Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

If you bought a 1st gen rogue short shifter...beware!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 09:00 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoa guys chill out with the name calling this is the wrong section for that stuff if you are unhappy with a vendor post it in the vendor reviews
Old 02-26-2004, 09:31 AM
KJY9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hfm
Heh. Mr. Special wants to be treated better than everyone else because he just can't follow instructions. All you have to do is return the shifter back to Rogue Engineering and that they will update the shifter for free. What do you do? You try to fix it yourself not once, not twice but three times, failing miserably each time.

Send it to RE, it's not that hard. You're just making it more difficult for yourself and throwing crap around like you usually do.
Let's see..you're involved in this thread why/how?
Do you have a short throw shifter in your ride?
Or are you still bone stock and mocking everyone elses's claims??
I started fixing it before rogue even had a "fix' out for their shifter.
You really should refrain from posting in ignorance, but it appears that you have not learned your leasson....troll elsewhere little man!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:33 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
whoa guys chill out with the name calling this is the wrong section for that stuff if you are unhappy with a vendor post it in the vendor reviews
350evo is no longer in the review section, or it would have been posted in that section, but thanks for the advice
Old 02-26-2004, 10:01 AM
hfm

Originally posted by KJY9
Let's see..you're involved in this thread why/how?
Do you have a short throw shifter in your ride?
Or are you still bone stock and mocking everyone elses's claims??
I started fixing it before rogue even had a "fix' out for their shifter.
You really should refrain from posting in ignorance, but it appears that you have not learned your leasson....troll elsewhere little man!
ROFLMAO! And, you were involved with my threads why or how? What's the matter, can't take criticism on your threads but love to dishout on others? Pretty hypocritical.

You're very good at throwing out words like "troll". Trolling is something you're simply awesome at, you should take it up professionally, big boy!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:05 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Come on, guys. Let's keep the bickering out of this, please.

I, personally, have ordered a couple of times from BJ and 350EVO--never had a single problem.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:06 AM
hfm

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
Come on, guys. Let's keep the bickering out of this, please.
Anything you say Christie.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:16 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by hfm
ROFLMAO! And, you were involved with my threads why or how? What's the matter, can't take criticism on your threads but love to dishout on others? Pretty hypocritical.

You're very good at throwing out words like "troll". Trolling is something you're simply awesome at, you should take it up professionally, big boy!
I was involved, because I had the complete package that you did your independant dyno on (what an oxymoron).
I simply asked if you had the first gen short shifter or are you in this thread simply to cause discord? (rhetorical question..I already know the answer).
As to your post about following instructions", I'll repeat it once again for you since you have a habit of posting only to the parts of a post that you see (selective).
I started fixing my shifter long before BJ or Rogue even knew they had a problem with their shifter, let alone developed a fix for it.
Christie, yes I've bought a few things from BJ myself...always fast in shipping out, and a very nice guy, but since they refuse to stand by what they sell and instead refer you back to the manufacturer, I'll not buy from them again.
End of my posts on this thread. I spend enough on my ride and have more than enough friends that own Z's to let this go un-noticed.
BJ had the chance to do business honestly, he chose to push it off back to the manufacturer. Not what I consider honest business.
Peace Out
Old 02-26-2004, 10:33 AM
jeffery

I was considering purchasing the short shifter from 350evo, count me out.

If I had problems with my shifter I would expect whom ever I purchased it from to send me a replacement and then I would send back the defective product.

Don't defer me to the manufacturer and expect me to have that much down time with my vehicle waiting for the shifter to be shipped to rogue and then again for another to be shipped back to me.

As for all the hostilities, you people all must work for 350evo.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:49 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

actually theres really no downtime. just put the pieces together and dont shift too hard; you can still drive around normally.

i've dealt w/ 350evo and i had a positive experience. for the record, i did not buy my RE shifter from 350evo, but directly from RE.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:06 AM
UF350Z

Not my business here, but I don't see why you're making such a big fuss about 350evo sending you a replacement as opposed to Rogue. It's the same thing...same downtime just in one case you're sending it to the manufacturer and in the other you're sending it to someone who just distributes them, making him pay for and extra shipping label. To me it just sounds like you have it set in your mind that 350evo needs to send you a replacement, kind of stubborn if you ask me. I've dealt with rogue for parts for my BMW and have never had a problem with them or products but I know if I did they would be happy to send me a replacement at no charge. They are great guys. Because I'm a big fan of Rogue, I would recommend that if you do decide to buy a new shifter you should go directly to RE and order from them because they've made treated me well so I always recommend their products first.

EDIT: I think the reasons everyone here thinks there will be more down time by sending it to RE Is that they're thinking they have to send it to 350Evo and then they ship it to RE...I'm sure if you call RE they will ship a new shifter to YOU along with a return label so you can ship the faulty back to them...same downtime as shipping it to 350Evo

Last edited by UF350Z; 02-26-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:29 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by UF350Z
Not my business here, but I don't see why you're making such a big fuss about 350evo sending you a replacement as opposed to Rogue. It's the same thing...same downtime just in one case you're sending it to the manufacturer and in the other you're sending it to someone who just distributes them, making him pay for and extra shipping label. To me it just sounds like you have it set in your mind that 350evo needs to send you a replacement, kind of stubborn if you ask me. I've dealt with rogue for parts for my BMW and have never had a problem with them or products but I know if I did they would be happy to send me a replacement at no charge. They are great guys. Because I'm a big fan of Rogue, I would recommend that if you do decide to buy a new shifter you should go directly to RE and order from them because they've made treated me well so I always recommend their products first.

EDIT: I think the reasons everyone here thinks there will be more down time by sending it to RE Is that they're thinking they have to send it to 350Evo and then they ship it to RE...I'm sure if you call RE they will ship a new shifter to YOU along with a return label so you can ship the faulty back to them...same downtime as shipping it to 350Evo
Well said.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:46 AM
az240z

I can understand both sides to this issue. If I buy a product and have to return it I would expect the business I bought it from to take care of it. I also understand that many businesses pass the warranty back to the manufacturer and that it may faster to bypass the sellar.

The buyer doesn't want to be without the use of his car while the sellar can't be sure that the buyer is being truthful about the condition of the product in question.

I think both parties are being stubborn. I don't think it is reasonable to tell the sellar to send me another product and i will return the defective one when I can get it installed nor should the sellar expect the buyer to be without the use of his car.

I think both should have contacted the mfg and see if they could have come up with an acceptable solution.

I do have a question for the buyer, did you install the shifter yourself, and if so did you keep the original shifter?

az240z
Old 02-26-2004, 01:31 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by apex locator
actually theres really no downtime. just put the pieces together and dont shift too hard; you can still drive around normally.

i've dealt w/ 350evo and i had a positive experience. for the record, i did not buy my RE shifter from 350evo, but directly from RE.
How is there no down time if he sends his faulty shifter to RE??What does he use to shift?A screwdriver???The bottom line is 350EVO is an authorized dealer of the RE shifter and should go out of their way to send him a new one,so he can do the swap and have no down time...Why should he suffer due to a faulty product??This is the remedy I would expect if it were my car...I have suffered from WAY to many SCAM artist in the parts business...Right DAVE?!?!?
Old 02-26-2004, 02:44 PM
jesseenglish

Thre will be no downtime because I'm sure RE will send out a new shifter to him with a return label so he can send his faulty one back after he installs the new one. That's what they did when the first batch came out wrong. I received another new one a couple days after I received the first one. They understand people need to drive their cars.

This is a phenomenal waste of time. Just call RE and let them know your old one broke. They take care of customers. This is a warranty issue. When I had a problem with my supercharger pulley, I called ATI. Why would I call superchargersonline.com when the warranty is through ATI
Old 02-26-2004, 03:07 PM
dczoner

daking & kjy9,

You guys are obviously not in the distribution industry nor would you last a week with your attitudes. If you purchase just about anything online, the most work that a company will do for you is independently contact a company, and then call you back telling you what that company said. In this instance it sounds like 350Evo would much rather have you contact them independently. They are in no way obligated to hold your hand through the RA process (Return authorization), and most people prefer going directly to the company that mfg's it anyways. That way you aren't getting any sort of additional runaround, etc. If you purchased a product from a licensed dealer, then you should contact the mfg, and tell them your product is defective, especially once your dealer says "there's nothing more I can do, call the mfg."

Daking, faulty products are inevitable. The only instance where it really sounds like there could be a legitimate reason for the dealer to get back involved is if there were a core exchange done through the dealer. In this instance I would imagine kjy9 has his original shifter laying around the garage somewhere. So he can re-install his shifter, and return his short shifter. Yes its a pain in the ***, and most companies try very hard to not release faulty products because of the negative implications on their bottom line and on their corporate image.

Look, 350Evo told you what steps need to be taken in order to receive your replacement. Any additional steps THEY would take would mean that it would take longer for you to get the product that you want. In this instance, call Rogue, it sounds like they are very reasonably sending out replacements with return packaging included. Jesseenglish said it perfectly, this is basically a question of warranty. If you want to have a place that you can cry your heart out to the manager, then go to a brick & mortar store. If you continue to purchase items online, understand this is the procedure that you will have to use every time something like this happens.

Thats it. Sorry if HFM & I don't have the "right" to publish in your PUBLIC thread. But you guys need to quit badmouthing companies that have no reason to be badmouthed.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:26 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by dczoner
daking & kjy9,

You guys are obviously not in the distribution industry nor would you last a week with your attitudes. If you purchase just about anything online, the most work that a company will do for you is independently contact a company, and then call you back telling you what that company said. .....
I'm going to have to say BS on that one...unless of course you're just talking about car parts dealers. I've been ordering computer parts, clothes, pretty much anything you can buy online. This is a first for me..if you're happy dealing with people like this..that's your right. 350Evo just lost any future business of mine. PERIOD
Old 02-26-2004, 05:02 PM
dwnshift

Exclamation

Kevin,
Where is your OEM shift rod?
Old 02-26-2004, 05:11 PM
zuff

Sounds like you enjoy these combative threads.... borred?

350EVO have done the right thing, the difference between what you want and what they offered is your arrogance. If you had discussed the issue on the phone with BJ there wouldn't be a BS thread like this.

Next time you buy a TV, HI-FI, whitegood check the warrantee. The return is to the manufacturer... even the onsite service is supplied by the manufacturer.

So car parts aren't that much different! Whats your gripe? Appart from you expressing your right to be a tool!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:43 PM
daking350
Banned

I really hope everyone that does not agree with myself and KY9, has a problem with a vendor not replacing an obviously DEFECTIVE product in the near future..Then we may listen to you guys whine like little school girls on the rag..
Old 02-26-2004, 05:52 PM
jesseenglish

That's the difference between KJY9 and myself. I wouldn't whine about it, I'd go straight to the source to get it fixed. The vendor is just a middleman who's only responsibility is to make sure that he is honest.

The only way I can think of a vendor being responsible to replace a part is if something they did caused the failure.... for example bad packaging, or misrepresenting the items entirely.

Quick Reply: If you bought a 1st gen rogue short shifter...beware!