Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

JWT Flywheel Revving?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT Flywheel Revving?

Chances are this'll be my next mod and I was wanting some impressions from those of you who have on installed/have driven a Z with a JWT.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:34 AM
silverstoneTT

I was interested in the same thing...anyone...
Old 03-09-2004, 12:35 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In all honesty it was not as noticeable as I was hoping for. It was more noticeable on the two vehicles with upgraded clutches then on one with just a flywheel change. The fly wheel was more noticeable when driving hard and taking it up to redline over just blipping the throttle. All these cars had other major mods, but the flywheel should be just as noticeable regardless. . . given its nature. I think it is a good mod and is on my short list of what’s left to do. The JWT made very little noise compared to what I was expecting. You really had to try to make it noisy.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:21 PM
L.A. Roadster

Thumbs up

I recently had a JWT clutch/flywheel installed on my 04 roadster. I didn't notice any change in sound until someone told me to accellerate from 15mph in 3rd gear. Then there was a mild "rice in a tin can" sound until I got my RPM's up a bit. If the radio is on you won't even notice.

Far more noticeable than the noise is the increased responsiveness of the car. It's great under all conditions.

I've had no problems with streetability, and I drive through LA traffic daily.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:12 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by VandyZ
In all honesty it was not as noticeable as I was hoping for. It was more noticeable on the two vehicles with upgraded clutches then on one with just a flywheel change. The fly wheel was more noticeable when driving hard and taking it up to redline over just blipping the throttle. All these cars had other major mods, but the flywheel should be just as noticeable regardless. . . given its nature. I think it is a good mod and is on my short list of what’s left to do. The JWT made very little noise compared to what I was expecting. You really had to try to make it noisy.
Where you really notice the difference (with JWT clutch & JWT light flywheel) is on your launches. I just had 29 runs at the track
last weekend ...it'll smoke the tires through the first two gears if you launch like you normally do with a stock setup.
That being said, I've had to tone down my launches quite a bit. Hopefully this Sat. at the track will yield better results since I'm getting used to it.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:22 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JWT Flywheel Revving?

Originally posted by Bebopin Spike
Chances are this'll be my next mod and I was wanting some impressions from those of you who have on installed/have driven a Z with a JWT.

Thanks.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&highlight=jwt
Old 03-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

Thanks for the thoughts guys.