Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Jdm Ecu

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 02:57 AM
ether

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have both options available here but some sort of "registration" is needed if you buy the whole thing rather than just a reflash, don't really know what that means.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:46 AM
Michael-Dallas

Originally posted by GY-Z
can u be more specific?
thanks
Taken from the FSM, regarding the function of NVIS/NATS:

System Description AIS00144
NVIS (Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System-NATS) has the following immobilizer functions:

Since only NVIS (NATS) ignition keys, whose ID nos. have been registered into the ECM and BCM (NATS control unit), allow the engine to run, operation of a stolen vehicle without a NVIS (NATS) registered key is prevented by NVIS (NATS).
That is to say, NVIS (NATS) will immobilize the engine if someone tries to start it without the registered key of NVIS (NATS).

All of the originally supplied ignition key IDs (except for card plate key) have been NVIS (NATS) registered.
If requested by the vehicle owner, a maximum of five key IDs can be registered into the NVIS (NATS) components.

The security indicator blinks when the ignition switch is in “OFF” or “ACC” position. Therefore, NVIS (NATS) warns outsiders that the vehicle is equipped with the anti-theft system.

When NVIS (NATS) detects trouble, the security indicator lamp lights up while ignition key is in the “ON” position.

NVIS (NATS) trouble diagnoses, system initialization and additional registration of other NVIS (NATS)ignition key IDs must be carried out using CONSULT-II hardware and CONSULT-II NVIS (NATS) software.
When NVIS (NATS) initialization has been completed, the ID of the inserted ignition key is automaticallyNVIS (NATS) registered. Then, if necessary, additional registration of other NVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs can be carried out.
Regarding the procedures of NVIS (NATS) initialization and NVIS (NATS) ignition key ID registration, refer to CONSULT-II Operation Manual NATS-IVIS/NVIS.

When servicing a malfunction of the NVIS (NATS) (indicated by lighting up of Security Indicator Lamp) or registering another NVIS (NATS) ignition key ID no., it may be necessary to re-register original key identification. Therefore, be sure to receive ALL KEYS from vehicle owner.
Procedure to register your NATS keys w/ a new or different ECM:

ECM Re-communicating Function AIS00146
Performing following procedure can automatically perform re-communication of ECM and BCM, but only when the ECM has been replaced with a new one (*1).
*1: New one means a virgin ECM which has never been energized on-board.
(In this step, initialization procedure by CONSULT-II is not necessary)
NOTE:

When registering new Key IDs or replacing the ECM other than brand new, refer to CONSULT-II Operation Manual NATS-IVIS/NVIS.

If multiple keys are attached to the key holder, separate them before work.

Distinguish keys with unregistered key ID from those with registered ID.
1. Install ECM.
2. Using a registered key (*2), turn ignition switch to “ON”.
*2: To perform this step, use the key (except for card plate key) that has been used before performing ECM replacement.
3. Maintain ignition switch in “ON” position for at least 5 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch to “OFF”.
5. Start engine.
If engine can be started, procedure is completed.
If engine cannot be started, refer to CONSULT-II Operation Manual NATS-IVIS/NVIS and initialize control unit.
Enjoy.

Michael.

Last edited by Michael-Dallas; 04-01-2004 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:23 PM
GY-Z

michalel-dolas
thanks for the info
so from my understanding from reading this thread.
it is possible to have a JDM ECU on our car?
just u have to send it ur US spec ECU to the JDM Tuner rite?>
thanks
Old 04-02-2004, 01:54 AM
ether

there is a difference in octane rating levels (at least between US & Japan gasoline), might want to confirm this taken into account by the tuner
Old 04-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Again why would you bother? All the JDM firms that offe ecu's use exactly the same reflash programer that Technosquaure uses 9by Techtom, of which Technosquare is the US distributor for). You would be far better off having your car reflashed to your mods (ie done on your car) by a tuner local to you, or by making the drive down to TS.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:07 PM
GY-Z

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
Again why would you bother? All the JDM firms that offe ecu's use exactly the same reflash programer that Technosquaure uses 9by Techtom, of which Technosquare is the US distributor for). You would be far better off having your car reflashed to your mods (ie done on your car) by a tuner local to you, or by making the drive down to TS.
i actually have TS refashed 3 or 4 times already.!
it works fine, but i am just not happy with the result!
so i am looking into other JDM brand !
Old 04-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

they are the same thing.

Are you doing your reflash via mailorder? If so, that is your problem.....
Old 04-03-2004, 10:10 PM
GY-Z

they are the same thing.

Are you doing your reflash via mailorder? If so, that is your problem.....
yes, i havemine reflash via mailorder!
but amuse's ECU seems to match up with my mods.
so i'll take a shot with amuse !
(if thatz doable?)
Old 04-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I will say this for the last time - if you choose not to listem, that's fine by me.

The JDM tuner ecu's from Impul, Mine's, Amuse, Tomei, and countless others are ALL reflashed using the Techtom software. This is the very same Techtom software that Technosquare uses, as well as their dealers.

The JDM ecu is different from the US ecu for a veriety of reasons. I know when we contacted Mine's about their ecu option way back when (they were the first to have it out IIRC), they told us flat out it will not work).

You say you are "unhappy" with the TS ecu - why exactly? What is it not doing that you would like it to do? The power gains from the ecu itself are not huge, its more of a mod to compliment other mods you might have.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:00 PM
GY-Z

I will say this for the last time - if you choose not to listem, that's fine by me.

The JDM tuner ecu's from Impul, Mine's, Amuse, Tomei, and countless others are ALL reflashed using the Techtom software. This is the very same Techtom software that Technosquare uses, as well as their dealers.

The JDM ecu is different from the US ecu for a veriety of reasons. I know when we contacted Mine's about their ecu option way back when (they were the first to have it out IIRC), they told us flat out it will not work).

You say you are "unhappy" with the TS ecu - why exactly? What is it not doing that you would like it to do? The power gains from the ecu itself are not huge, its more of a mod to compliment other mods you might have.
i know that Amuse ECU use basically the same reflash technique.
but the A/F ratio seems doesn't match up with my mods
(AMuse exhaust system)
so thatz why i decide to give amsue a try!