Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Car won't run

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:38 PM
lambodz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't run

Hi everyone I got a 03z last year I took it to a show and race. The car started smoking bad whe I first pulled it off the trailer so I took it parked it in the show. When it came time to take it down the track I cheeked it all over everything seemed fine. On the way over started to smoke again. So I took it straight to the trailer and took it home. When I got home to unload it it would not start. So we got it in the garage got it up in the air found out the oil return line from the turbo had twisted like 10 times have no idea how this had happened all claps were tight. Fixed the line started to pull things apart found oil in cylinders 5 and 6. All the other cylinders were good so I got those cylinders cleaned out. I replaced all the plugs. It's getting spark and pulled the fuel injectors and it's getting fuel. Also replaced the crank sensor and cam sensors. I'm now at a lose if anyone has had this problem or got any answers that would be awesome thank you
Old 02-06-2017, 05:02 AM
knuckles899

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I would get a compression and leakdown test done to see if the rings got smoked.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:45 PM
lambodz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knuckles899
I would get a compression and leakdown test done to see if the rings got smoked.
ok will I still need to do that if the car will idle but as soon as you hit the gas it kills it
Old 02-08-2017, 06:57 AM
knuckles899

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lambodz350
ok will I still need to do that if the car will idle but as soon as you hit the gas it kills it
Some of the more knowledgeable members may know....you could have another issue but a compression leakdown wouldn't hurt to know. Generally oil in the cylinders could be worn rings or valve seals....it's hard to say.