flywheel/ clutch purchase....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dchi_t
hey guys, i was just wondering, cuz u get just the jwt flywheel and the nismo clutch while using the stock pressure plate? or just the nismo fly w/ nismo clutch still keeping stock pressure plate?
NISMO or JWT flywheel can be used with either the NISMO or OEM Presure Plate and Disk (clutch).

JWT Clutch (presure plate and disck) can only be used with JWT Flywheel (now out for 350z and in stock at http://www.performancenissanparts.com )
Old 10-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Machupo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought the whole point of a "Sprung clutch" was to get rid of the rattling noise?

anyone have an Unorthodox 6-paddle Ceramic clutch and their Ultra L Alu. flywheel? i was considering getting the pair and am looking for any feedback

thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2004, 01:02 PM
G3po

Default sprung clutch

Originally posted by Machupo
i thought the whole point of a "Sprung clutch" was to get rid of the rattling noise?

anyone have an Unorthodox 6-paddle Ceramic clutch and their Ultra L Alu. flywheel? i was considering getting the pair and am looking for any feedback

thanks in advance!
Not really , it is to reduce shock transfer into the drivetrain.
Hard launches with an unsrung puck type disks is very hard on the drivetrain and not recommended for durable street use.

There are two basic types of clutch noise on a Z/G.
Rattle and Chatter.

Rattle is caused by tranny noise which is more readily heard when the OEM dual mass flywheel is repced with a lighter lower mass type.

Chatter is mostly caused by "grabby" clutch disk materials such as cera-metallic which are very heat resistant but feather poorly.
Organic materials such as OEM or high performance Carbon chatter the least.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:13 PM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
there will be such a slight bit of noise added and only below 2000 RPM while driving... but you dont really want to drive in gear below 2000 or even 2300...

most people when they hear the noise in my car with the lightest flywheel for this car, people say "tahts what people are complaining about.."
so you are saying that a noise below 2500 rpms is normal because the nissan dealership i got mine installed is baffled and this noise and have replace my tranny twice