Last edited by Toneloc; 12-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was the tran mount worth it?
In my opinion Yes, I am the type that will take functionality over comfort. I felt the stock mount was slushy and the drivetrain shift sloppy. I will be honest the first 50miles I thought about putting the stock one back on... Let me explain... some vibration is transferred to cab (not enough to chatter your teeth) the sound is a mixture of vq and wrx boxer engine and fills the cab with noise especially after 3750rpm. It is tolerable and can have normal conversation and phone call under normal 3k shifts. I drove it like that through the break in and I learned to really like it. The sound is eargasmic and the shift are very firm and no drivetrain slop. It was worth the investment to me.

Tell me more about the clutch/flywheel combo any regrets?
No regrets, the dread (cement mixer sound) is only in netruel with the clutch not depressed (which im never in neutrel)...clutch is consistent and firm and the pedal feel is smoother and slightly less effort then stock. The flywheel revs very fast great for rev matches as expected... engine breaking has been decreased by 25% Since I have the base I have a steady foot for holding speed and didn't notice a real difference other then it doesn't lug up and incline as mutch at 70mph in 6th gear.

Gf's response?

She new I did something to my car... She got in and said it sounds like a motorcycle, seems the same to me shifting wise (wasn't driving) Was it worth the money? Yes babe lol

Would you do anything different?

No, any questions please ask me... great all around package and fast shipping
jwt clutch/flywheel in depth review-pix.jpg
jwt clutch/flywheel in depth review-1390534_601586559898096_1675068908_n.jpg

Last edited by Toneloc; 12-15-2013 at 02:51 PM.